Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC:FN55:Rockhold-v-Bisping & FN56:Shogun-v-OVP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beautiful headkick by Rockhold before the finish.

Yeah. Bisping was recovering well and most fighters would of kept firing shots at him. Good fight IQ from rockhold to switch to the choke.

Great card. Great fights. No decisions
    But crowd a little flat tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah. Bisping was recovering well and most fighters would of kept firing shots at him. Good fight IQ from rockhold to switch to the choke.

Great card. Great fights. No decisions
    But crowd a little flat tbh.

Best event since Dublin for entertainment value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Viral infection scratches Ian McCall from UFC Fight Night 56 bout vs. John Lineker

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/viral-infection-scratches-ian-mccall-from-ufc-fight-night-56-bout-vs-john-lineker

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Viral infection scratches Ian McCall from UFC Fight Night 56 bout vs. John Lineker

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/viral-infection-scratches-ian-mccall-from-ufc-fight-night-56-bout-vs-john-lineker

:(

This has made me beyond sad, he retweeted my tweet last night were i asked him to ask for the title shot to be in Dublin, McCalls such a good guy this is heartbreaking. Lineker who struggles to make weight every time is going to get propelled by this.

FN55 - Sorry for leaving you that_guy i ended up going upstairs to watch it and didnt bring the laptop :p What a card! Wasnt expecting much but it was absolutely unreal, you got your moneys worth anyway Mellor! Gutted for Bisping & Hester, who people i wanted to win. But a nice win for Brimage who was cruising towards cut territory.

Now with McCall out and Brazils terrible crowd along with a mediocre main event I think il give tonights card a miss, saying that il be back here at midnight commentating on the fights because I cant sleep! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bisping has really matured in losses, I actually starting to like him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Great night of fights. I feel sorry for Bisping as I really wanted him to at least get a title shot before retirement. Looks like that won't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    Now with McCall out and Brazils terrible crowd along with a mediocre main event I think il give tonights card a miss, saying that il be back here at midnight commentating on the fights because I cant sleep! :pac:

Doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons had a chance now that fight is scrapped not gonna bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Superb card of fights, tonight's card most likely pale in comparison.

Class finish by Rockold and genuine class from both men after the fight. Fair play to Bisping his post fight with Dan Hardy was great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

What time the prelims start at tonight?

• Advertisement

No one up watching? Alan Jouban just got robbed

Shogun gets knocked out in the first 30 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Damn Shogun didn't even land a punch.

That was depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

never seen a crowd react to a loss like that before, place was nearly empty for post fight interview.

All the legends are falling its sad

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

TimRiggins wrote: »
    No one up watching? Alan Jouban just got robbed

I don't know how Walley got the decision, he ran away the whole fight other than the first two minutes where he came out swinging like a mad dog.

Just watched the event this morning skipping through the vast majority, its amazing how you can go from having an amazing card Friday night to this, the only positives from the event was OSP delivered how I expected & Dhiego Lima put in a performance that well surpass his TUF19 finale were he looked under par. Very missable card, Shogun is finished. His chin is shot and at 32 I see it hard for him to walk away because hes so young compared to the likes of Henderson & Anderson. He wont get released anyway because hes such a bit draw in the UFC, 1-4 says it all really in his last 5. Only managing to beat Te Huna which isnt anything major.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Some good fights! Great performance for Iaquinta against Pearson. I dont like to see Pearson get beat but he can't have many complaints about this one. Rockhold looked good against Bisping and the 1 armed choke was great!

Didn't see all the Brazil card but Shogun :eek: I thought he slipped throwing a big swinger until I seen in the replay he got clipped going in and crumbled. Can't really say too much about OVP because the fight was so short lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

just watched the brazil card
    really enjoyed how quiet the arena was I must say

ASOT wrote: »
    Just watched the event this morning skipping through the vast majority, its amazing how you can go from having an amazing card Friday night to this, the only positives from the event was OSP delivered how I expected & Dhiego Lima put in a performance that well surpass his TUF19 finale were he looked under par. Very missable card, Shogun is finished. His chin is shot and at 32 I see it hard for him to walk away because hes so young compared to the likes of Henderson & Anderson. He wont get released anyway because hes such a bit draw in the UFC, 1-4 says it all really in his last 5. Only managing to beat Te Huna which isnt anything major.

I disagree to be honest. I watched the card last night and have to say I enjoyed the card last night. Claudio Silva/Edwards fight was good as was the Alves/Jouban even if it was a robbery.

Almedia v Gorman was a great fight on the PreLims aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I disagree to be honest. I watched the card last night and have to say I enjoyed the card last night. Claudio Silva/Edwards fight was good as was the Alves/Jouban even if it was a robbery.

Almedia v Gorman was a great fight on the PreLims aswell.

agree with that

the alves joubain was a great fight as was almeida gorman
    Almeida looks like a man who could go very far in time, cant wait to see him
    fight again, most impressed ive been with a fighter in a while, hats off to gorman who put everything out there but just bumped into a good one

one of the better brazilian cards imo

I dont know lads it could have been the fact FN55 was so good that i was watching it with that in the back of my mind, il give it a second going over if i get time tomorrow! Warlley absolutely robbed Jouban, as clear a hometown decision as your likely to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think I need to see the legends retiring on wins rather than going in, getting battered and then calling it a day.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I think I need to see the legends retiring on wins rather than going in, getting battered and then calling it a day.

Shogun still wont retire thats the thing, 32 is mad young compared to some of the other Legends. Dont know were he can go from this though, his jaw is basically non existent.

New footage revealed showing how Shoguns loss wasnt his fault...

https://vine.co/v/OiD5d7rOYwr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just catching up on the Uberlandia event. How in the fúck did Alves win that fight? An absolute robbery.

Advertisement