Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac Tour Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Yes it was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Great performance again from the band and with Christine back on the stage it makes it that much better.

5638231C52CF4C769597CCF663953A23-0000362898-0003771473-00640L-22FF46AF2C3F4966994642918878DCB7.jpg

3341B2FF9D8C41E097D5B68DDF8F2AD7-0000362898-0003771471-00640L-79527E6DF560446D8EA695FAA116302D.jpg

AE80BFDD73FB46A1BB0BFD14030ED66E-0000362898-0003771469-00640L-C86B4DE9D74F4175857FEB9A88148176.jpg

258710407168415FA741DC5F388DC7C7-0000362898-0003771468-00640L-9E67B877EB194672BA8882DFDAF387E7.jpg

The woeful Lindsey Buckingham :rolleyes: Personally I feel very privileged to be near that genius, great performance from him as ever, always intense.

D7E2BAC7418A483E9F3EDA89DA8CC820-0000362898-0003771467-00640L-358E3151FA8845A5A193D2909FF4D1BC.jpg

3F17B57F4F3349BC80501C40217ADBD7-0000362898-0003771466-00640L-27BAB7D5B96D4C2CA1C07172D541F02C.jpg

B1BD630B143747BE9DF352DB5416315F-0000362898-0003771465-00640L-44AB21946C4D4E9DBBCD33C1773743B6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

This gig blew me away. Have seen them before but this outshone the last gig by a mile! Just amazing.. They seemed much more up for it than the last time and to see Christine with them was amazing. Just though musically they nailed it sounded brilliant! Tusk was very special and sticks out in my mind.
    Though during songbird in front of me was an older woman (maybe mother/grandmother) with daughter/grand daughter arms around each other singing their hearts out... Brought a tear to my eye... Music that appeals across the generations!!

I drove to this gig so was totally sober which I wouldn't usually be and I really noticed the mount of hammered people with backs to the stage just taking selfies or talking the whole way through... Madness at the price of tickets to not even listen... Was like they were just on the pub with Fleetwood Mac on in the background!!
    That said loooooovvveeeed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Thought John McVie looked really ill. The gig itself was brilliant. Loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Thought John McVie looked really ill. The gig itself was brilliant. Loved every minute of it.

I wasn't at the gig, but happened to catch the Isle of White festival. He looks absolutely dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mcballer wrote: »
    This gig blew me away. Have seen them before but this outshone the last gig by a mile! Just amazing.. They seemed much more up for it than the last time and to see Christine with them was amazing. Just though musically they nailed it sounded brilliant! Tusk was very special and sticks out in my mind.
    Though during songbird in front of me was an older woman (maybe mother/grandmother) with daughter/grand daughter arms around each other singing their hearts out... Brought a tear to my eye... Music that appeals across the generations!!

I drove to this gig so was totally sober which I wouldn't usually be and I really noticed the mount of hammered people with backs to the stage just taking selfies or talking the whole way through... Madness at the price of tickets to not even listen... Was like they were just on the pub with Fleetwood Mac on in the background!!
    That said loooooovvveeeed it!!

I've been to many gigs at the 3arena and this sounded the best so far.

I bought the 75 Euro ticket and the view was amazing I could see everything on stage.

Why do a load of people think its okay to talk during the acoustic songs ??

Saw quite a few drunk people there alrite.

Good gig enjoy everyone going in July

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Has anyone bought tickets from buy and sell websites before?. ( I'm not going to mention specific names as I'm not sure if I'm allowed but they'd be the more reputable ones) I'm a teenager but I've grown up listening to many artists from the 60s and 70s including the incredible Fleetwood Mac and would love to see them live as a lot of artists from that vintage aren't touring anymore.

I missed out on the official sales and when I expressed my interest to my dad he was very wary naturally of buying them from people directly. He's a fellow fan but I doubt I'm going to be able to convince him. I've checked Ticketmaster but there's only a limited amount of tickets which seem ridiculously over priced. I'm conscious of the fact this may be their last tour as the original line up. Anyway, any advice anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Has anyone bought tickets from buy and sell websites before?. ( I'm not going to mention specific names as I'm not sure if I'm allowed but they'd be the more reputable ones) I'm a teenager but I've grown up listening to many artists from the 60s and 70s including the incredible Fleetwood Mac and would love to see them live as a lot of artists from that vintage aren't touring anymore.

I missed out on the official sales and when I expressed my interest to my dad he was very wary naturally of buying them from people directly. He's a fellow fan but I doubt I'm going to be able to convince him. I've checked Ticketmaster but there's only a limited amount of tickets which seem ridiculously over priced. I'm conscious of the fact this may be their last tour as the original line up. Anyway, any advice anyone?
    Toutless.com has been good, in my experience. Face value rather than price-gouging. One way you can protect yourself is to try to get hard-copy tickets where possible (there's always a small risk that an e-ticket seller will sell to multiple people and your ticket will already have been scanned when you arrive).

I have no patience for adverts and donedeal when it comes to something time-sensitive like tickets.

The tickets are expensive at their normal price too, though. I hope you get to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I usually buy from adverts.ie.plenty on there at reasonable prices

I'm a wheelchair user and going through the crowd a drunk young wan sat on my lap ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I have one Standing Paper ticket on Adverts and Toutless if yer looking for somebody reliable TheEdgeOfGlory! :)

Can't go due to family event unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Yes, I bought a ticket on ebay for ACDC at the 3 arena about 5 years ago. It was a printed ticket and my heart was in my mouth going in the door but it turned out fine. I myself sold my 2 fleetwood mac tickets recently (for less than face value) on done deal. The guy I sold them to took a photo of my drivers licence and collected from my house so he knew where I lived! Again these were ticket fast tickets and I understood his concern.
    I would suggest asking for some proper ID and taking a photo of it. Gives you that bit more peace of mind, and if the person gets antsy about that then that's something to be suspicious about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 macky_89

heading to their gig tomorrow, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for somewhere to go for drinks after the gig? i'm travelling from NI so all i really know is Temple Bar area but would like to avoid it, is whelans or the academy any good on a friday? that's about the only other places i've heard of, but have never been to either. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

macky_89 wrote: »
    heading to their gig tomorrow, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for somewhere to go for drinks after the gig? i'm travelling from NI so all i really know is Temple Bar area but would like to avoid it, is whelans or the academy any good on a friday? that's about the only other places i've heard of, but have never been to either. thanks

The Academy I wouldn't recommend great place to watch a gig but I'm guessing Friday night they prob have some club on, Whelans could be a shout and would be open till 3am, there may be something on and a cover charge is more than likely.

At the top of O'Connell St. (the not the quays top) near the Ambassador there is a trio of bars that all share the same big smoking area The Living Room/Murrays/Fibber Magees all boozers with different crowds maybe have a pint in each see what ya think? Murrays prob close earlier than the other 2 and Fibbers would be open till 3am they may have Rock or Metal bands on so may have a cover charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Im 20 and have somehow only discovered the fantastic music of fleetwood mac this past week and of course they're playing what Im guessing will be their final tour as a whole band. Ive been watching documentaries all week and seeing their live performances has made me desperate to get my hands on a pair of tickets for my girlfriend and I. So if anyone here somehow can't go or knows of any tickets going please PM me.

Enjoy everyone who is going Im sure it will be amazing from what Ive seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

WHOOOO got two standing tickets for €180. Only problem is its off gumtree and Im meeting the guy in town tomorrow. How can I tell if the tickets are legit etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Am heading to the gig tonight, really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if there is a support act on first?

Cheers!

No there not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Stuck a spare on Toutless for tonight's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Amazing gig. Loved every second of it.
    Have seen them a few times before but tonight was our first time seeing them with Christine. What a voice!! The whole setup is so much more complete with her there.
    Loved hearing Little Lies live. Brilliant harmonies! A real wall to wall gig of hits. Just great!
    Lindsey Buckingham is some man. An immense guitarist and I hope I have half his energy if I hit 65. Legend!
    Jealous of the people going tomorrow now!! Enjoy it folks! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Great gig, just a shame their sound teck is deaf, base was way to high.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Amazing gig! Lindsey Buckingham was on top form, would love to go back and see them again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Fantastic gig!! First time seeing them and was not disappointed!! Sound was fantastic! Thought Christine sounded amazing,loved "Little Lies " and tusk was just mental! Would love to be heading there again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

What time were they on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

They were on stage at 8:15, no support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

I went with my wife last night it was fantastic, got 2 tickets an hour for tonight going with my daughter cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Well, well, well, my first time seeing them tonight and they didn't disappoint one little bit.

Holy fcuk what a gig, the energy was awesome.

Lindsey Buckingham can make a guitar sing, Mick Fleetwood is a mad genius, possibly the best drummer I've ever seen live. And the whole band together, it was very special.

Tusk was amazing to see live as was Sisters of the Moon, all of the songs really they knocked it out of the park, but Big Love acoustic brought the house down and when they did Go Your Own Way the place was hopping.

A mesmerising gig from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

What a gig.

Hit after hit.

Then the solos from Buckingham were just out of this world. Does the guy hit a wrong note at any stage.
    First time at that venue and the sound was fantastic. I like the loud base from the sound system.

€6.50 for 500 ml of heinekien :eek:

It was their 104 th gig and last of that part of tour - I did think Stevie Nicks looked tired - but understanable, she seemed to get a second wind towards end.

Good encores - but at end when we expected another song - we got not 1 but 2 speeches - was a bit, a bit "give us a bleeding song " :D

Best gig I have been to in years.

Whilest lindsey was going on about a new phase with them all back together - you could see they are serioulsy getting on now - (most near 70) , hard to know If they will be in Dublin again ? Or in that format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Deank wrote: »
    Mick Fleetwood is a mad genius, possibly the best drummer I've ever seen live.

Bit rude of him given the elaborate "thank you's" at the end he didn't mention his Dark Drummer that sat and played along behind him.

That "solo" thing he did was excruciating. "D'ye like it slow???" Etc. Cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Wooderson wrote: »
    Bit rude of him given the elaborate "thank you's" at the end he didn't mention his Dark Drummer that sat and played along behind him.

That "solo" thing he did was excruciating. "D'ye like it slow???" Etc. Cringe.

Fantastic gig alright, Dark Drummer should have got a mention. Last time I saw them in the Point, that drummer split the drumsticks during Tusk. He got the biggest cheer of the night when Mick did the "thanks".

Advertisement