Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac Tour Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

Fantastic gig alright, Dark Drummer should have got a mention. Last time I saw them in the Point, that drummer split the drumsticks during Tusk. He got the biggest cheer of the night when Mick did the "thanks".

I was to the right of the stage and could see the dark drummer clearly. What was the point of him?I've been to many gigs over the years and have never seen it before Which drum sound were we hearing? Apparently a very famous Irish Drummer had the same support in the Point many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Dutchie wrote: »
    I was to the right of the stage and could see the dark drummer clearly. What was the point of him?I've been to many gigs over the years and have never seen it before Which drum sound were we hearing? Apparently a very famous Irish Drummer had the same support in the Point many years ago.

He was keeping perfect timing with Mick, so I thought it was for more bang for the drums, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

He was keeping perfect timing with Mick

Yep, you got it. He was keeping time. :)

I watched him for 45 minutes. Mick added certain texture but this Dark Drummer was keeping the band together.

Lets put it like this, Neil Peart doesnt have a second drummer in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Fantastic gig alright, Dark Drummer should have got a mention. Last time I saw them in the Point, that drummer split the drumsticks during Tusk. He got the biggest cheer of the night when Mick did the "thanks".
    Wooderson wrote: »
    Yep, you got it. He was keeping time. :)
    I watched him for 45 minutes. Mick added certain texture but this Dark Drummer was keeping the band together.
    Lets put it like this, Neil Peart doesnt have a second drummer in the back.

Were ye seated, maybe in Blocks F or G?

I guess ye had a better view of the extra drummer from there, with the extra bit of height, than anyone who was standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

I guess ye had a better view of the extra drummer from there, with the extra bit of height, than anyone who was standing?

I was standing front row to the right of Lindsey's mic the first night and could see him pretty clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I was at the first gig and don't remember seeing him. Bit much not to acknowledge him for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Didn't see him on his left anyway

20150711_202054_zps1c8kxmjs.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Were ye seated, maybe in Blocks F or G?

Standing. 1m51s on this vid you can see him briefly behind Stevie Nicks.

http://youtu.be/v0nyYzc23uw

Wooderson wrote: »
    Standing. 1m51s on this vid you can see him briefly behind Stevie Nicks.

http://youtu.be/v0nyYzc23uw

thanks for that link,

I guess the stack of amps in front of him hid him!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

world tour in Summer 2017, probably an album out by then too:
    http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/10-questions-christine-mcvie-fleetwood-mac
    Let’s talk about the new album.

I love every single track we’ve done, bar none. This's something to me that is really special. Stevie hasn’t come in on it yet because she’s been busy doing something else. Last year, I was in there with Mick and Lindsey and John – John’s healing very nicely now – and nearly completed seven tracks and they’re magic. Seriously, no padding! I’m going to go over again in October to work on it. Stevie’s on tour but we’ve got until next year to finish it because we’re planning a world tour again, for the summer of '17. I don’t know if I’m privy to give song titles yet, but Lindsey and I have practically co-written everything. Getting the band all together is like herding sheep: to get all five of us in a room is nigh-on impossible. And then somebody will wander out. But it does happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If its anything like their last gig here last summer i will be there with bells on

world tour in Summer 2017, probably an album out by then too:
    http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/10-questions-christine-mcvie-fleetwood-mac

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never got another world tour, but I'm dying for this new album, especially if so much material is cowritten by Christine and Lindsey. They do amazing things with each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Amazing news, would love to see them again and a new album rooted in Lindsey and Christine's writing could be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If its anything like their last gig here last summer i will be there with bells on

Same as. Last one was brilliant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

saw them 13 years ago and they were pushing it age wise

shouldn't they be in an old folks home at this stage???

philstar wrote: »

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

philstar wrote: »

Did you see them last year they were fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nowlan park headline slot in 2017 ???

They always sell out the 3arena when they play here so I wonder would the promoters gamble at a stadium show ??.

3 Dublin shows and a Belfast show I think

Saw them last year went in a fair weather fan left a big fans. Would love if they played Rumours in its entirety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nowlan park headline slot in 2017 ???

They always sell out the 3arena when they play here so I wonder would the promoters gamble at a stadium show ??.

3 Dublin shows and a Belfast show I think

Saw them last year went in a fair weather fan left a big fans. Would love if they played Rumours in its entirety

That would be a great place to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bowlardo wrote: »
    That would be a great place to have them

in 2013 when word got out that there would be a 2 day festival in Kilkenny that year (turned out to be Bruce Springsteen & the ESB and a few other artists) there were strong rumours fleetwood mac would play there

A saturday evening gig in June/July in Kilkenny would be brillent, people would make weekends out of it etc

When you look at the acts that played Nowlan Park down through the years (Dylan, Parton, Rod Stewert, James Taylor, Bruce etc), Mac would fit in perfectly and would have a similar target audience

:(:(:( if only i was a head in Aiken or MCD (Id even make some boards users talent scouts and event planners lol)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    in 2013 when word got out that there would be a 2 day festival in Kilkenny that year (turned out to be Bruce Springsteen & the ESB and a few other artists) there were strong rumours fleetwood mac would play there

A saturday evening gig in June/July in Kilkenny would be brillent, people would make weekends out of it etc

When you look at the acts that played Nowlan Park down through the years (Dylan, Parton, Rod Stewert, James Taylor, Bruce etc), Mac would fit in perfectly and would have a similar target audience

:(:(:( if only i was a head in Aiken or MCD (Id even make some boards users talent scouts and event planners lol)

I think whether or not they play a venue like the Nowlan Park would depend on who is promoting them, if they play Ireland.

The Fleetwood Mac gigs in Dublin in recent years, at least since 2003, have been promoted by MCD.

I think MCD use The Aviva Stadium and Croke Park for its outdoor gigs.

Interestingly, Aiken Promotions also use Croke Park but I don't think Aiken has hosted any concerts in the Aviva Stadium.

The concerts you mention that have taken place at Nowlan Park, were Aiken Promotions concerts.

I'm guessing it is possible that there are some outdoor venues that only one promoter uses, perhaps in the case of the MCD gigs in the Aviva and the Aiken Promotions gigs in Nowlan Park.

Maybe someone can confirm this?

Wonder is Thomond Park an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

leakyboots wrote: »
    Wonder is Thomond Park an option?

Lets hope not

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

But they are not touring next year didn't they play Ireland already twice this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

But they are not touring next year didn't they play Ireland already twice this year.

Last summer (2015)

Why not?

Don't think it would be an option anyhow. Nobody of note has played there since 2013. And who has even played there before pink, bob dylan, springsteen, can't think of anyone else. And its in Limerick. Fair more attractive venue choices for promoters elsewhere.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Don't think it would be an option anyhow. Nobody of note has played there since 2013. And who has even played there before pink, bob dylan, springsteen, can't think of anyone else. And its in Limerick. Fair more attractive venue choices for promoters elsewhere.

Don't think it matters who last played or when, just whether it's suitable or not... it can certainly handle the crowd given its day job.

Anyway, the other names 'of note' you're missing (apart from Springsteen, Pink, Bob Dylan) that have performed there are Elton John, JLS, Rod Stewart and the Cranberries at the opening of the Special Olympics.
    The Springsteen gig in particular was a massive hit, diehard fans who follow him around were raving about it.

My understanding is Thomond has a licence to hold gigs, it just has to be very selective about who is booked in order to make it worthwhile. Fleetwood Mac would fit the bill nicely.

Not sure what your issue with Limerick is, I'm not from here but I live here, great town.

Don't think it matters who last played or when, just whether it's suitable or not... it can certainly handle the crowd given its day job.

Anyway, the other names 'of note' you're missing (apart from Springsteen, Pink, Bob Dylan) that have performed there are Elton John, JLS, Rod Stewart and the Cranberries at the opening of the Special Olympics.
    The Springsteen gig in particular was a massive hit, diehard fans who follow him around were raving about it.

My understanding is Thomond has a licence to hold gigs, it just has to be very selective about who is booked in order to make it worthwhile. Fleetwood Mac would fit the bill nicely.

Not sure what your issue with Limerick is, I'm not from here but I live here, great town.

I have no issue with Limerick, I think its a good city but I seriously don't think Thomond park will host a Fleetwood Mac gig anytime soon. I believe your judgement is clouded by the fact you live there and would love an easily accessible gig by a class act. Maybe we can just beg to differ. And how could I forget about JLS.

• Advertisement

Sam Hain wrote: »
    I have no issue with Limerick, I think its a good city but I seriously don't think Thomond park will host a Fleetwood Mac gig anytime soon. I believe your judgement is clouded by the fact you live there and would love an easily accessible gig by a class act. Maybe we can just beg to differ. And how could I forget about JLS.

Just addressing the holes in your post pal 😉 But yeah, I don't think Fleetwood Mac will play any time soon either, promoters tend to stick with what they know. I just don't see why it hypothetically couldn't be an option

Advertisement