Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sending Iphone 5 back to apple

• 06-11-2014 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

My iphone battery ran out on Saturday and hasn't turned back on since Saturday.Bought new charger,tried hard reset nothing works. Anyway went to o2 on Wednesday and since i cant restore it and turn off find my iphone they said i have to send it back to apple.
    How do i go about this and how much will it cost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Are you able to turn off Find my iphone at www.icloud.com ?

And then see if it's possible to restore it.
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht1808

If you've no luck with that, you can contact Apple to set up a repair here

www.apple.com/ie/support/contact

If you're under warranty, there would'nt be a charge. If not, then Apple should advise you on what it'll cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Doesn't matter if you go with o2 or Apple, you will need to turn off find my iPhone.

Go to icloud.com. Make sure your iPhone is turned off. On icloud.com, click FMIP (Find my iPhone) and try track your device.
    Once it shows up as being offline, you can click remove from account.

To confirm it's removed, check your serial / IMEI here https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

(IMEI is located on the back of your iPhone 5)

o2 or Apple can then complete repair / replacement if needed.
    There is no need for you to restore the device, as if they decide to replace it, they can just reset to factory settings using iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Thanks lads. called up apple turned off find my iphone and there sending out a pack to me to send it back. Is there a repair center in Northern Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

As far as I know the repairs are done in the UK.

The package they send out to you will have labels with the address for the repair centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

The packages contain a number for a courier used. You call them and they pick up the package to return to Apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I got my 5S repaired (actually replaced) in the UK recently.
    Excellent service from both Apple and UPS
    Could track the shipping and the repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I got my 5S repaired (actually replaced) in the UK recently.
    Excellent service from both Apple and UPS
    Could track the shipping and the repair

Lucky you, im having a shocking experience right now with ups! Posted my 5 back on the 22nd of oct to replace faulty power button, they lost it on 23rd and still looking! Non stop arguments with ups which i was shocked the lost as they do have a great reputation.

Anyway good luck OP, the service centre is in the netherlands! Hopefully you are more fortunate than me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hi OP here.
    Send back in Wednesday 12th and got it back on the 20th, (missed ups on the 90th) anyway €87 including shipping and return from a courier
    Very happy with the service, I got a net phone off then (refurbished probably) but I don't care - no scratches, it charges and the lock button works.

Advertisement