Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persuing women is the most pointless endevaour

• 07-11-2014 1:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30

Disregarding women is probably the best life choice you can make imo. People who live to impress the opposite sex are among the biggest losers going, they are the type of people who get desperate and end up settling with some 5/10. What is the appeal in this? It boggles my mind. How the hell could you be happy with yourself waking up beside someone who you don't believe is nice to look at.

I'll admit I suck with girls and obviously I came to this life choice because getting with girls doesn't come easy to me, however over the summer I had a thing with a very very hot girl(not neckbeard standards, she was legit guapa, maybe an 8/10) when I was sleeping with her it became apparent to me the importance of being with someone YOU find very physically attractive. Personality matters more but at the end of the day appearance matters a whole lot as well . I've rambled a bit but I used to be the kinda guy who would describe themselves as a 'hopeless romantic' believing in the type of love that the movies and songs depict. I came to the realization that the world of relationships is much colder than I believed in my innocence. It certainly is no Taylor Swift song. For this reason I believe love is pointless in the 21st century. Marriage is an antiquated custom which only leads to the stifling of personal growth.
    I am excited by the possibilities that await me as I approach my my mid 20's and further on. The feeling of never being tied down, EVER, financial freedom, travelling the world in my 40's. Damn possibilities fill me with excitement.
    If you are in a great relationship IGNORE me, but if you are one of those guys desperate for love my advice to you is quit acting like a loser and embrace the freedom that a single life can bring. Don't do anything to impress women if you do you fail at life.

Its so liberating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

You could just try your luck with men instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Or even try pursuing them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

It's not a choice between 'disregarding' women and desperately trying to 'impress' them man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭JasperGeorge.

tyga wrote: »
    Disregarding women is probably the best life choice you can make imo. People who live to impress the opposite sex are among the biggest losers going, they are the type of people who get desperate and end up settling with some 5/10. What is the appeal in this? It boggles my mind. How the hell could you be happy with yourself waking up beside someone who you don't believe is nice to look at.

I'll admit I suck with girls and obviously I came to this life choice because getting with girls doesn't come easy to me, however over the summer I had a thing with a very very hot girl(not neckbeard standards, she was legit guapa, maybe an 8/10) when I was sleeping with her it became apparent to me the importance of being with someone YOU find very physically attractive. Personality matters more but at the end of the day appearance matters a whole lot as well . I've rambled a bit but I used to be the kinda guy who would describe themselves as a 'hopeless romantic' believing in the type of love that the movies and songs depict. I came to the realization that the world of relationships is much colder than I believed in my innocence. It certainly is no Taylor Swift song. For this reason I believe love is pointless in the 21st century. Marriage is an antiquated custom which only leads to the stifling of personal growth.
    I am excited by the possibilities that await me as I approach my my mid 20's and further on. The feeling of never being tied down, EVER, financial freedom, travelling the world in my 40's. Damn possibilities fill me with excitement.
    If you are in a great relationship IGNORE me, but if you are one of those guys desperate for love my advice to you is quit acting like a loser and embrace the freedom that a single life can bring. Don't do anything to impress women if you do you fail at life.

Its so liberating.

This is arguably one of the most healthy posts in this forum on this topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

So you got laid once by someone you consider (subjectivley) to be an 8/10 and now you're a lothario expert. The mere fact that you reference the term neckbeard says a lot. Sounds like you read one of those PUA books and have decided that treating women like crap is the way the get laid.

You suck with girls but you landed this "legit guapa" despite not trying to impress the opposite sex because anyone who does this this is a loser. Your post is so full of contradictory ****e i don't know where to start.

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    So you got laid once by someone you consider (subjectivley) to be an 8/10 and now you're a lothario expert. The mere fact that you reference the term neckbeard says a lot. Sounds like you read one of those PUA books and have decided that treating women like crap is the way the get laid.

He hasn't said anything of the kind. In fact I don't think he mentioned treating women badly at all. That is something YOU brought up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

Why would I be kidding? No seriously I think someone taking a step back from relationships and admitting they are not the be all and end all is very healthy.

The OP even states 'if you are in a great relationship ignore me'.

He states opinions regarding relationships which you are free to disagree with. But in reality he has found a happier place that is positive for him and bears no negativity to anyone around him.

What is wrong with that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 tyga

1.Strong jelly detected, u mad?
    2.What does the reference to a neckbeard suggest?
    3.So disregarding women is treating them like crap? Okay whatever you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

You just need to find the right person this can take time!

• Advertisement

Healthy if you're delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Pursuing women is the point of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Someone shoot me in the face.

Disregarding women is not disrespecting them. And women disregarding men is not disrespectful to men.

Men are constantly told that women do not owe us sex. And this is true. I agree with that.

Personally I think disregarding women rather than feeling unhappy being single is much healthier. And the same goes for women.

Not everyone is meant to be in a relationship.

You will never have a committed relationship with any women of value if you grade them. Its not an attractive quality in any mate and not considered Romantic in any terms.

Healthy if you're delusional.

I shall consider your opinion..and then disregard it ..but thanks.

1.Strong jelly detected, u mad?
    2.What does the reference to a neckbeard suggest?
    3.So disregarding women is treating them like crap? Okay whatever you say.

By disregarding women I take it to mean this usual PUA ****e of subtly insulting women to try to make them think you're not interested. A schoolboy tactic. Like pulling a girls hair in the playground. As for "jelly" eh no dearest.

Why would I be kidding? No seriously I think someone taking a step back from relationships and admitting they are not the be all and end all is very healthy.

He states opinions regarding relationships which you are free to disagree with. But in reality he has found a happier place that is positive for him and bears no negativity to anyone around him.

What is wrong with that?

Read in between the lines of my post extremely well.

By disregarding women I take it to mean this usual PUA ****e of subtly insulting women to try to make them think you're not interested. A schoolboy tactic. Like pulling a girls hair in the playground. As for "jelly" eh no dearest.

Maybe some men are just genuinely not interested and people should not take personal offense to that?

What is wrong with that?

Agreed, taking a step back from relationships and all is healthy.

The OP is anything but though. Just because it contains one good idea doesn't make it rational as a whole.

• Advertisement

Caprica6 wrote: »
    You will never have a committed relationship with any women of value if you grade them. Its not an attractive quality in any mate and not considered Romantic in any terms.

Its more common than you think(everyone does it) but I do agree with you.

Read in between the lines of my post extremely well.

If it has a double meaning or a more subtle message then it's less than genuine. And if it's less than genuine why did you post it?

No. I mean literally not giving a care about their opinions of me or having any desire to get into a relationship.

If it has a double meaning or a more subtle message then it's less than genuine. And if it's less than genuine why did you post it?

I just meant how you picked up on the positivity of it.

Like I suggested my trouble with girls, experiences etc. has led me to this life choice but its for the better.

Maybe some men are just genuinely not interested and people should not take personal offense to that?

Whoooosh over your head.

I spelt it out. The tactic of subtley teasing/insulting a woman you're interested in as a way of getting their attention. A standard PUA tactic. And no offense Jasper but if you're more than 19 I'd be surprised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 FeckBum

You must be in a bad way to have come to a conclusion like this. Persuing women is the meaning of life.

On the other hand, pursuing the stereotype hollywood relationship may be a mistake.

I saw you mentioned the word neck beard.

Are you a neckbeard by any chance? Do you like anime and league of legends etc?

Whoooosh over your head.

I spelt it out. The tactic of subtley teasing/insulting a woman you're interested in as a way of getting their attention. A standard PUA tactic. And no offense Jasper but if you're more than 19 I'd be surprised.

That does work, but I have no interest in what works. The games of relationships, of attraction are actually what turned me off women.

That does work, but I have no interest in what works. The games of relationships, of attraction are actually what turned me off women.

Amen Brother. I'm not advocating these games. Just thinking this is what the OP is getting into. Not my bag at all.

FeckBum wrote: »
    You must be in a bad way to have come to a conclusion like this. Persuing women is the meaning of life.

On the other hand, pursuing the stereotype hollywood relationship may be a mistake.

My username is the name and inspired by American rapper lol, so not not exactly. I suppose the neckbeard example doesn't make sense in the context of the wider internet where neckbeard memes where they judge hot women harshly are prominent but my point was I'm not some fat basement dweller who thought some 4/10 he banged was Ariana Grande, the girl was legit hot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 FeckBum

What other option do you have if you don't approve of these "games"?

I'm thinking the arranged marriage route from back in the 50s.

I know men grade women as much as uppity women grade men, it never ends well and it's gross on both sides of the scale.

I have dated who ever I liked, the last bloke I dated insisted I went running everyday to keep being a size 6/8 and gauged me as stupid as I never felt the need to go to college and was pretty, this coming from a guy with actual cellulite on his legs!!! And I never complained or said anything in order to make him feel worse, yet he had this thing of trying to belittle me at every opportunity :/

Behavior like that tires even the nicest people out. If you don't think your captivated by someone then don't settle but don;t grade them either its demeaning to both men and women and a turn off. Granted when you wrote this post you were possibly in another frame of mind :)

My username is the name and inspired by American rapper lol, so not not exactly. I suppose the neckbeard example doesn't make sense in the context of the wider internet where neckbeard memes where they judge hot women harshly are prominent but my point was I'm not some fat basement dweller who thought some 4/10 he banged was Ariana Grande, the girl was legit hot. But anyway doesn't matter that she was hot, she wasn't a nice person(long story)

Whoooosh over your head.

I'm not offended because I personally don't mistreat women I like in that way. There are very few women I like. Not because there are not worthwhile women around it's just the way I am.

I know this 'teasing' is a PUA tactic. I have never used PUA. I have never teased or mislead a girl.

Disregarding women is not a tactic for all of us. It might not even be about women. It might be just me going through my stuff.

I'm pretty straight up If I like someone I tell them if i don't I tell them. If I couldn't give two ****s about them I ignore them. I don't tell someone I like they don't mean anything to me to get a reaction. It doesn't work. But saying disregarding women is a PUA tactic might be wishful thinking. Me disregarding a girl pretty much means I am indifferent to her. If she is important to me I'll let her know.

My username is the name and inspired by American rapper lol, so not not exactly. I suppose the neckbeard example doesn't make sense in the context of the wider internet where neckbeard memes where they judge hot women harshly are prominent but my point was I'm not some fat basement dweller who thought some 4/10 he banged was Ariana Grande, the girl was legit hot. But anyway doesn't matter that she was hot, she wasn't a nice person(long story)

Ah I get it now, you're 12.

I do think arranged dating would be helpful for some people.

Then I'm single so what do I know.

Anyway I don't know whether the OP at this stage was genuine or not.

All I know is I am single and I wish i have a more positive outlook on that than I do now. And by that I don't mean anything to demean women. I do have friends who are women although not many.

It's rare to feel something genuine and for the other person to feel it back. I would never screw that up with games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I knew this thread would be a cringe fest but I'm drowning in my owns facepalms here. This forum makes me despair for the male sex sometimes.

Well none since clearly I've decided to 'disregard' women. Look if somehow someway a girl comes along who matches my standards of looks and personality then great, but I won't be running around clubs trying to hook up with some randomer anytime soon.

Well none since clearly I've decided to 'disregard' women. Look if somehow someway a girl comes along who matches my standards of looks and personality then great, but I won't be running around clubs trying to hook up with some randomer anytime soon.

There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Matches your standards that sounds...........nice!!

Matches your standards that sounds...........nice!!

It sounds honest.

• Advertisement

Why can't people just relax and not be picky and see what happens :o
    Like its good to have standards enough you don't date a mental d*ckhead but it just doesn't sound nice at all when looks are dragged into it of course we all have preferences sometimes you can skip them....

I do think arranged dating would be helpful for some people.

Then I'm single so what do I know.

Anyway I don't know whether the OP at this stage was genuine or not.

All I know is I am single and I wish i have a more positive outlook on that than I do now. And by that I don't mean anything to demean women. I do have friends who are women although not many.

It's rare to feel something genuine and for the other person to feel it back. I would never screw that up with games.

Ignoring the references to 4/10's and Ariana Grande for a minute. The whole point of my thinking is to free ourselves from this obsession with 'love', or having somebody to love(I hat that term) I guess I've just fallen out of love with the idea of love but it feels healthier. I'm mentally more confident and focused than I have ever been. I don't have to apologise for myself anymore. I no longer have to berate and doubt myself for not having the type of traits girls go for. I can just LIVE!

Like its good to have standards enough you don't date a mental d*ckhead but it just doesn't sound nice at all when looks are dragged into it of course we all have preferences sometimes you can skip them....

I think it's more like I don't want to feel I have to be with someone I don't really care for just to feel ok. I would rather feel I really had the real thing someone I was really wild about. Looks come into it yes as they do for you but it's nothing for anyone to get down about.

I get rejected because of the way I look. That's why I say it's rare to have a situation where you like someone a lot and they like you back. That's why I wouldn't play games. Because I wouldn't want to risk screwing it up. But saying I don't want to just pull and play up to women or bend over backwards for someone I was not really into is not me being picky.

Oh well yes settling is not the thing to do, I tried that it sucked, there's so much more out there but you just got to get on with it and persist :D That and if your a man have good shoulders :P or be ginger!!!! :D *jokes

But looks is what it comes down to. You have to be realistic I do agree, but I consider myself good looking so would expect anybody I get into a relationship with to be as well.

Oh well yes settling is not the thing to do, I tried that it sucked, there's so much more out there but you just got to get on with it and persist :D That and if your a man have good shoulders :P or be ginger!!!! :D *jokes

I think I have good shoulders but I'm not ginger. I have one out of two. Half way there!

Each to there own I suppose, but does that mean if you were a ten and you really adored to the point of crazy some one who was a 2 you wouldn't go there? Or is this a basis as a guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

MadYaker wrote: »
    I knew this thread would be a cringe fest but I'm drowning in my owns facepalms here. This forum makes me despair for the male sex sometimes.

Snap :/

I think I have good shoulders but I'm not ginger. I have one out of two. Half way there!

Bwhhahahaha Keep up the good fight so :P

But looks is what it comes down to. You have to be realistic I do agree, but I consider myself good looking so would expect anybody I get into a relationship with to be as well.

Clearly women don't or this thread wouldn't be happening :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement