Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Stoke City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Firstly...congrats to Stoke. Played us off the park. I thought we might of scraped a draw beforehand, Stoke are an organised team as are Hull/Everton, who we face next before Chelsea.

You can píss and moan about the manager, but looking at those players, there's not many keepers. It's no wonder that we capitulate repeatedly against a potent strike force.

Defense just bleeds goals, the lot needs shot of. I'd kill for a Shawcross type character, performs on a consistent basis. Were a sinking luxury liner. We've not played as a team for quite some time, influx of flash harry's living the London lifestyle.

Thank fúck there's an international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

How Fazio got into the team ahead of Verts is beyone me :(

The players just don't seem know how to play the way Pooch wants them to play.

Maybe the manager needs to change the system as it's not working with the players we have.

4-4-2

We need two up front,
    we always did better with two up front, Greaves and Gilzean, Archibald and Crooks, Berbatov and Keane and Peter's and Lee :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Easy Tiger, never said we should sack him, just stating the obvious, do you think Levy will give him time? Will the fans give him time?

He deserves time. Will he get it, god only knows, I for one hope he does.

So many poisonous people/players at our club..it's sickening

It's about time a manager got the chance to finally make some decisions and fcuk out who he wants and not who the club want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

absolute shambles

manager looking out of his depth sadly, hope he turns it around but his hands are tied
    and he has to work with the players he's been given.

the squad is lacking massively in quality and motivation

What's the point of Kyle Naughton?

I really pity anyone who traveled to that heap of ****e today

At the end of the day all roads lead to Levy's office - this is his design, nobody's else's

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I think most fans would agree that sacking Poch is not the answer but his signings have been absolutely shocking and a borderline disgrace. Fazio for instance, possibly the worst centre half ever, makes Dawson look like Maldini !
    And as for Davies, I know he hasn't played much but any player that cannot push our worst player from last year, Danny Rose out of the side isn't up to much!

Add to that Kaboul and Naughton who are unbelievably bad it all adds up to a massive mess that only a huge squad overhaul in January can fix. Yes, that will have its problems too but carrying on with this level of player means playing Championship football next year.

• Advertisement

absolute shambles

manager looking out of his depth sadly, hope he turns it around but his hands are tied
    and he has to work with the players he's been given.

the squad is lacking massively in quality and motivation

What's the point of Kyle Norton ?

I really pity anyone who traveled to that heap of ****e today

At the end of the day all roads lead to Levy's office - this is his design, nobody's else's

I don't think he's out of his depth, but the way the cnuts are playing for him it makes it look that way. They are a disgrace, how many would you keep, 4/5 maybe??

But your right, until this manager or any manager gets the chance to call the shots, it may never change.

awkwardboy wrote: »

Add to that Kaboul and Naughton who are unbelievably bad it all adds up to a massive mess that only a huge squad overhaul in January can fix. Yes, that will have its problems too but carrying on with this level of player means playing Championship football next year.

We won't be relegated pal, but your right it needs an overhaul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Eriksen Pamela & Dembwle ahoyls all have played together in my opinion. Capoue is neither here nor there and apart from the goal xhadlu did fook all.

If levy sacks poch then we really are done for.

Eriksen Pamela & Dembwle ahoyls all have played together in my opinion. Capoue is neither here nor there and apart from the goal xhadlu did fook all.

If levy sacks poch then we really are done for.

Haha. God dam auto correct on the phone :-)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I don't think he's out of his depth, but the way the cnuts are playing for him it makes it look that way. They are a disgrace, how many would you keep, 4/5 maybe??

But your right, until this manager or any manager gets the chance to call the shots, it may never change.

so much needs to be done mate

don't be surprised if Tony Pulis is in the hot seat soon

it's not right but I can see it happening - Levy is such a knee-jerk prick

at least we have a couple of weeks off until the next game !

• Advertisement

so much needs to be done mate

don't be surprised if Tony Pulis is in the hot seat soon

it's not right but I can see it happening - Levy is such a knee-jerk prick

at least we have a couple of weeks off until the next game !

fcuking heart breaking....

oh yeah, devo fcuk off ye useless cnut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I didn't even look for the result until now,does not look good by sounds of this thread

I know we say let pooch build his own team and yes we need to give him time but is anyone else worried about the players he bought

Fazio, Davies, stambolli, gives rose a 5 year contract, I mean it's kinda scary

Southampton got ripped apart, new manager in Koeman and they are flying

There is something rotten to the core at THFC

They play as individuals, and not like a team. Hence why no one gives a bóllocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I don't think poch is the right man for the job. To sack another manager is crazy but I don't think he should ever have gotten the job

Did he sign fazio or was it baldini ? Who knows

Non uk managers never seen to understand the necessity to have two ' hard ' men in each team . One at centre half and the other in centre mid- the rest can be hard working flair players but those two have to be tough nuts

Look at Chelsea - matic and terry are the spine of that team. Jose has the cop on to see the necessity of those players but the fancy dan managers don't ( wenger , poch) etc

We are woeful this season. We will be lucky to finish in top half of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Just back from supporting my local gaa club in their provincial series play their hearts out and win a great exciting affair.I come back to read these depressing posts.I honestly think Levy has lost his way again with this sporting director boolocks.give the manager time but time is no good without financial backing.let this man buy his own players and judge him then.he has inherited a squad that doesn't have a first team but two second teams

I didn't even look for the result until now,does not look good by sounds of this thread

I know we say let pooch build his own team and yes we need to give him time but is anyone else worried about the players he bought

Fazio, Davies, stambolli, gives rose a 5 year contract, I mean it's kinda scary

Southampton got ripped apart, new manager in Koeman and they are flying

There is something rotten to the core at THFC

there sure is

mickman wrote: »
    I don't think poch is the right man for the job.

Non uk managers

He's been in the job five minutes, no one has a clue what happens regarding signings. It was evident he wanted Schneiderlin and Masacchio (No idea about the lad). Southampton told us to repeatedly to fúck off.

He bought a keeper and Davies, the latter may come good? Here, you can have these two other geezers though.

I don't buy into the non UK theme, so the only successful managers are English. English clubs are out of there depth in the Champions League.

Chelsea have the funds, and have made several rotten buys throughout the years, like every club, they have the finance to make a loss and buy again and again.

I like Pochettino, he'll come good. Levy the weasel, needs to back him up and pay the fúck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

as was once said of our great football club… 'there used to be a football club there'
    30 odd years later and never a truer word could now be uttered. Levy, ENIC etc… are raping the club dry of anything resembling 'glory glory' for the sake of a potential few bob. Any talk of Pulis being entertained as the first team coach of a club we have all grown up loving will be a spit on the grave of the great Bill Nicholson's ideals of beautiful football.
    Players can be sold, fined etc… but Levy etc should be hounded out as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's been in the job five minutes, no one has a clue what happens regarding signings. It was evident he wanted Schneiderlin and Masacchio (No idea about the lad). Southampton told us to repeatedly to fúck off.

He bought a keeper and Davies, the latter may come good? Here, you can have these two other geezers though.

I don't buy into the non UK theme, so the only successful managers are English. English clubs are out of there depth in the Champions League.

Chelsea have the funds, and have made several rotten buys throughout the years, like every club, they have the finance to make a loss and buy again and again.

I like Pochettino, he'll come good. Levy the weasel, needs to back him up and pay the fúck up.

I imagine he would have had some say in fazio and Stromboli

mickman wrote: »
    I imagine he would have had some say in fazio and Stromboli

We'll never no Mick, waiting for an autobiography from a past manager to give us some insight. In fairness to Fazio, he won the Europa Cup, surely he couldnt have been lucky in every game, and no, I'd never heard of him either, still, he can't have played all that badly.

At the moment he looks as bad as it gets, but our experienced captain ain't looking invincible either.

It can only get better, I'm staying positive. For once I'm not gonna berate the manager. We've had players that have performed terrible at Tottenham, been released, and gone on to excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It can only get better, I'm staying positive. For once I'm not gonna berate the manager. We've had players that have performed terrible at Tottenham, been released, and gone on to excel.[/quote]

Sigurdson for example!
    This dof setup is not working
    Poch needs time
    Poch needs to be allowed buy his own players
    Existing spurs players need to be suspended by the club for not fulfilling their terms and conditions of their contract. I'm serious about that last point.

4 defeats out of 6 at home

That's relegation form

tom1ie wrote: »
    It can only get better, I'm staying positive. For once I'm not gonna berate the manager. We've had players that have performed terrible at Tottenham, been released, and gone on to excel.

Sigurdson for example!
    This dof setup is not working
    Poch needs time
    Poch needs to be allowed buy his own players
    Existing spurs players need to be suspended by the club for not fulfilling their terms and conditions of their contract. I'm serious about that last point.[/QUOTE]

A prime example is Ade today with the change of foot wear, and we bought the fecker. Do you think he'll have a sleepless night. Sleep tight prince Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

It is clear that the players have not bought-in to the system that Poch wants the team to play and that the Southampton players gladly did. The question now needs to be asked, will they ever? I'm inclined to think no which is very worrying because Poch seems to be a very stubborn and devoid of a Plan B. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Espanyol after all, but sacking him would be a very bad idea and would put us in an even worse position imo. I think what needs to be done is some fairly drastic cuts to the squad in January and bring in some real quality, players who can actually make a real difference. Can anyone honestly say our summer transfers improved the squad in any way? In fact we have got significantly worse, don't start me on the Sigurdsson situation ...

And then you see Tom Carroll playing a blinder at Swansea today getting one over on the gooners. Would he want to come back at all and watch his career disappear down a dark hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

It's the Sunday curse yet again we just can't get up for the home matches on a Sunday. We are in a false position in the league- about 6 places too high.

Dawson, sigurdson..c'mon lads, we were more than happy to see them sold.. let's move on, they had there chance at the club, dawson was a good servant, sig appeared in brief flashes and that was it...

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Dawson, sigurdson..c'mon lads, we were more than happy to see them sold.. let's move on, they had there chance at the club, dawson was a good servant, sig appeared in brief flashes and that was it...

Hatch - we are going backwards fast

Advertisement