Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karim Benzema

• 07-11-2014 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

This guy deserves a lot of credit. Once Ancelotti has come to the club he has moved on to a different level and right now he's in the form of his life. Not only a great finisher but his link up play and selflessness is fantastic. A true team player and he should now be talked about as one of the best strikers in the world.

A vital cog in the Real Madrid machine and one of the most improved players over the last 12 months.

3749_zpsff41750b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was (relatively) unconvinced until last season and he has excelled himself again this year. My opinion of him is that if he had his own team like he did at Lyon he would be considered of the elite CFs in World Football. Although he probably is anyway.

He is very beneficial to what Ronaldo does at RM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Always liked him since he scored that goal against United in the Champions League for Lyon, in onto his left foot and smashed it into the bottom corner. Always thought that if we got him he would be the player than Louis Saha should have been, as in fast, strong in the air, good feet, not a pushover.

While you are right that he has done really well under Ancellotti, I always thought he played to that level and has done for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

I was (relatively) unconvinced until last season and he has excelled himself again this year. My opinion of him is that if he had his own team like he did at Lyon he would be considered of the elite CFs in World Football. Although he probably is anyway.

He is very beneficial to what Ronaldo does at RM.

True. Ronaldo dictates everything that goes on in that RM forward line. If Ronaldo wants to go up front for a spell in a game, Benzema has to drop deeper or hang out wide for that time and plays the roles very well.

This is what I mean when I say he's the ultimate team player. A manager's dream really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    This guy deserves a lot of credit. Once Ancelotti has come to the club he has moved on to a different level and right now he's in the form of his life. Not only a great finisher but his link up play and selflessness is fantastic. A true team player and he should now be talked about as one of the best strikers in the world.

A vital cog in the Real Madrid machine and one of the most improved players over the last 12 months.

I disgree. He has scored 121 goals in 251 games for Madrid. In the 3 seasons under Mourihno he scored 26, 32 & 20 in all comps. Last season he scored 24. He may have been under appreciated, but he's always been lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

He is a player I've always wanted at United. Since his Lyon days he has been excellent except that bizarre drought for France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I disgree. He has scored 121 goals in 251 games for Madrid. In the 3 seasons under Mourihno he scored 26, 32 & 20 in all comps. Last season he scored 24. He may have been under appreciated, but he's always been lethal.

Last season he looked disinterested in a lot of matches and his general form wasn't that great. It wasn't underappreciation at all, he was rightly criticised by Real supporters last year. He's come flying out the traps this season and his overall play is a lot better, he's a lot more active when Real have possession now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He was overweight for a while. Compare the footage of him at Lyon compared to last year at Real. He was carrying a bit of pudge.

He showed up to the World Cup looking fit and lean and it made a difference. He had a good tournament and he's playing well at the moment for Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Karim Benzema Champions League Record: 68 Games/41 Goals - 0.6 goals per game
    Ronaldo's Champions League Record: 113 Games/71 Goals - 0.63 goals per game

Thought it was an interesting stat showing there's no shame in Benzema's compared to Ronaldo in Europe anyway overall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

callaway92 wrote: »

Thought it was an interesting stat showing there's no shame in Benzema's compared to Ronaldo in Europe anyway overall!
    Wow. Really suprised at the games played difference. How old is Karim? He's a good finisher Nd good at holding up the ball. Doesn't get same reconition(Sp?) as Lewen/Falcao/Cavani. Don't think he's up with Suarez/Ibra yet tho but definetly capable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

callaway92 wrote: »

Shows how good Ronaldo is, he played as winger for 6 years at United or 5 if you consider last year where he played few games as striker and still records 0.63 goals per game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's basically a free role. Describing him as a winger isn't accurate. He doesn't track back like other wingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ronaldo is a left forward...winger my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ronaldo hasn't been a winger since 2007 at the latest.

Advertisement