Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea, 12:45 K/O, BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Robbed of a blatant peno but the better team won :mad:
    congrats to Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If that was the difference, Liverpool would be fine. Liverpool are not fine. They're fuucked!

They're not fuuuucked. They need to do a lot better but they're far from fuuucked. Issues that need to be addressed but the usual overreaction merchants are all over it. Losing to chelsea is no shame. Most teams will. United and City were both very lucky to get draws with them and tbh i felt in general we played ok today. Very well in spells but the problems that have cost us all season came out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Played better, but still not really good enough.

The problem is, we also got no decisions, so it was never going to happen today.

Ball was out of play for the goal, Matic could've been off for 1000 fouls and should've had a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fully deserved by Chelsea.

Will be very hard to stop them this season

+1

well deserved

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Very close game. Liverpool are only lacking sturridge and theyed be a real force IMO.

While hes a huge loss we still have too many dodgy players in that first 11.
    Lovren,Johnson,Balloteli in particular.

Over to you Ireland to give me atleast one weekend victory to enjoy:P

Keno wrote: »
    One word for Jose - Efficient.

Finally I've found OptaJoe's boards account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Dcully wrote: »
    While hes a huge loss we still have too many dodgy players in that first 11.
    Lovren,Johnson,Balloteli in particular.

Just on todays performance the only one of them who was poor was Lovren, Johnson had his best game this season comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

difference between the team is Nemanja Matic vs Gerard.
    Matic is a excellent defensive midfielder. Gerard is not.

True, but also Costa gave Chelsea an attacking focal point, Balotelli didn't do that for Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Very close game. Liverpool are only lacking sturridge and theyed be a real force IMO.

Think you're being too kind to us there Gav! Ye bossed the game when ye really had too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

mayordenis wrote: »
    Just on todays performance the only one of them who was poor was Lovren, Johnson had his best game this season comfortably.

Agreed but thats the problem with him, one in 7 good games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

SlickRic wrote: »
    Played better, but still not really good enough.

The problem is, we also got no decisions, so it was never going to happen today.

Ball was out of play for the goal, Matic could've been off for 1000 fouls and should've had a penalty.

Watch it again, Azpilcueta kept the ball in, the whole ball didn't cross the line. Could have been a penalty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

YEAH BABIES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Should it not have been a peno!?? I doubt that Rodgers will say we played great, but we haven't been completely awful. Some awful performances but as a team we haven't been that bad imo.

Also your post is pathetically passive aggressive.

How about I just be aggressive in my posting?

The Rodgers is a chancer and I've been posting this for the majority of the season. If Chelsea were that way inclined, they coulda easily beat us by 2-3 but Jose changed tactics to see out the game.

My point was that now The Rodgers has an incident that he can focus on in the aftermath that will detract away from the decisions he has made in this game.

If you don't like my posting style, ignore or block, simple. Don't give the. Pathetic passive aggressive shouts when you disagree with someone.

I find trying to be sarcastic (not really good sarcasm I suppose) helps me cope with the fact we are absolutely poxy. You may disagree and a lot on here do, but I don't attack their posts because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good win , fairly comfortable , great workrate from Oscar and Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Chelsea are so good at shutting a game down when they are ahead. If we could do half as good a job we would seriously reduce the amount of goals we concede.

We played well mostly bar a few nervy spells but the pressure and intensity need to increase to level like last year.

There's one person deluding himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

One word for Jose - Efficient.

I know another one for him, I'll tell you when Gav isn't around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Good 3pts deserved win for the Blues. looking unstoppable. The PL maybe over by Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What the **** Is this 'The Rodgers' crap

How about I just be aggressive in my posting?

The Rodgers is a chancer and I've been posting this for the majority of the season. If Chelsea were that way inclined, they coulda easily beat us by 2-3 but Jose changed tactics to see out the game.

My point was that now The Rodgers has an incident that he can focus on in the aftermath that will detract away from the decisions he has made in this game.

If you don't like my posting style, ignore or block, simple. Don't give the. Pathetic passive aggressive shouts when you disagree with someone.

I find trying to be sarcastic (not really good sarcasm I suppose) helps me cope with the fact we are absolutely poxy. You may disagree and a lot on here do, but I don't attack their posts because of it.

Did you feel that last year when we finished 2nd playing football that was the most exciting i've seen in my time as a liverpool fan? Its pretty obvious you want him to fail and imo it's pathetic. I don't need to ignore anyones post. Its not going to upset me to read them but i will reply and defend a manager who in his time at the club has done very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dcully wrote: »
    Agreed but thats the problem with him, one in 7 good games.

7 is generous.

Could have robbed a point but Chelsea are just too good defensively.

Were a different team entirely with two up front, he can't keep going with one up front.

AdamD wrote: »
    What the **** Is this 'The Rodgers' crap

Passive aggressive name calling by those who want to paint him as a failure and a chancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lukker- wrote: »
    Watch it again, Azpilcueta kept the ball in, the whole ball didn't cross the line. Could have been a penalty though.

Kept the ball in where did you see the pen? Oscar was also offside when laying in the goal line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Kept the ball in where did you see the pen? Oscar was also offside when laying in the goal line

What?

He wasn't interfering with play, Mig was never getting there.

Did you feel that last year when we finished 2nd playing football that was the most exciting i've seen in my time as a liverpool fan? Its pretty obvious you want him to fail and imo it's pathetic. I don't need to ignore anyones post. Its not going to upset me to read them but i will reply and defend a manager who in his time at the club has done very well.

I've always felt it and talking to lads I go the match with who all think I'm mad. Last year I admit I got caught up in it, especially in the last few months. The reason we were so good last year is in Spain now. It's my opinion. Also the fact you think I want Liverpool to fail is mental stuff tbh. I have a few fetishes but spending money on supporting my club so I can watch them lose and also hope they lose is a fetish too far. I don't hate myself that much.

Passive aggressive name calling by those who want to paint him as a failure and a chancer.

Just a chancer. He is on his way to failing.

Btw it's a joke name put on him a couple of seasons ago, nothing to get emotional about.

Lukker- wrote: »
    What?

He wasn't interfering with play, Mig was never getting there.

Laying in the goal line would be a big interference but the. Liverpool were getting nothing from that ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know another one for him, I'll tell you when Gav isn't around...

Im always watching :pac:

• Advertisement

Laying in the goal line would be a big interference but the. Liverpool were getting nothing from that ref

What was he meant to do so?

If you are laying the blame on the ref for that defeat then you are delusional, keeper was never saving that

peteeeed wrote: »
    If you are laying the blame on the ref for that defeat then you are delusional, keeper was never saving that

Ref missed the Cahill hand balll at the end

Just a chancer. He is on his way to failing.

Btw it's a joke name put on him a couple of seasons ago, nothing to get emotional about.

I know its a joke name put on him a couple of seasons ago. I was here for it. And it was mainly in reference to the "Brentisms" that people were going on about. Not emotional about it but i think its very childish. But thats the internet right? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Delighted. Now watch coach Rogers pass the blame to anyone but himself. Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Thought overall we were nowhere near good enough. Bizarre decision to start Ramires instead of an actual winger and the amount of space Liverpool players were given all game was worrying.

If Mourinho doesn't learn from the mistakes of letting the other team back into it at United and City could come back to really hurt us. Matic, Costa and Cahill good today Hazard seemed to try and break the record for giving the ball away.

It would have been worse if Liverpool were even at the races. Hope this isn't the start of another November rot

I know its a joke name put on him a couple of seasons ago. I was here for it. And it was mainly in reference to the "Brentisms" that people were going on about. Not emotional about it but i think its very childish. But thats the internet right? :P

I know you were. Yeah it's childish, but I'm a big child.

As I've said, I try and amuse myself to get my head away from how we are playing. It is childish and probably not funny but as the great Brendan Grace once said, "I've had my fun, and that's all that matters." ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mourinho as humble as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rob316 wrote: »
    Mourinho as humble as ever.

What was said, missed it

Paddy power..
    Diego Costa becomes the first 47 year old to score 10 Premier League goals in a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who is that aimed it???

327750.jpg

Good Lord. If a Liverpool fan put that up in a Man U match thread, you'd be the first one in on your white horse in shining armour defending your fellow fans from attack.

You were searching through the Chelsea squad for Asian players, weren't you.

What was said, missed it

Nothing of note really, interviewer asked him could this be his best ever Chelsea side which he replied by saying they have to win something first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Probably the best Liverpool have played all season, unlucky not to get a penalty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

For all that Countinho let Azpilicueta get by him for Costa's goal, he shouldn't have even been in that position.

As usual the defense was off behind the bike shed sniffing glue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    Good Lord. If a Liverpool fan put that up in a Man U match thread, you'd be the first one in on your white horse

If my aunty had balls...
    Give it a rest kiddo. The reason I asked is because there was no Asian players on the pitch, I was genuinely baffled at what the purpose of it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Are people really gonna get their knickers in a twist that a playmaker got done defensively?!? Where the F*ck was Glen Johnson!!

Being beaten by a far better team tbh.

imo Coutinho should have done what all players who are determined to win do and that's foul the player... should have kicked him into touch... tbh... poor from Coutinho...any of Mourinho's players would have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea at 11\8 was hard to turn down. Would not be surprised at draw though.

Happy days. Few quid for few pints.

Bad result for Liverpool considering worse teams took points off Chelsea ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Wish I could agree with this but it felt like Chelsea never really got out of or needed to get out of second gear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Robbed. :mad:

Advertisement