Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue.

Options
  • 07-11-2014 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hello, I received a bill recently for a house I've moved out of in July. It's supposed to be a replacement bill for past estimated readings, but I've received no refunds to date that would balance this. I've emailed twice about the issue and have not received a reply. As I live in Canada, phoning is not very convenient. 
    Hopefully you can help me out here. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi 11811,

Thanks for your post.

In order to close your account and issue you with a final bill reflective of your usage, we would need you to send us the following information:
    • Your name and account number
    • The date you moved out
    • The final meter reading on that date 
    • Your forwarding address
    • The new occupant's name and phone number (or the landlord, solicitor or estate agent's name and number).

Once we have all of the above, we should be able to update your account. Please note however that we can normally only backdate an account closure by a maximum of two months.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement