Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea, 12:45 K/O, BT Sport

• 07-11-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

livvsche.png

Unbeaten Chelsea travel to Anfield on the back of some underwhelming performances in the last few outtings to take on a Liverpoool team that havent yet clicked domestically but are well placed to push for a top 4 finish and maybe more.

Both were invovled in European action this week, Liverpool in Spain and Chelsea in Slovenia. The early Saturday morning k/o in Liverpool means Chelseas turn around from landing early Thursday morning until k/o is under 36hours.

Both sets of fans remember last seasons game pretty well, not that Liverpool will need or want any extra incentive to win this.

I do feel Chelsea are due a loss and I wouldnt be surprised if it came at Anfield, I'd be happy enough with a point to keep Southampton and City backfor the time being.

For Chelsea, Remy and Mikel are out so its likely to be

Courtois,
    Ivanovic Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Score, Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Going to miss this as I've an exam but I really can't see anything other than a relatively comfortable Chelsea win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looking forward to this, always a feisty game at Anfield and especially after last season. Neither team really looking their best for the last few games but Liverpool definitely coming into it from a better midweek performance.

Hope Costa gets back on the scoresheet, hoping for a close 2-1 to Chelsea but could easily see 2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

One thing is for sure, the battle on the pitch will pale in comparison to the real battle... which version of the Stevie G song gets heard the most :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The REAL battle is whos going to cause more trouble for the mods on the day and aftermath of the match, here is my odds.

1/10 - Liverpool fans, J/Favs
    1/10 - Utd Fans, J/Favs
    Evens - Chelsea Fans, J/Favs
    Other odds on request.

:pac:

I've a 30th so I'll be pretty much busy all day but I cant imagine its going to be a pretty match thread for anyone invovled. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As a neutral, this match entices absolutely 0%. Drab, unambitious Chelsea and goal-shy, increasingly solid Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hopefully a Liverpool win

dfx- wrote: »
    As a neutral, this match entices absolutely 0%. Drab, unambitious Chelsea and goal-shy, increasingly solid Liverpool.

So.......4-4 draw written all over this now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

GavRedKing wrote: »
    With at least one ridiculous penalty call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The WWE are supplying a special guest referee just for Skrtl vs Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Cant see anything other than a Chelsea win

• Advertisement

1-1 would be a feast. The audacity to score four goals would be a personal insult to Mourinho from his own players and likely scorers to be dropped next week for bringing the club into disrepute..:p

1-1 would be a feast. The audacity to score four goals would be a personal insult to Mourinho from his own players and likely scorers to be dropped next week for bringing the club into disrepute..:p

Hopefully :)

Next game after Liverpool is WBA, we scammed a draw against them last season, we'll have to park the bus and hope for a 1-0. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have a feeling Liverpool will get the win.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Going to miss this as I've an exam but I really can't see anything other than a relatively comfortable Chelsea win.
    Im shocked. Your usually so positive about LFC:P.

Hopefully :)

Next game after Liverpool is WBA, we scammed a draw against them last season, we'll have to park the bus and hope for a 1-0. :cool:

Might even have to bring Torres back in January to teach these guys a lesson or two in front of goal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

MD1990 wrote: »
    Im shocked. Your usually so positive about LFC:P.

And you're usually ridiculously positive when there is no reason to be other than blind hope.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    I have a feeling Liverpool will get the win.

You predict a Liverpool win?! What a surprise! :eek:

Might even have to bring Torres back in January to teach these guys a lesson or two in front of goal :pac:

Its a bad state of affairs when the guy youre bought to replace (drogba) leaves, joins two clubs and comes back to replace you at the age of 36. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With Hodgson having announced the England squad, it might be safe to play Sturridge for the last 20 ;)

With Hodgson having announced the England squad, it might be safe to play Sturridge for the last 20 ;)

I'd sooner not risk him at all tbh unless he's 100%,which if he is he should start.

I'd be surprised if he's risked at all seeing as he's made from glass

Looking at league form you'd have to say Chelsea are worthy favourites.

I'm holding out hope Liverpool will put in a much better performance than last weekend on the basis of an improvement midweek.

Can't say I'm optimistic though.

Not a huge fan of early Saturday kick offs for these big games tbh

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised to see Sturridge play any part in the game.

If hes fit and starts he'll cause us problem, especailly if he links with Sterling, the pace of those two is pretty hard to match.

I'd happily take another 2-0 if it meant breaking out the bus, somehow I cant see it being used from the start though.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Looking at league form you'd have to say Chelsea are worthy favourites.

I'm holding out hope Liverpool will put in a much better performance than last weekend on the basis of an improvement midweek.

Can't say I'm optimistic though.

Not a huge fan of early Saturday kick offs for these big games tbh

5.30 would have been perfect.

When you consider City played at Home wednesday and they get the late k/o its a bit of a bo**ocks.

I know its all down to BT who own the early k/o slot but its really annoying playing this game on the back of a European away trip on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A sneaky liverpool win i sense and i have no idea why i think this, form says anything but a liverpool win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ah classic gibberish fair play "Drab, unambitious Chelsea"

Most league goals season to date
    Scored in every game played
    3rd highest shots on goal season to date
    Scored more than 1 goal in 80% of our league matches season to date
    Won the highest scoring game of the season so far

Yea really drab and unambitious - never let the truth get in the way of personal dislike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Think Emre Can needs to start this one for Liverpool, we'll need his physical presence in the midfield against Matic and co. He's still a bit raw but he's starting to show a bit of fearlessness in the middle he's always looking for the ball, he doesn't hide and he'll run at Chelsea if he gets the chance. I'm torn on Gerrard at the moment, if I were picking the team i'd be half tempted to start with a midfield of Lucas, Henderson and Can with Gerrard coming on at the hour mark. That being said he'll have a serious point to prove after what happened last year and knowing him he's probably desperate to make up for it. Tough one this but I think Liverpool might get something from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

2-0 Chelsea , Gerard at fault for both.

I would go
    Mignolet
    Manquillo---Toure---Lovren---Moreno
    Gerrard

Henderson
    Can

Coutinho

Balotelli
    Sterling

Lucas unlucky but Gerrard won't be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea should win and if they go out to win they will.

3 losses in 7 days would have some fans frustrated with the Brend I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea should pick up the win but lesser teams have gotten results against them this season.

4-0 Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

1-0 Chelsea.

Chelsea in patchy form but should do enough to get the job done. Liverpool will huff and puff but ultimately create next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

It'd be nice to see Liverpool at least score a goal, albeit it's never easy to score against Chelsea.

Haven't a clue how the game will go in all honesty, mainly because I have no idea who'll start for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Early Chelsea goal from a Liverpool f**k up .... Chelsea then sit back and spend the remainder of the game absorbing toothless attacks from Liverpool, waiting to hit on the break resulting in a 3-0 win.

I'm a pessimist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully Lovren doesn't start and our Ivorian overlord keeps his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Chelsea's last 4 games havent been up to scratch performance-wise... would definitely take a point, though Chelsea should control the game and create more chances you'd feel.

Even though Chelsea's form isnt great, Liverpool's is worse so its hard to see them winning. But on any given day at Anfield you never know.

Ill say 1-1 or 1-2 Chelsea. Any result wouldnt shock me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hopefully after the no show game on Wednesday we go out and slap Liverpool. Costa looked like he was up to go on the rampage when he came on, so hopefully he'll continue in that mood.

• Advertisement

Costa is due a goal...... its been over a month since he got the clincher against Arsenal..... if he doesnt score tomorrow then the next opportunity will be on the 22nd so that will have been 6 weeks since he scored for Chelsea.

Oscar, Hazard and Drogba have done brilliantly and taken the pressure off him though by scoring 8 of our last 14 goals since the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kolo Toure last minute winner. For what side I don't know.

Kolo Toure last minute winner. For what side I don't know.

To be fair to Kolo, it'll be hard for Rodgers to leave him out after how he played in the Bernabeu... just thinking though.. Costa and Hazard getting turned and running at Kolo Toure has possible penalty written all over it!

Costa is due a goal...... its been over a month since he got the clincher against Arsenal..... if he doesnt score tomorrow then the next opportunity will be on the 22nd so that will have been 6 weeks since he scored for Chelsea.

Oscar, Hazard and Drogba have done brilliantly and taken the pressure off him though by scoring 8 of our last 14 goals since the Arsenal game.

He got robbed of a winner on Wednesday, bloody Italian officials. :rolleyes:

Hes also missed the last few EPL games so I wouldnt worry about him in the long run, not being called up to the Spanish squad and allowed to rest for the next 2weeks means he can go full tilt on Saturday, hopefully to devasting effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

fcuking BT sports!

Don't have and won't pay for it. Couldn't even watch it on sky player in work if I wanted to because they ain't on it.

And I was told this was on TG4, which I have and can watch online in work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

OwaynOTT wrote: »

It's not on the TG4 schedule...

2-2 draw for me, Liverpool to salvage a draw in a frenetic last 15 mins.

fcuking BT sports!

Don't have and won't pay for it. Couldn't even watch it on sky player in work if I wanted to because they ain't on it.

Even though I started the thread and found out it was on BT, its only dawning on me that I'll have to listen to Michael Owen.

Thats my weekend ruined, regardless of the result. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wont see the game sadly but might catch some on the radio with luck.

If we get an early goal should be OK if not well anything could happen as I would expect fatigue to creep in as the match progresses.

My team would be

Courtois, Ivan, JT, Cahill, Dave, Matic, Cesc, Oscar, Haz, Ram, Costa.

Petr, Luis, Zouma, Aki / Obi, Willian, Schurrle, Remy / Drog

Of course biggest irony would be 0-0 last 10 minutes Remy comes on and scores the winner..................

Is remy fit now ya? Missed the press conference, I thought Mikel and Remy were both still out?

If I was picking a team I'd probably throw in Ramires

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Ramires Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Worse case scenario we can go 4-3-3 with Ramires tucking in and Oscar pulling wide right when we're defending, on the counter or when we ge the ball, Ramires can do the inside out role and head out to the right wing.

Is remy fit now ya? Missed the press conference, I thought Mikel and Remy were both still out?

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Ramires Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Worse case scenario we can go 4-3-3 with Ramires tucking in and Oscar pulling wide right when we're defending, on the counter or when we ge the ball, Ramires can do the inside out role and head out to the right wing.

I'd definitely play Ramires, the form of Schurrle at the moment doesnt even warrant him coming off the bench... id like Willian to be that option on the bench... hes perfect to bring on if we are soaking up pressure and counter attacking and he'd be an attacking upgrade on Ramires if we needed a goal.

Actually a nice player to have on the bench.

Ramires was like a wing back on Wednesday night but if the squad is all fit and available I'm pretty happy going there.

If the team is the above the bench will probably be

Cech
    Zouma, Luis
    Mikel,
    Willian,
    Remy, Drogba

Remy can play wide as well if needed and Willian can replace any of the supporting 3 if it goes to pot, its a pretty strong 7 on the bench actually.

Ramires was like a wing back on Wednesday night but if the squad is all fit and available I'm pretty happy going there.

If the team is the above the bench will probably be

Cech
    Zouma, Luis
    Mikel,
    Willian,
    Remy, Drogba

Remy can play wide as well if needed and Willian can replace any of the supporting 3 if it goes to pot, its a pretty strong 7 on the bench actually.

Ive not paid much heed to our bench all season, but looking at it there.. thats very very strong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

fcuking BT sports!

TG4??? Do you mean Setanta? They're showing Utd on Saturday. There's never been and never will be live PL football on TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Ramires Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Everyone is fit....even Mikel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope Mourinho slips up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement