Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country pub close to Ardnacrusha?

• 06-11-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I dont know Limerick much, but does anyone know if there's any decent country pub around Ardnacrusha?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nicholi

You have McMahons Bar (known as the Daggers) in Ardnacrusha, there's Pascal's Bar in the Westbury Centre and Larkin's Bar (beside the Topaz Filling Station). The first one is within walking distance the other two are a bit further away (5 minutes in car). Larkin's would be my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Meelick Tavern wouldn't be too far from Ardnacrusha either. Would probably need a car but it's no more than 5 or 10 mins from the entrance to the Power station in Ardnacrusha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

Brownes parteen. savage stout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Brownes parteen. savage stout!

I'll second that:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Sounds good lads the names alone sound good. Brownes parteen and Meelick Tavern sounds like right spots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Brownes is ****e and the propietors are not the most pleasant, Flash's is the more palatable of the two.
    Stritch's in Clonlara is a good spot, O'Shea's isn't bad either. Wuthering Heights in Kilmore is enjoyable too.
    Daggers is bland, Pascals is full of Scobes but Larkin's is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Larkins or Wuthering Heights are where I'd be going if I were you.

Both a spin in a car though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Larkins or Wuthering Heights are where I'd be going if I were you.

Both a spin in a car though

I've been known to frequent Larkins.

Dear god, avoid Pascals. Soulless. Definitely not a country pub.

Any news on the lame duck reopening - are they still working on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Andy_MAC

Larkins pub.. a lovely small pub.. depending where you live they will sometimes drive you home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Where exactly is Larkins lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 nicholi

Larkin's Pub is at Larkins Cross. It is the first crossroads after Westbury (last set of traffic lights on the way out of town). There is a Topaz filling station (formerly Great Gas - Mughal Filling Station). Hope this helps.

Does this thread not belong in the Clare section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hi folks, I dont know Limerick much, but does anyone know if there's any decent country pub around Ardnacrusha?

No need to know Limerick if you're looking for a pub in Clare ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Ah jaysus be nice. As s blow in I reckon half of limerick is in clare anyway so it really doesn't matter what forum it's in...... Until it comes to hurling of course....... Up the rebels

Ah jaysus be nice. As s blow in I reckon half of limerick is in clare anyway so it really doesn't matter what forum it's in...... Until it comes to hurling of course....... Up the rebels
    We're kind of sick of the Bosnian Serbs/Israelis treating moving to Clare and claiming its still Limerick, at this stage Limerick stretches as far as Killaloe.

Advertisement