Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any decent iPad mini 2 covers/cases

• 07-11-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭

wae looking for a decent cover/case for my iPad mini 2 but don't want to pay out for the official cover just wondering what folks use on thier mini's? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Also looking for a recommendation for a cover for my iPad Mini2 (previously called 'iPad Mini with Retina Display'), am thinking of this one on Amazon, any comments welcome ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KHOMO-iPad-Mini-Retina-Built-/dp/B009UZ3TF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1415379797&sr=1-1&keywords=ipad+mini+khomo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've used ones from TheSnugg, on a second gen iPad and now on an iPad Air 2.

http://www.thesnugg.com/ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

coylemj wrote: »
    Also looking for a recommendation for a cover for my iPad Mini2 (previously called 'iPad Mini with Retina Display'), am thinking of this one on Amazon, any comments welcome ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KHOMO-iPad-Mini-Retina-Built-/dp/B009UZ3TF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1415379797&sr=1-1&keywords=ipad+mini+khomo

Yeah that caught my eye on Amazon anyone got one of these covers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bought the Khomo cover from Amazon as per the link above. Very high quality, fits like a glove, velvety texture so feels good to the touch, openings in all the right places for buttons etc., highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

There was a few official apple smart cases on adverts recently brand new and for a lot less than Apple want, might be worth a look. I got one for my iPad air and its 100% genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There was a few official apple smart cases on adverts recently brand new and for a lot less than Apple want, might be worth a look. I got one for my iPad air and its 100% genuine.

Yes, but they are no better than the ones linked above or similar ones on Ebay.

Got a case off e-bay last year and I cannot tell the difference with an Apple case. Apple get these made in the same Chinese factories and add a handsome premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, but they are no better than the ones linked above or similar ones on Ebay.

Got a case off e-bay last year and I cannot tell the difference with an Apple case. Apple get these made in the same Chinese factories and add a handsome premium.

Any link to that eBay seller? Did it stay ok after months of use? Read that some of the imitations fall apart after a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is who I bought from.

Not sure if they do it for the iPad mini.

Have mine a year now and it's still perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Harvey Norman have one on their deals for €14.99 at the moment.
    I ordered it online for collection but the store had no stock so they
    Gave me a case worth €34.99.

Advertisement