Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Stoke City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Christ..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Dawson for all of his lack of ability and pace at least had fighting spirit and had a go. You always got 100% from him. The same can not be said of a single member of that current group.
    I'm not saying he shouldn't have been sold but his replacement Fazio is a joke of a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Anti-levy banner ripped down after 10secs today, followed by the music being blared out of the ground on the final whistle to drown out the boos ... Levy and his Gestapo out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

music being blared out of the ground on the final whistle to drown out the boos ... Levy and his Gestapo out.

heard that too.

Levy out.

Klinsmann was at the game too.

Levy wouldn't, would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Everything that happens is as a result of ENIC's decisions

The cash keeps rolling in while the football falls apart again

They really are a bunch of parasitic w@nkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Seen this on twitter

13 years
    8 managers
    3 caretaker managers
    4 dof
    3 finals
    1 cup
    6 years to start new stadium
    1attempt to move to Stratford (don't agree)
    1 champions league season
    7th average league finish
    44 different shirts( 3 a season)
    77.5% increase in cheapest season ticket
    59% increase in match day ticket

1 Daniel levy

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Seen on twitter

13years
    8 managers
    3 caretaker managers
    4 directors of football
    3 finals
    1 cup
    6 years no new stadium
    1 attempt to move to Stratford
    1 champ league season
    7th average league finish
    44 different shirts(3 a season)
    €8.6 m net spend per season on players
    77.5% increase in cheapest season ticket
    59%increase in cheapest match day price

1 Daniel levy

There used to be a football club there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anti-levy banner ripped down after 10secs today, followed by the music being blared out of the ground on the final whistle to drown out the boos ... Levy and his Gestapo out.

I've always felt that the club was moving forward immensely under ENIC from when they took over until AVB came in. Felt that things were only ever going to get better. I think most people did in 2012.

The past two years has probably undone the previous 10. I think Levy has an awful lot of work to win back fans who despise him so much they post the identical post 4 times in a row in the space of minutes.

The go and try to surpress the boos etc. is a pretty despicable thing to do. Its only going to enrage the fans further. I won't be surprised to see a protest soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Don't sweat it lads.

Some of our fellow supporters are happy as long as we are not that mid table team of 15 years ago who occasionally flirted with relegation ... at least that's not us anymore right?

Remember when we had a squad of sub standard players who couldn't cut it in the epl? ... at least that's not us anymore right?

Remember all those big beatings we took off the top teams back in the 90's... at least that's not us anymore right?

Remember when we used to lie down and get turned over by so called lesser teams who had a bit more spirit and determination ... at least that's not us anymore right?

Remember some of that God awful football we played under Gross, Ramos etc ... at least that's not us anymore right?

Still, at least we'll have the best training ground and best Sainsbury's in the championship next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

One of the lads on sunday supplement made a very good point yesterday , he said "when spurs sold bale, they should have gone straight to liverpool and offered all the money to buy suarez" . He was dead right.

You replace a world class player with another world class player - i know its very hard to do and suarez prob wouldnt have joined spurs but most of that money should have been used for 1-2 class players (large salaries and signing on fees etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Is anyone getting a little worried about relegation?
    Now I don't think we'll go down, but we're going to be in a battle and this team have no fight in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were four points off 4th place. At the moment we don't look like winning any game convincingly. Back to back wins, a mile off that.

Away to Hull - Draw at best.
    Home to Everton - Same as above.
    Away to Chelsea - Not a hope.

It goes on and on...
    The manager must realize what players he can rely on at this stage, eleven games in?
    He's gotta plug that defense up, start from the back, he plied his trade as a CB. Easily the worst defense in the league. Kick a ball over the top and your in. No skill required.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Were four points off 4th place. At the moment we don't look like winning any game convincingly. Back to back wins, a mile off that.

Away to Hull - Draw at best.
    Home to Everton - Same as above.
    Away to Chelsea - Not a hope.

It goes on and on...
    The manager must realize what players he can rely on at this stage, eleven games in?
    He's gotta plug that defense up, start from the back, he plied his trade as a CB. Easily the worst defense in the league. Kick a ball over the top and your in. No skill required.

Hull will beat us fairly easily, as will everton and lets face it, chelsea will destroy us

Manager said after the game that he is there 4 months now and that he knows the players and they know him. Clearly the players are all either useless or just don't buy into his ideas at all. I would think its the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    Hull will beat us fairly easily, as will everton and lets face it, chelsea will destroy us

Manager said after the game that he is there 4 months now and that he knows the players and they know him. Clearly the players are all either useless or just don't buy into his ideas at all. I would think its the latter

At the moment yes to all three, home form is as bad as it gets. Teams and managers have us picked off before kick off.

I'd imagine there's a divide in the dressing room that's steadily growing, if the results continue, then it's going to boil over.

Haven't heard a peep from our captain?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    At the moment yes to all three, home form is as bad as it gets. Teams and managers have us picked off before kick off.

I'd imagine there's a divide in the dressing room that's steadily growing, if the results continue, then it's going to boil over.

Haven't heard a peep from our captain?

Do we have one :-)

But yeah i would also agree there is a huge problem in the dressing room. Lennon cant be happy , he cant get near the squad and lets face it he is no worse than townsend or lamela.

This continual playing of adebayour cant go down well either, even if soldado isnt scoring he always works hard

Paulinho / dembele cant be happy

Davies must be filled with regret for signing

Fazio actually thinks he is some kind of nightmare id say

was just reading some posts from another forum back in January - its surprising the ammount of people that thought poch would have been a very bad apointment - this post is coming home to roost!

"Was at St. Mary's when we played them away. They were by far the worst organised defensive unit (and yes, I'm including their pressing) we have played against this season."

So guys, looks like pochettino has no clue about how to defend!

Anyone who picks fazio over vertonghen is not very clued in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Wasted my time and money going over to this shambles yesterday. I can honestly say in all my time going over to Spurs, leaving the ground yesterday was the most hopeless I have felt looking at the future for the club. Bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Wasted my time and money going over to this shambles yesterday. I can honestly say in all my time going over to Spurs, leaving the ground yesterday was the most hopeless I have felt looking at the future for the club. Bad times.

I made the trip yesterday also. Definitely won't be keen to make the trip over again. It's a long enough day, getting up at 6 am etc without having to sit through and stomach that performance.

The atmosphere was poisonous and it's hard to blame them. But at the same time I do agree with a lot of what Ade has just come out and said. Vicious circle I guess.

LostArt wrote: »
    Is anyone getting a little worried about relegation?
    Now I don't think we'll go down, but we're going to be in a battle and this team have no fight in them.

I'd take relegation if it meant the end of ENIC

We could get back to being a proper football club again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Christ almighty, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I was absolutely right to disregard your previous ramblings as those of someone too lost in hatred to be able to form an objective opinion, for what little solace that offers right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i fail to see what getting rid of ENIC will do

maybe replace them with a pair of half wits like sullivan and gold or better again Mike Ashley or maybe the mad man who took over at cardiff

the greass aint always greener , its time we all realised that it aint no ones fault but the players, some of whom are not good enough for where fans want us to be and some who just dont give a fcuk

i fail to see what getting rid of ENIC will do

maybe replace them with a pair of half wits like sullivan and gold or better again Mike Ashley or maybe the mad man who took over at cardiff

the greass aint always greener , its time we all realised that it aint no ones fault but the players, some of whom are not good enough for where fans want us to be and some who just dont give a fcuk

Who was in charge of scouting and signing these bloody donkeys? It was Baldini. Who employed Baldini? Levy. Therefore blame ultimately goes to Levy and ENIC.

Bloody hell like, who in their right mind could pick a player like Fazio and consider him a good signing, the lad does not know his left foot from his right. He makes Ramon Vega look like Ledley King.

Who was in charge of scouting and signing these bloody donkeys? It was Baldini. Who employed Baldini? Levy. Therefore blame ultimately goes to Levy and ENIC.

Bloody hell like, who in their right mind could pick a player like Fazio and consider him a good signing, the lad does not know his left foot from his right. He makes Ramon Vega look like Ledley King.

i dont disagree with you on any of those points, but who the hell will replace ENIC, we fcuking turned down ambrovich before he saved chelsea

jayus even vega was better than fazio, he seems to be about the ginger pele standard and sweet jayus but he was bad

Baldini might have "pedigree" but he has no knowledge of what it takes to success in the premier league. Of course he is going to recommend defenders like fazio because that kind of player will do fine in spain and Italy but they just wont survive in the PL

When you see a corner being taken in the PL , its borderline rugby in the box and the european defenders cant cope with this (most of them)

Baldini might have "pedigree" but he has no knowledge of what it takes to success in the premier league. Of course he is going to recommend defenders like fazio because that kind of player will do fine in spain and Italy but they just wont survive in the PL

When you see a corner being taken in the PL , its borderline rugby in the box and the european defenders cant cope with this (most of them)

Agree with you, thus further emphasising how bad an appointment Baldini was from day one. Now that you mention corners, how the hell does Eriksen constantly take corners when he has never ever once cleared the first man!!!

Christ almighty, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I was absolutely right to disregard your previous ramblings as those of someone too lost in hatred to be able to form an objective opinion, for what little solace that offers right now.

You have a habbit of playing the man rather then the ball - but for what it's worth this is my view on the relegation issue and why it could be a good thing.

Firstly, I know pleanty of Spurs fans that refer to our year in the old 2nd division in the late 70s as one of the most enjoyable seasons ever.

You see football is not all about the bloody sacred Premier League - The Premier League is a souless world of pretence were nothing is more important than TV revenue and being able to sell a few million shirts in the far east. Traditional supporters are marginalised through clubs pricing policies and the general plasticness of it all.

I would prefer Spurs to go back to basics with new owners who had the football clubs best interests at heart, not the share value - if relegation was needed to oust ENIC than so be it. The Champuionship is a fine competition.

I'd be gutted if we went down, but I'd get over it pretty quickly. Chelsea, Man City and Southampton for example have spent time in the lower leagues in recent history and didn't do them much harm.

You have a habbit of playing the man rather then the ball - but for what it's worth this is my view on the relegation issue and why it could be a good thing.

Firstly, I know pleanty of Spurs fans that refer to our year in the old 2nd division in the late 70s as one of the most enjoyable seasons ever.

You see football is not all about the bloody sacred Premier League - The Premier League is a souless world of pretence were nothing is more important than TV revenue and being able to sell a few million shirts in the far east. Traditional supporters are marginalised through clubs pricing policies and the general plasticness of it all.

I would prefer Spurs to go back to basics with new owners who had the football clubs best interests at heart, not the share value - if relegation was needed to oust ENIC than so be it. The Champuionship is a fine competition.

I'd be gutted if we went down, but I'd get over it pretty quickly. Chelsea, Man City and Southampton for example have spent time in the lower leagues in recent history and didn't do them much harm.

two reasons why that would be the greatest disaster to befall our club

1. LEEDS UTD
    2. NOTTINGHAM FOREST

two huge clubs who never recovered

we are surely trying to reach a higher standard than Southampton

yes Chelsea and city survived, Chelsea by 1 hour before they went out of existence and then found a sugar daddy who propelled them to the top level, only for him they would now not even exist

City took the best part of 50 years to get to where they are and only because of a sugar daddy as well

Relegation would destroy spurs, make no mistake on that fact

two reasons why that would be the greatest disaster to befall our club

1. LEEDS UTD
    2. NOTTINGHAM FOREST

two huge clubs who never recovered

we are surely trying to reach a higher standard than Southampton

yes Chelsea and city survived, Chelsea by 1 hour before they went out of existence and then found a sugar daddy who propelled them to the top level, only for him they would now not even exist

City took the best part of 50 years to get to where they are and only because of a sugar daddy as well

Relegation would destroy spurs, make no mistake on that fact

we are trying to reach a higher standard than southampton ? They are way ahead of us in every way. from the PL standings / performances to their youth system

we are trying to reach a higher standard than southampton ? They are way ahead of us in every way. from the PL standings / performances to their youth system

Mick, this season yes,

who came through their youth system that makes them so special

i remember this argument with southampton fans in 2000 who were arguing they were better and bigger than spurs, that didnt end well for them

• Advertisement

I don't think relegation would destroy Spurs
    It would bring a lot of real fans back to the club
    It didn't destroy us before
    It didnt destroy Nottm Forest either
    Leeds are fcuked because they gambled and lost
    Totally different circumstance

Anyway what's so great about Sky's premier league ?

It's not the be all and end all - it's a soulless business

Advertisement