Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea, 12:45 K/O, BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think this match has been evened out somewhat by Chelsea playing away in Europe on Wednesday evening and then having an away league match on Saturday morning. That's a pretty short turn around time so I can see this ending in a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

AdamD wrote: »
    People have short memories, Toure was horrid last season. He's a liability nowadays.

As opposed to Lovren who has been excellent this season, yea? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Paying 70 a month 4 sky. I expect to b able to watch the game ffs . They show **** games and dont bother showing this??

It's not Sky's fault. You need to blame the Premier League for giving some of the tv rights to BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm boycotting this game! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I'd start Lallana. Couthinho might be more effective as the game opens up.

Wonder is it
    Gerrard
    Can Henderson

Or Gerrard Can
    Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

People have short memories, Toure was horrid last season. He's a liability nowadays.

All you are remembering are the WBA back pass and Fulham og I wager.

He was decent enough in the first half of the season in particular.

More importantly, it was the best performance by a Liverpool Central defender this season very Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

All our CBs are but at least Toure has put in a performance (against the European Champs) that was worthy of calling it a good defensive performance!

You should be picking players on form....not on price tag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

But he had one good game? He must now be the first name on the team sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Paying 70 a month 4 sky. I expect to b able to watch the game ffs . They show **** games and dont bother showing this??

Oh you expect it. Wel then, let me just get the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mr Alan wrote: »
    As opposed to Lovren who has been excellent this season, yea? :rolleyes:

I think the expectation is that Lovren will be at the heart of the defence in the long run so it's far more logical to play him in the hope (and presumption) he will improve over the aging liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's not the point though. As I said, I'm not his biggest fan at all. But he was superb against Madrid so why drop him if he was giving players a chance to prove themselves on Tuesday.

Lovern should have to work his way back into that team yet he just strolls in. Rodgers threw the towel in against Madrid before it even kicked off. We all knew it and now he's admitting it through that team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

For **** sake , wtf is wrong with sky . Been looking forward to this all week and now cant watch it. Thick ****ing *****

That's what online streaming is for. :)

I think the expectation is that Lovren will be at the heart of the defence in the long run so it's far more logical to play him in the hope (and presumption) he will improve over the aging liability.

Yeah and dropping Lovren might be the kick up the hole he needs, guy has been chronic since he came into the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So Rogers did rest players for Madrid. He really is playing with fire. What happens if they get beat today as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

greendom wrote: »
    It's not Sky's fault. You need to blame the Premier League for giving some of the tv rights to BT.

I suppose like but thats fairly annoying now . Have wait until MOTD . Disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Can anyone post the line outs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Happy with that Chelsea team, scared that there is complacency setting in though.... would be quite happy with a point.

Although if Costa is firing on all cyclinders, which he has free rein to do so after being rested with Spain, then Chelsea could get more than one goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

frimpong wrote: »
    That's what online streaming is for. :)

I know but i have no laptop just a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For **** sake , wtf is wrong with sky . Been looking forward to this all week and now cant watch it. Thick ****ing *****

Them the bad breaks I pay for BT instead of Sky and love they have these matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

@rottie
    If you don't want to pay for both, I would ditch the Sky Sports package and sign up to the BT/Setanta one, much better value.
    Sky only really have some of the bigger games and you can always hit the pub for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea team as i expected.

CourtOis
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic cesc
    Ramires oscar hazard
    costa

As much as I rate Ramires, this team basically guarantees a draw. Disappointing as should have been 3 points considering the quality of both teams.

1-1 or 2-1 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Right folks we know the co commentator is going to be terrible and the corners crap so please not every second post giving out about commentators

jonny666 wrote: »
    So Rogers did rest players for Madrid. He really is playing with fire. What happens if they get beat today as well?

He's playing the best team in the League.

Not a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right folks we know the co commentator is going to be terrible and the corners crap so please not every second post giving out about commentators

Boo hiss. That's half the fun of a BT Sport game.

"And he leaped like a Salmon"

Michael Owen, 2013

• Advertisement

@rottie
    If you don't want to pay for both, I would ditch the Sky Sports package and sign up to the BT/Setanta one, much better value.
    Sky only really have some of the bigger games and you can always hit the pub for them.

I'd very much say it's the other way around. I think sky showed liverpools first 5 or 6 games of the season and will have many more of the Liverpool games than BT. They also show much more games in general. Paying for BT/Setanta for two matches a week is not much value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

djPSB wrote: »
    He's playing the best team in the League.

Not a big deal.

Not normally a big deal. No shame in losing to chelsea but he rested players against madrid hoping to get a result here.

Bull**** starting lovren Costa wouldn't bully toure as Easy as he will lovren

I'd very much say it's the other way around. I think sky showed liverpools first 5 or 6 games of the season and will have many more of the Liverpool games than BT. They also show much more games in general. Paying for BT/Setanta for two matches a week is not much value.

Over the season I think it would work out better. BT and Setanta aim for the matches that are going to pull in the viewers, United, Liverpool and Arsenal feature a lot. Sky try and keep everybody happy.

It's lot more than 2 matches when you take into account The French, German, Italian ,USA, Australian and a few other leagues & EL games.

I haven't paid more than €9.99 a month for it in the last 10 months.

• Advertisement

Over the season I think it would work out better. BT and Setanta aim for the matches that are going to pull in the viewers, United, Liverpool and Arsenal feature a lot. Sky try and keep everybody happy.

Think Sky will have a lot of the bigger games in the 2nd half of the season, especially the run in. It was like that last year!

Pros and cons for both really

djPSB wrote: »
    But he had one good game? He must now be the first name on the team sheet.

Rodgers could have almost justified his decision on Tuesday by sticking with Toure if Toure was superb again and went on to have a fantastic season and shoring up our defence. But no, drops him straight away and Toure is on the bench.

Listen, Toure could well have played crap today and Lovern might score the bloody winner or something, but Toure now has no momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As much as I rate Ramires, this team basically guarantees a draw. Disappointing as should have been 3 points considering the quality of both teams.

1-1 or 2-1 Liverpool

On paper its 4-2-3-1 i expect us to go 4-3-3 anyway. Im sure if it goes to pot our bench will do a good job in replacing ramires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bull**** starting lovren Costa wouldn't bully toure as Easy as he will lovren

Forgetting Skrtel bullied him in recent game V Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

International standard doesn't transfer to club for Liverpool cbs.
    Case in point see Sahko. Probably helped by whomever their partner is in international games

I forgot about that! This could very well be interesting. They were literally more interested in each other than the game itself in that match.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    International standard doesn't transfer to club for Liverpool cbs.
    Case in point see Sahko. Probably helped by whomever their partner is in international games

They also have defensive coaches at International level something they don't have at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shall be watching on the app so will be a min or 2 behind the thread

Poppy overload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Poppycock.

But his big brother was in the stand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I wonder does LFC hand out those flags like they do at Chelsea?

And the Stevie G sing off begins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Owen is irritating me already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Emre Can has an engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Can doing well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I love you Emre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

HAHA YES!