Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you determine a comparable health insurance plan?

Options
  • 07-11-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I'm with VHI...

Looking to move to another insurer as VHI only pay 80% for certain treatments and I'm seeking full cover on these treatments. (other insurers appear to fully cover)

I've availed of these treatment in the past and may have to again in the future..
    I don't want to have to put in two year wait period if I move 'up' plans in the move.

How can I determine that when I move I'm staying with a comparable plan which will presumably mean I dont have to wait for full cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Coming back to this..switched to Aviva comparable policy in the end, slightly cheaper but with some better benefits.

One of those benefits is full cover for day case in private Hosp (75 excess) whereas VHI only cover 80% on some procedures.
    So question .. for existing condition do I have to serve 2 year wait period for cover on day case at Private hosp? (ie do I only get 80% for two years or should i get the full cover (less excess))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

for a pre exisitng condition you will have to serve the waiting period before you get the full cover

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

No matter what plan you choose for full cover you are in effect upgrading. A two year upgrade rule applies as you have availed this treatment in the past. When some insurers introduced these massive shortfalls for certain treatments some people switched. Some got away with and others did not. Now I think most claims departments are clued in.

Advertisement