Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Celebrity............2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jake has now become Nadia's shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Edwina really didn't need to do that but Kendra went a bit overboard with the cursing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Yeah Kendra overreacted but Edwina was pure sh't stirring, absolutely no need to make the comments she made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I can't abide people that try to argue with you by smiling incoherently at you while they're making their point so I could see why edwinas demeanour would annoy you in an argument. Saying that Kendra went full hick and you should never go full hick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭naughto

Edwina will be the 1st out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

KatW4 wrote: »
    Edwina really didn't need to do that but Kendra went a bit overboard with the cursing!

Agreed on both counts; whatever I think about Kendra, Edwina was just determined to get someone's back up. I think it's really pathetic when someone uses their intelligence / debating skills to pick on people lesser skilled like that. Says something about their own huge self doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

fr336 wrote: »
    Agreed on both counts; whatever I think about Kendra, Edwina was just determined to get someone's back up. I think it's really pathetic when someone uses their intelligence / debating skills to pick on people lesser skilled like that. Says something about their own huge self doubt.

Definitely! It's obvious that she thinks she is better than Kendra. Her comments in the videos were just not nice. My opinion of her has really changed after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

fr336 wrote: »

what happened! missed it!

what happened! missed it!

I think Kendra was having a discussion with others in the camp about her life and Edwina butted in and said she was wrong about something not sure what but in the end Kendra not politely told her to butt out curses were used :p

Be good if Edwina and Kendra did the trial together

Kendra was saying that you shouldn't live for others all the time - I gathered she meant not constantly thinking of other people's opinions etc. Then Edwina wages in time and time again until she gets Kendra to blow by deliberately misinterpreting what Kendra meant and saying "you're a mother", "you should be thinking of others" etc. Hilariously pathetic on Edwina's part, I'm 99% sure she knew exactly what was being said and was trying to use her "superior intelligence" to better someone less able than herself in that department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's just a holiday camp in there now with friends and family visits after a bloody week. The show has become extremely boring and predictable. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that fight was manufactured to create some drama.

On the other hand you always have to take these shows with a pinch of salt imo, they are all in there "working" to a degree, maybe it was Edwina providing the entertainment for a bit, I wouldn't take everything on such a show as genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kendra is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

It's just a holiday camp in there now with friends and family visits after a bloody week. The show has become extremely boring and predictable. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that fight was manufactured to create some drama.

They have always done that kinda stuff in different way shape or forms the main thing is the celebs have been good at doing tasks, like they won all the comfort pacakages if they only won half then half the camp is jealous.

Same with the thingy today bar Michael was able to figure out the guess who game pretty easily then you might have only had 1 celeb getting to see there special person which again woulda added drama.

Its all setup to annoy and grate them but when they perform aswell as they have it might look too happy chappy. But believe me thats not what the producers want.

Fight probably was manufactured but by Edwina she said as much coming in

Were we not shown how Foggy, Vicki and Jimmy were chosen to go to the pool party or did I miss that part?

Kendra is an idiot.

she is just from a different life. in fairness, she has turned out well considering the sort of life she was naively sucked into. she knows herself that she lives in a bubble but she seems to be a caring and peoples person which are more nb in my opinion than educated opinions and superiority complexes. i dont think edwina is malice but she came across awful there, even with her comment about Kendras obligation to forgive her rather than her initiative to apologise, and then the smart comment at the end. pretty hypocritical given that she was pushing her own opinion on a girl half her age in a debate about selfishness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

That fight was something...felt Edwina deliberately misinterpreted Kendra in order to have a go at her, she pushed her buttons and predictably got a reaction.

When you think of it as a skilled politician using their debate skills to take down a Playboy model it looks pathetic.

Saying that Kendra has some mouth too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

she is just from a different life. in fairness, she has turned out well considering the sort of life she was naively sucked into. she knows herself that she lives in a bubble but she seems to be a caring and peoples person which are more nb in my opinion than educated opinions and superiority complexes. i dont think edwina is malice but she came across awful there, even with her comment about Kendras obligation to forgive her rather than her initiative to apologise, and then the smart comment at the end. pretty hypocritical given that she was pushing her own opinion on a girl half her age in a debate about selfishness!

Exactly.

Edwina knew what kendra meant. And kendra wasn't speaking to edwina, she was discussing it with friends so wasn't looking for a debate on the issue she was just expressing how she felt and what she had learned. Edwina deliberately twisted the girls words in an attempt to show how morally and intellectually superior she was. And at first kendra did just smile it off and allowed her to have her say. Then when edwina took it a step further and started with the "you're a mother" crap kendra snapped, and understandably so.
    It was uncalled for. And yeah kendra could have handled it better but edwina came across worse than kendra imo. Smug woman.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think Edwina thought she saw an easy target in kendra but wasn't expecting her to stick up for herself the way she did. Fair play to Kendra, if she'd ran off crying Edwina would have picked on her more the next chance she got.

Neither of them covered themselves in glory but it was clear Edwina butted into a nice conversation to be goady deliberately.

tbh she handled it the way a lot would have. being personally attacked and condescendingly belittled by someone earwigging on a personal chat you were sharing with others is not a nice thing. so what if she cursed. most of us would i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Edwina was shít-stirring but Kendra behaved like the pampered princess she is. Once she wasn't the centre of attention, she threw all her toys out of the pram and unfortunately both her and Edwina are the worse off for it.

At this stage, who do people think could win it? I think Melanie, Foggy and Nadia Forde are the stand-outs at this stage. I thought Tinchy would be a right laugh but he's been fairly boring so far to be honest.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Edwina was shít-stirring but Kendra behaved like the pampered princess she is. Once she wasn't the centre of attention, she threw all her toys out of the pram and unfortunately both her and Edwina are the worse off for it.

st.

someone has smuggled a phone into Camp........ Are you defending the woman that released a book almost two decades later revealing her affair with John Major to earn a few quid as someone who hates the centre of attention......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

For me it has to be jimmy, he's up for a laugh not taking it serious, plays pranks and just enjoys it, his trial are gas, nadine for me doesn't offer much to the group, apart for her bikini.

thelad95 wrote: »

At this stage, who do people think could win it? I think Melanie, Foggy and Nadia Forde are the stand-outs at this stage. I thought Tinchy would be a right laugh but he's been fairly boring so far to be honest.

Jimmy will win hands down. Nadia is a lovely girl but doesnt make for great entertainment and basically unknown in UK, melanie sykes isnt as popular as you may think out there and there is something about carl i dont get..

tynchy is very boring, edwina ruled any chance of her progressing very far tonight, kendra could get a tad irritating if she messes up in trials and lynda may struggle with youth vote. by process of elimination, michael, jimmy, kendra and jake in final 4, jimmy and jake final 2, jimmy wins...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Did anyone see on the after show where it showed Michael talking to Edwina after the fight?

He was defending Kendra, saying that he likes her and that he thinks she has guts live her life the way in the way she does. Edwina scoffed at this and she responded that he finds her fascinating, like something in a zoo.

What a nasty comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I knew Edwina was gonna sh*t stir; I saw her on Hell's Kitchen and she was the same.

Kendra, though, is really irritating the bejaysus out of me.
    She looks so miserable.
    Mel is a bit too hyper for my liking at this stage; is she on something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Predictions I'll eat my hat If Jimmy dont win at this stage after that its all a bit in the air the longer the good looking girls last the longer jake is getting tv time but if its all males left near the end i think he'll suffer a bit.

If melaine avoids a blow up she is top 3 easy but if Michael goes far I can see her start to pick at him and maybe show herself up

From whats left out first Edwina then Vicki then tinchy (depends on immunityobv) Jimmy win and too earl for final 3 a lot can change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I hope Michael does well,I'm really starting to like him. And for one of the older contestants,I think he's really gelling with the younger ones (I like his caring side for Kendra) & coming across as a nice Dad-like figure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

About Edwina

I just wish someone would have called her out on her comment, asked her who was she thinking of when she was shagging john major.

Did she think about her family? (or care about them at the time) Did she hell!
    She wrote a book about it Ffs!
    She is a self absorbed person.
    She thinks of no one but herself herself!
    Hope she is first to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Do any of you remember Edwina in Wife Swap - paired up with John McCririg?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sx3nBPHZhY
    Hilarious!

Advertisement