Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea, 12:45 K/O, BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mikeym wrote: »
    Hope Mourinho slips up.

Theres a joke in there somewhere...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm not sure why so many Chelsea fans on here rate Ramires out wide. I think he's a disaster there.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm not sure why so many Chelsea fans on here rate Ramires out wide. I think he's a disaster there.

I'd agree with ya hes not great, very limited, but his finest moment for us came playing RB at Camp Nou. :pac:

If I was to guess, it would be Ramires wide right but only on paper, he'd actually make a 3rd CM tasked with pushing on when he has the chance, behind him he has a very good FB in Ivanvoic so tracking back, while part of the job wouldnt be so risky ifd he was caught upfield by a Liverpool counter.

Failing that, it'll be Willian and Ramires will benched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

If going on what happened in midweek, Rodgers should start the game with Henderson alongside Can and Lucas given their two performances against Real Madrid. Toure should start as well, as should that Spanish RB, but I think he'll opt for the woeful duo of Lovern and Skrtel with Johnson at RB. Rodgers will probably revert to the same team that played against Newcastle with one change maybe from that day though, that being Toure or Can starting.

As for Chelsea, it'll be the usual Chelsea performance in the big away games. Sit back, waste time and frustrate the home team and fans. A goal from a set piece, fancy Ivanovic to score and maybe get one on the counter towards the end of the game.

Chelsea to win 1-0 in a scrappy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ram can throw in a lovely cross stand out would be the first goal at home to Napoli when Drog scored absolute peach. Crossed for Drogs goal at home to Barca too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lord knows how this will go, i'm hoping Liverpool put in a great performance.

We badly need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Kirby wrote: »

I'd agree for most games but he offers more defensively, could be useful for a counterattacking game against Madrid/Barca...

I'd much rather see Willian/Oscar/Haz as the creative players tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What way do Liverpool fans expect Rodgers to set up? Will he stick with a similar lineup to Tuesday night with maybe Sterling and Gerrard brought back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Going to miss this as I've an exam but I really can't see anything other than a relatively comfortable Chelsea win.

Sick I am missing this too. In Milan but nothing football related :(

Will be surprised if Chelsea don't with this with relative ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

TG4??? Do you mean Setanta? They're showing Utd on Saturday. There's never been and never will be live PL football on TG4.

No, I meant TG4.
    What way do Liverpool fans expect Rodgers to set up? Will he stick with a similar lineup to Tuesday night with maybe Sterling and Gerrard brought back in?

There's plenty of goals in this Liverpool side it's a pity Rodgers will go one up front.
    Johnson back in for Manquilo.
    Toure hopefully keeps his place.
    Would like to see Can start.
    I'd leave Sterling on the bench, not playing that well and could do with refreshing his mental batteries.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No, I meant TG4.

There's plenty of goals in this Liverpool side it's a pity Rodgers will go one up front.
    Johnson back in for Manquilo.
    Toure hopefully keeps his place.
    Would like to see Can start.
    I'd leave Sterling on the bench, not playing that well and could do with refreshing his mental batteries.

I'd be shocked if Sterling doesn't start, the single biggest threat Liverpool have in Sturridge's absence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I have a feeling it will be a dour enough affair . 0-0 at ht. Things will improve somewhat when we get a chance or two only to get caught out from a corner kick. We'll go 2-0 down before one of our subs score with 5 mins left to give us some hope, but to no avail.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sterling, Henderson and Gerrard are going to start according to the 'leaked' lineup with Johnson, Balotelli and Lovren left out again. We'll find out in over 12 hours I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think Chelsea could take Liverpool apart - they are stronger in every single position on the field IMO .. 3-0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I'll go with a 1 or 2 nil to Chelsea , can't see us scoring at all. Hope i am wrong and we get the 3 points . Big question is what team with BR put out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Only one winner here & unfortunately it won't be Liverpool :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd be happy with a draw, I sincerely doubt Liverpool will win (but live in hope).

I'd be shocked if Sterling doesn't start, the single biggest threat Liverpool have in Sturridge's absence.

Ah yeah, he will more and likely start but I think a change would do him good. Just not 100% this year so far and last year he was in a similar position and he got a little break from the starting line-up and came good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dejan Lovren to finally shut up all the haters and trolls by scoring a late consolation goal.

irishfeen wrote: »
    I think Chelsea could take Liverpool apart - they are stronger in every single position on the field IMO .. 3-0 for me.

I'd go a bit further than that, could get very messy.
    delw wrote: »
    Only one winner here & unfortunately it won't be Liverpool :(

I'd said if Liverpool managed a draw, Chelsea would still probably get all 2 points. Liverpool are that limp lately.
    byte wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a draw, I sincerely doubt Liverpool will win (but live in hope).

I'd be happy with a respectable loss, like Tuesday.

With Suarez on J1 in Spain for the year, we are really struggling.

• Advertisement

Dejan Lovren to finally shut up all the haters and trolls by scoring a late consolation goal.

Yeah, because scoring a goal is going to convince everybody he's a top class defender :pac:

Yeah, because scoring a goal is going to convince everybody he's a top class defender :pac:

Worked with Skrtel :pac::pac:

irishfeen wrote: »

Hard to argue that they are stronger in every position. My only hope is that Liverpool surely have to raise their game at some point (surely!) and things often don't go as they should.

Chelsea are decent favourites for a reason, but hopefully it won't be as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea at 11\8 was hard to turn down. Would not be surprised at draw though.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'd said if Liverpool managed a draw, Chelsea would still probably get all 2 points. Liverpool are that limp lately.

1980 is quite a year for us to be living in. I hear they are talking of introducing 3 points for a win soon . It's madness in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Strikes me as the type of game where form kinda doesn't matter. Liverpool will be mad for some form of revenge for last season.

Liverpool to squeak it 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Wish I though of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

5starpool wrote: »
    Sterling, Henderson and Gerrard are going to start according to the 'leaked' lineup with Johnson, Balotelli and Lovren left out again. We'll find out in over 12 hours I guess.

Ballotelli and Lovren will start apparently.

Paddy power doing money back if it's a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Brad Pitt is going to the game today. Emre Can will be all like 'uh-huh' and Brad will be all like ..'yeah'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Brad Pitt is going to the game today. Emre Can will be all like 'uh-huh' and Brad will be all like ..'yeah'.

He's a big LFC apparently.

Brad Pitt I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are sky not showing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are sky not showing it?

Bt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ah well may go to bed. With that Liverpool team I see nothing but a comfy win for Chelsea

#lfc: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Gerrard, Can, Henderson; Coutinho, Balotelli, Sterling.

Ste- wrote: »
    Bt

For **** sake , wtf is wrong with sky . Been looking forward to this all week and now cant watch it. Thick ****ing *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Feel sorry for Touré, what more do you have to do than keep Ronaldo quiet to earn a starting place? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kolo dropped after great performance againist madrid managers make no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers is basically admitting he threw the towel in before the Madrid game with the team selection today. He cannot actually say he was giving other players a chance.

For instance, Lovern in ahead of Kolo?? I'm not exactly Kolo's biggest fan, but he was fantastic on Tuesday.

Chelsea team as i expected.

CourtOis
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic cesc
    Ramires oscar hazard
    costa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

For **** sake , wtf is wrong with sky . Been looking forward to this all week and now cant watch it. Thick ****ing *****

That's a lot of butt hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Ah well may go to bed. With that Liverpool team I see nothing but a comfy win for Chelsea

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/531049747524890624
    Its going to be a long day, isn't it:(

Brendan sticks with the usual 4-2-3-0:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

B16qO3uIIAA6Z9Z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ffffffffffffffffffffsake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I'd have Lallana in there ahead of Coutinho as well, and look to bring him on after 65 minutes or so

Johnson and Lovren going straight back in is bullshit of the highest order.

Rodgers is playing with fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

People have short memories, Toure was horrid last season. He's a liability nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

No Kolo?

The man was excellent in Madrid. F#%k sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

The fixtures were released about a month-2 months ago

AdamD wrote: »
    People have short memories, Lovren is horrid this season. He's a liability nowadays.

FYP.

That's a lot of butt hurt

Paying 70 a month 4 sky. I expect to b able to watch the game ffs . They show **** games and dont bother showing this??

• Advertisement
Advertisement