Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have not 'Thanked' one post in all my time here

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

+1 once more for good look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

and that is a history lesson on what boards was like before the thanks button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You had me worried until I checked your profile...:pac:

Total Thanks
    Thanked 12,584 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Find all thanked posts by Maximus Alexander

Each thank you receive hurts us all as a collective as surely as each thank I receive. Avoid victim blaming. Hate the thanks system , not the thanker or the thankee ;)

No, no, I wasn't talking about those ones. Don't mind those ones. I haven't been thanked apart from those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sep 2014.

I was expecting someone from 2010 at least.

Come back to us in 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

No, no, I wasn't talking about those ones. Don't mind those ones. I haven't been thanked apart from those.

I am reminded of some cliche in movies, Mr Bond/Blackadder/Red Dwarf etc where the villain says to the Hero 'We are very much alike, you and I'

Sep 2014.

I was expecting someone from 2010 at least.

Come back to us in 4 years.

I had an account here in 1998/99 when I was a wee lad. I made some rant in the Ireland Offline section about the extortionate price of internet, then forgot I had the account.... I lost the login details. I forgot the name of the account , the name of the email and the password. I searched the Ireland offline section for clues of my old post and old login name but cant find it anywhere. I dream of finding that old account so I can rub it in the noses of account holders like yourself who think they landed in Boards 'on the Mayflower' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Just checked - I was here for 28 months before I thanked anyone.

It seems my standards have slipped now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

you are pure evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thank you.

Thumbs up.

Like.

Box of Roses.

You can only have ONE of the above. Choose wisely. Be aware, some of the purple roses may have been eaten
    We can't be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I dream of finding that old account so I can rub it in the noses of account holders like yourself who think they landed in Boards 'on the Mayflower' :pac:

Yeah because that's something to brag about :confused:

Yeah because that's something to brag about :confused:

Life has always divided up into them and us with the criteria being arbitrary. Using join date criteria and upon salvaging of that old account you can be my butler who has been a 'family stalwart' since your join date of June 2012. Whatever would we do without you Jeeves :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Not for such as I to court popularity with the mob.

Dafuq?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Vandango wrote: »
    Dafuq?

17 year old SJW in training I imagine.

Calibos wrote: »
    17 year old SJW in training I imagine.

lmao

check my previous posts mate. if anything I am quite happy to see that SJW has actually become a term of derision :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I'm not going to cave in. Whenever I feel my hand drifting towards the 'Thank' button to 'reward' kindness, helpfulness and to thank back in return , I remind myself that this is a cynical invention of the Illuminati to keep us distracted while the real issues happen in the background. Good try Mr Kenny.

No Thanks. Not for such as I to court popularity with the mob. I am keeping my vow and it feelsgoodman.jpg

Is there anybody else out there with a similar record ?

Given human frailty there probably is. I thanked you to unthank you. Take that!
    pow1.gif

sheesh wrote: »

*blush*

I am really amazing arent I ? :pac:

Given human frailty there probably is. I thanked you to unthank you. Take that!
    pow1.gif

I unthanked you first

wait what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

check my previous posts mate.

You couldn't be arsed thanking that posters post and now they're your mate? Tight fúcker aren't ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I thank posts I agree with or find funny.

Good system.

• Advertisement

Areyouwell wrote: »
    You couldn't be arsed thanking that posters post and now they're your mate? Tight fúcker aren't ya.

Thanking merely perpetuates the thankriarchical system whereby those privileged by the talent of being funny and interesting are advantaged over boring tossers

Holsten wrote: »
    I thank posts I agree with or find funny.

Good system.

are you always this funny ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

THANKS WARS
    Episode IV - A New Hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I unthank you.

I unthank you.

I feel sad now

Advertisement