Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac Tour Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Wow.
    Just realised it's 30 years since my first ever concert.
    This, without a doubt, was the best ever.
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Wow.
    Just realised it's 30 years since my first ever concert.
    This, without a doubt, was the best ever.
    Brilliant.

It was so brilliant and they seemed to really love the crowd :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent concert......lovely to see Christine back again and finishing with Songbird!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Grid. wrote: »
    Excellent concert......lovely to see Christine back again and finishing with Songbird!:)

Very good gig but songbird sounded terrible possibly Christine's voice was a bit jaded

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very good gig but songbird sounded terrible possibly Christine's voice was a bit jaded

Yea thought the same , you could hear she was struggling at times but still great to hear it.

Agreed they really seemed to enjoy it and the setlist was great . Was the story at the end 100% true? about McVie coming to Dublin on the last tour to see them etc.

If i had the money id def go again to the other gigs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Bring back Peter Green, even in his current state of health. Lindsey Buckingham is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Yea thought the same , you could hear she was struggling at times but still great to hear it.

Agreed they really seemed to enjoy it and the setlist was great . Was the story at the end 100% true? about McVie coming to Dublin on the last tour to see them etc.

Yeh, she rehearsed 'Don't Stop' with the band in Dublin to prepare for her cameo at two London gigs in 2013. There's an interview somewhere online with Stevie discussing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Just back from the Mac.... Incredible gig, they all seemed to be loving it. Opening with The Chain :-D

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Just back from the Mac.... Incredible gig, they all seemed to be loving it. Opening with The Chain :-D

For some reason i had a feeling they were gonna open up with The Chain , Then once Mick started behind the kit i knew we were getting the Chain :) What a way to start the gig , Loved Tusk live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pity Lindsey's so shy, isn't it?

Great gig, it's been a while since I was in the Point/o2/three/whatever and I'd forgotten how pleasant it can be as a venue. Had to leave just before the encore unfortunately but everyone was in good form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yeah, that story was true alright about Christine. I was at the last gig in September 2013 I think and she was there. She played at a following gig in London at the time I think - just 1 or 2 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

cournioni wrote: »
    Lindsey Buckingham is woeful.

Well there's a sentence I never thought I'd read. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Bring back Peter Green, even in his current state of health. Lindsey Buckingham is woeful.

What's this about? Lindsey Buckingham is a genius and a legend. What is his current state of health?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Fantastic gig. All sounded great. Ye Christine was fecked by Songbird but still gave it her all. Highlights for me were Tusk I'm so afraid Gypsy landslide and Go your own way only bad song for me was gold dust woman

Green left 45 years ago, time to move on, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't get me wrong Lindsey Buckingham is a brilliant guitarist but he would not be in the same league as slash and the likes. Macs music is completely different to guns n roses, journey etc

The amount of drunk people I saw outside when the show was over. What's the point in going to a concert and getting out of your head. I'm going to acdc wednesday week and I'm dredding the amount of drunken idiots around for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Don't get me wrong Lindsey Buckingham is a brilliant guitarist but he would not be in the same league as slash.

You can't be serious surely.
    Macs music is completely different to guns n roses

Yes. Yes they would be entirely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Care to elaborate as to why you think he's "woeful"? You can have a personal opinion of somebody but woeful he is not, he's a fantastic guitarist and songwriter. He may be a bit egotistical and stubborn at times but you cannot take away from the mans natural talent. The Peter Green FM was a completely different band to the current and most successful line up that is still going today. That's not to say Peter Green wasn't an immense blues guitarist but it was a much different musical style to every thing that FM achieved with Buckingham/Nicks.

Anyway, looking forward to the July gig, I've been to see them twice in the past few years, Sep 2013 in the 02, and last October in Madison Square Garden. Have to say the sound in the 02 was far superior to MSG so glad to be heading back to it.

The amount of drunk people I saw outside when the show was over. What's the point in going to a concert and getting out of your head. I'm going to acdc wednesday week and I'm dreading the amount of drunken idiots around for that
    Glad someone else thinks like this too.

I just don't get the need to have a bucket load of booze at any gig- cracked.The amount of crushed plastic and bottles on the floor afterwards speaks for itself.
    Heading in on LUAS, some women on their way to The Script were loud and vulgar -decanting booze into their plastic bottles. LUAS heading back to car park was taken out of service as someone vomited in it.

But.
    I'll be nice and kind, Mick Fleetwood wants us all to be kind.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'd like to see slash playing the guitar solo in I'm So Afraid pickless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

This was my fifth Mac concert and absolutely the best I've seen them, no question. Can't wait for July gigs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fantastic gig, they put on an incredible show and sounded brilliant. think i'll have to start hunting for July tickets now :D

Joking obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Don't get me wrong Lindsey Buckingham is a brilliant guitarist but he would not be in the same league as slash and the likes. Macs music is completely different to guns n roses, journey etc

The amount of drunk people I saw outside when the show was over. What's the point in going to a concert and getting out of your head. I'm going to acdc wednesday week and I'm dredding the amount of drunken idiots around for that

Slash? Of all guitarists you're going to pick Slash as the benchmark?

That probably sounded really snobby, sorry.

Agree with another poster, I thought Lindsey looked very frail and ill but maybe Mac regulars could set me right. Great gig, atmosphere was cracking,sound was spot on, visuals too. First 20 mins in particular were magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

leakyboots wrote: »
    Agree with another poster, I thought Lindsey looked very frail and ill but maybe Mac regulars could set me right. Great gig, atmosphere was cracking,sound was spot on, visuals too. First 20 mins in particular were magic.

He didn't seem that way to me -- he's been skinny for a long time and he definitely wasn't any less energetic (!) than other times I've seen him.

fantastic gig, they put on an incredible show and sounded brilliant. think i'll have to start hunting for July tickets now :D

If im off work and have money i might go again

leakyboots wrote: »

Agree with another poster, I thought Lindsey looked very frail and ill but maybe Mac regulars could set me right.

I thought he was in fine fettle for a man of 65.....still plenty of life there yet!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Don't get me wrong Lindsey Buckingham is a brilliant guitarist but he would not be in the same league as slash and the likes.

I don't mean to single you out ... but that's wrong on so many levels. Slash is better than him at wearing top hats ... that's about it .... and even then , he's not as good at it as Stevie Nicks

77e3e4f82e8988f181d54d3a1c818fe8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

what time did they come on stage? heading to one of the july gigs so just wondered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

about 20:10, finished around 22:45 i think.

Advertisement