Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Stoke City

Options
  • 07-11-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Right, Here goes....

I reckon we will beat these by 2-1.
    Cant see us keeping a clean sheet at all nowadays.

My preferred 11 would be..........

Hugo

Naughton - Fazio - Kaboul - Rose

Vertonghen- Mason

Lamela - Soldado - Townsend.

Kane.

Need Fazio to smack a few of these thugs.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Vertonghen in midfield? :confused:

Stick Dembele in there, and go two up front i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Fazio available again. Might stick a few quid on him getting a sent off. He's a shoe in for at least a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keep fazio away from the team , he was shockingly bad last night.

thought townsend did well, maybe give him a go on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Townsend deserves a start, think he only shot wildly once last night. Charlie Adam usually leaves a mark. I expect a feisty affair.

We've the slowest cb's in premiership history, any ball over the top and panic sets in. Crouch/Walters up front, not blessed with pace, but they'll niggle away for the 90 minutes. Moses is fairly pacey, he'll have a field day.

Hugo heroics, might salvage a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Jan has played defensive midfield before... so i believe..
    Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho, Stambouli are our holding options so to speak..
    The 3 attacking midfileders and striker options are ..
    Lamela, Townsend,Eriksen,Lennon, Chadli, ooooh Chadli :eek:,Kane,Soldado,Ade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

What are the chances of Kane starting tomorrow? Wanna sign him for FF but he seems to never start league games?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What are the chances of Kane starting tomorrow? Wanna sign him for FF but he seems to never start league games?

No chance, we're playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No chance, we're playing on Sunday.

:D:D:D

Adebayor didn't travel to Greece and was rested so based on previous behaviour where Poch did the same thing in other away games in the EPL -Ade is nailed in to start.

Sugarlumps wrote:
    We've the slowest cb's in premiership history, any ball over the top and panic sets

So why in God's name did we buy this player. Poch plays a high line. baldini oversees the scouts and player purchase ... what was the ****ing point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Adebayor didn't travel to Greece and was rested so based on previous behaviour where Poch did the same thing in other away games in the EPL -Ade is nailed in to start.
    Adebeyor is doubtful for the game according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Kane will start for sure question will be whether it's as striker or no 10 behind Soldado

Papers have it that the players don't want adebayour to start anymore

There apparently was a revolt when adebayour brought some newcastle players into the spurs dressing room just minutes after the game ended

If he did that then the guy is more brain dead than I thought and has zero interest in spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

mickman wrote: »

There apparently was a revolt when adebayour brought some newcastle players into the spurs dressing room just minutes after the game ended

If he did that then the guy is more brain dead than I thought and has zero interest in spurs

Paper talk

mickman wrote: »

True or not, he has always had zero interest in our club

Kane starts!

#THFC team: Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul (c), Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Eriksen playing off Kane?

Glad Townsend got the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Glad Townsend got the start.

Yeah, he deserved it, played like a proper winger which gives us the width we need.
    Not sure on Kane as lone striker, would prefer see him play behind Soldado

• Advertisement

Fazio started under assumption crouch would play and he's not... Fazio could struggle

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Yeah, he deserved it, played like a proper winger which gives us the width we need.
    Not sure on Kane as lone striker, would prefer see him play behind Soldado

He came out recently and said he wasn't playing well enough to start in the league. He has the beating of a player and can cross the ball, just needs to keep it simple.

Eriksen has been very poor of late, needs to support Kane.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Same as some others I'd have liked to have seen kane behind soldado

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

From paddy power:

"Spurs have dropped Adebayor following a late fitness test showed he's a lazy bastard"

I got a laugh out of it

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Fazio started under assumption crouch would play and he's not... Fazio could struggle

Moses and Diouf both pacey, even if moses hasnt been playing great so far this season.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some shyte start.

Bojan runs from inside his own half uncontested to score

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

No creativity, no ideas, no pace, no passion, no fight, no will to win.

Playing hoofball again already because no one wants the ball. Meat and drink to Stoke.

I'm finding it hard to watch them these days. Past blaming manager after manager, most of these players are gutless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Nevermind guts. This bunch of players are simply not good enough.

Advertisement