Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage Laws in US?

Options
  • 07-11-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I was wondering does anyone know if it is legal to post wine from the US to Ireland? I am hoping to buy 2 standard bottles and have them sent from Florida; but the more I try to organise it the more laws I seem to be trying to break! Total value will be $50, 1.5l of 14.5% alcohol! Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering does anyone know if it is legal to post wine from the US to Ireland? I am hoping to buy 2 standard bottles and have them sent from Florida; but the more I try to organise it the more laws I seem to be trying to break! Total value will be $50, 1.5l of 14.5% alcohol! Thanks:)

I don't know about the law for international shipments but domestically it isn't a problem. But you'll be liable for a lot of tax once it arrives in Ireland so it mightn't be worth it when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Sorry you can't, at least regular mail:
    "Examples of items that cannot be mailed internationally…
    Alcoholic Beverages
    Ammunition
    Cigarettes"
    (from: https://www.usps.com/send/can-you-mail-it-intl.htm)

Maybe try UPS or Fedex?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Thanks all- UPS were going to charge a small fortune. Last minute solution was found, with an expat relative advising they were coming home for Christmas (lucky!). Seems like this is a one time thing!

Advertisement