Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange after six weeks?

Options
  • 07-11-2014 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I bought a flat pack wooden dolls house six weeks ago and only opened last night to find that a whole side wall was missing from the pack and another one broken inside. Obviously I don't want to give an open plan doll house and if all the pieces were there I probably would have just glued the other wall back together since it's so long since originally bought.

So, I suppose I am wondering what are my entitlements at this point? Receipt doesn't mention returns policy and neither does their website from what I can tell. I really want to exchange as it's a present, not look for my money back, but not sure if they can just tell me to forget it as it's two weeks past 28 days.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

It's faulty, not fit for purpose. Most places offer exchange for change of mind in 28 days, that's not the case here, repair, replace or refund - their choice but you can try to influence it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

That's what I figured, going to try the nice approach first, see how that goes. Really don't want a fight over it but will if I have to! Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement