Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance when leaving Australia

Options
  • 07-11-2014 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I am leaving Australia soon and will doing about six months travel on way home. Coming over to Australia I got Irish travel insurance pretty easy but now that I have not lived in Ireland for over a year I am ineligible for Irish cover. Has anybody used Australian companies? It seems to me that I can't use any Australian companies as I am not an Australian resident. Any recommendations or other tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

How long have you lived here? You most likely are an Australian resident just not necessarily a permanent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubba gump

Sundy wrote: »
    How long have you lived here? You most likely are an Australian resident just not necessarily a permanent one.

I arrived in January 2014 and am Australian tax resident but from what I see on insurance websites I need to be Australian resident. Do you know if tax resident is sufficient for insurance? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Try worldnomads insurance.

Advertisement