Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac Tour Announcement

Options
  • 07-11-2014 12:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Live Nation UK
    The Mac are back. Fleetwood Mac come back to the UK in 2015 with a returning Christine McVie after a 16 year absence. Full announcement coming Monday at 9am

10636082_10152735737468700_5495480721590934006_n.jpg?oh=2eb47bf808f9685ec6e93129d6ece534&oe=54D65DD9&__gda__=1428112994_9fb09565ff05cd1408b47c89263f6ef4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Last few gigs were great but with Christine back on board they should be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

buzzing :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will they just do another 2 or 3 3Arena shows or and outdoor show. IF they are gonna do an outdoor show wonder would they do Aviva since a lot of their fanbase would like to sit down instead of standing in a field all day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

20th June I just saw. Plenty of room for an additional 2/3 nights too! 3 Arena

Taken from their website:

MAY 2015

Weds 27 - The O2, London
    Thu 28 - The O2, London

JUNE 2015

Mon 01 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
    Thu 04 - Lanxess Arena, Cologne
    Sat 06 - Sportspaleis, Antwerp
    Mon 08 - Genting Arena, Birmingham
    Fri 12 - Manchester Arena, Manchester
    Tue 16 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    Sat 20 - 3Arena, Dublin
    Tue 30 - First Direct Arena, Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i know Mick said that they wouldn't play Glastonbury, but that's a pretty big hole around Glastonbury weekend!

i'd expect another Dublin show to go onsale as the first will definitely sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

When are these on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

You can already sense major accommodation problems for those coming from outside Dublin given that its the same night as The Script at Croke Park.

Tickets should be onsale Friday. Expect them to be in the €70+ category.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Saw them last year, will defo being seeing them again next year!

http://nialler9.com/fleetwood-mac-return-to-ireland-with-christine-mcvie/
    Tickets are €55 plus fee on sale this Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Same weekend as Body & Soul I'd say, disappointing, would loved to have gone to both.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see the €55 being the very back seats . Have missed them the last 2 times they have been here and no way im missing them this time

• Registered Users Posts: 11 unacb

They are fantastic with Christine back - saw them this year in NYC.
    Anyone know about the seating plan for the 3 arena concert - looking at buying tix for my parents, who will want to sit down so sort of baulking at going for "best available tix" on ticketmaster.
    There seems to be a few options for the seating plan but based on previous FM concerts can anyone advise me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Can see the €55 being the very back seats . Have missed them the last 2 times they have been here and no way im missing them this time

I missed them last time, will pay a ridiculous amount to see them next year, I don't care how much it costs.I can't see them doing a tour after this, seeing as they're all late 60s/early 70s.
    Really want to see Christine again-she is great live.

This maximum of 8tickets per purchase lark is stupid.It should be max of 4.
    All I want is 1!!

the cheapest tickets are usually the standing ones, are they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

What's peoples expectations of this selling out fast. If they won't sell out till next week that'll be easier for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

What's peoples expectations of this selling out fast. If they won't sell out till next week that'll be easier for me

Last time, both gigs sold out immediately.
    Cannot see it being any different this time, worse if anything as starting prices are cheaper, plus CMcV in line up, plus only one gig so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, this will sell out pretty quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

the cheapest tickets are usually the standing ones, are they not?

Last time the standing tickets where in the €80 price range.

There seems to be a new trend of standing tickets being more expensive that the upper seating in the 3 arena. I'm not a fan of it. Probably just a way to guarantee the crappy seats definitely sell well.

This show I reckon will sell out FAST. MCD say on twitter this is for 'one night only'. Not sure I actually believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there a pre sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nothing sent around about it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

There's a pre-sale for O2 customers from Wednesday! So excited. :D

The price range is €55 - €129.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There's a pre-sale for O2 customers from Wednesday! So excited. :D

The price range is €55 - €129.50.

O2? Not 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I saw them September last year in the O2/3arena and again with Christine in Madison Square Garden in NYC last month. The setlist isn't hugely different, (and all the intros are word for word the same) bar a few of Christines lead vocal songs, a good few from Tango in the Night and finale of Songbird. But it's still a great show. I just don't know whether I'd spend the money on the good seats (and I wouldn't be bothered with the crap seats) to essentially see the same show for the third time.

But as somebody else said it could well be the last time...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

O2? Not 3?

Must be both!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess the 55 euro are the standing price and the dearest price is the seating tickets.

Was thinking of going but not spending 129.50 on a seated ticket

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I guess the 55 euro are the standing price and the dearest price is the seating tickets.

Was thinking of going but not spending 129.50 on a seated ticket

If the standing are 55 ill jump at that but i wouldn't be surprised if there more like 70 or 80 and very back seats are 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd take the back seats you would get a good view from almost anywhere in the 3arena

I'm 25 and I have never knew that the mac wrote so many songs that are so popular.

• Advertisement

MAC to 51020 if anyone wants pre=sale.

Advertisement