Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Exams

Options
  • 07-11-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi does anyone with past experience know, what would be good points to concentrate on for 1st year economics exams? I feel a bit lost as its not like the lc where we can see what usually comes up? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

Your question is a bit vague - have you tried looking up the past papers.

Which modules are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Microeconomics

• Registered Users Posts: 48 McKrab

Just do all of the problem sets that the lecturers post and do the last couple of past papers and you should be fine. In case you don't know you can access past exam papers from any modules you're doing on SISWeb, under Fees, Registration and Assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just get your hands on as many exam papers as you can, go through them all, and see what commonly comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

As has been said, past papers and plenty of them. In most courses, a flick through the slides and 4+ past papers, and you'll pass. I'm not saying A grade material but you will pass. Most lecturers apply a sort of unwritten rule that there is enough overlap / similarity between each year that you will get by if you do a shade of study of the notes and look at the papers. I'm boggled each year that people manage to fail papers in college given the relative predictability of most papers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement