Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Huawei HG658c wifi issues

Options
  • 06-11-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I recently got Vodafone fibre broadband and am quite happy with it reliability-wise etc. My issue is with the wireless. When connected by ethernet, I get speed of about 83mbps. When connected by wifi, sitting right beside the router, with no other devices connected I get about 20mbps.
    I know if I call tech support, they'll just tell me to cycle the wireless channels, but I've done this and the best I've gotten is 25mbps from the wifi.
    Anyone have any advice? Is it worth shelling out for a better router or is there a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Download InSSIDer it will show you all the wifi networks within reach of your router and the channels they are running on.

Channels 1,6,11 have minimal overlap. If possible choose the least congested channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

you probably need to upgrade your wifi card in your laptop, however due to the hardware inside the vodafone router, i wouldnt bother

get homeplugs, only option to max out your speed. you will never max out that speed with the vodafone router

i bought these and i max out my connection which peaks at around 95mbps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA6030KIT-Powerline-Multiple-Configuration/dp/B00K3FEC4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415383166&sr=8-1&keywords=600mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm getting a similar problem with my sony smartphone,pings are erratic, download speeds are averaging around .5 Mbps and uploads can range anywhere really.
    Could someone show m how to "cycle the channels" please?

Advertisement