Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teknys trigger pull

Options
  • 06-11-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Well lads, have a beretta teknys and the trigger pull is after getting light!! Has anyone else had a similar problem, is it fixable or would i have to send it to a gunsmith to fix? If its the latter, any gunsmith around the limerick area? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pheasantmad

ANY ONE?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

When you say light, is it taking less pull to fire or is there a distinct lack of pressure as you pull the trigger.

Semi Auto need a lot of maintenance and cleaning. Not just the bore/barrel, but a full strip down and oiling/cleaning all the internal parts too. If the trigger pull is light in that is takes very little pressure then there could be a build up of crap on the mechanism. If it's light in that the pull feels "effectiveless" then the spring(s) could be slack and need replacing.

I'm no expert and other than a strip down and clean i've ever had an issue with mine. Have a look at the video below. It's from Beretta's service manager. It's a guide on how to strip the gun down. Nothing more, but it could help you and when you strip it down clean the crap out of it, oil it, and check the tension on the springs. It might work or at least it's a start.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks Cass, will try a complete clean first and see how it goes then.

You know when you take off the foreend, and the tube and underside of the barrel are covered in fouling. Well that crap gets into every space of the mechanism. With it being semi auto the blow back is a little more and there are more moving parts so cleaning is vital.

Out of curiosity are you having any issues with hang fires, misfires, accidental discharges, etc? Any "odd" markings on the primer of the cartridges?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

No real issues with any of them, the issue was the trigger was taking very little pressure, as in when i fired a shot at a pheasant it fired off a second shot at him with the barest of touches to the trigger, happened twice so using the other gun at the moment until i can get it sorted. Usually give it a good clean but never took out the trigger mechanism to clean as i was afraid I would not be able to get it back in properly.

• Advertisement

The firing of two shots screams sear. I guarantee there is dirt/debris caked around the mechanism and the sear. When the gun fires the sear cannot fully "set" and so it takes the barest of trigger pulls to release the sear.

This is not only a problem but a safety issue lad so don't use the gun until you have it stripped down and scrubbed. If you think you've done enough then do some more. Use an airline, plenty of oil and be 100% sure you have cleaned every part.

Reassemble and load two cartridges. Check the trigger pull and that it does only fire one at a time. If it doesn't feel right, strip clean some more and try again.

If the gun is spotless and the problem persists then it's not dirt but an actual issue with the sear. Check for wear when you have the mechanism apart.

Cheers for your knowledge Cass, will do.

Advertisement