Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsatisfactory wait time for gas conversion

Options
  • 07-11-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

HI Electric Ireland

I have tranfered to EI 2 months ago. AT the time I requested Electricity and Gas supply. Electricity turn over came immediately. Unfortunately I never got the gas. So I rang back and found out on the 12th of October that there was no record of request to transfer the gas.

I completed all the direct debit, joint account detail on the 12th to change over my gas and was told it would be done in 2-5 days. I have since rang back and been told it's actually around 5-7 and then rang again last week and been told well it can be 10 days 'or so'. This is getting ridiculous. If I had been given an honest answer in the beginning I would understand the delay - not just told what I wanted to hear to hook a new customer. I understand this isn't under your control but if it isn't resolved soon I may have to look to transfer accounts.
    Thanks,

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your account no: <snip>[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Jesper,

Sorry to read you are unhappy with your customer experience. We would be happy to look into this for you. 

For your own security we have removed your account number from your post. Please send us a private message with your full name, telephone number and address. You will need to confirm you are the named account holder and the GPRN number for the property also.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Hi Jesper,

Sorry to read you are unhappy with your customer experience. We would be happy to look into this for you. 

For your own security we have removed your account number from your post. Please send us a private message with your full name, telephone number and address. You will need to confirm you are the named account holder and the GPRN number for the property also.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

See private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

They asked you to send your private details by private message.
    Its not a good idea to post all your details on an open forum for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Jesper,

We'll be happy to look into this for you, but could you first please delete your most recent post? As K.Flyer has advised, for your own security you should only provide your personal details by PM.

Do message us with the above, and we'll investigate this query for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi Jesper,

We'll be happy to look into this for you, but could you first please delete your most recent post? As K.Flyer has advised, for your own security you should only provide your personal details by PM.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Hi K. Flyer,
    Thanks for the notice. Mistakenly I had thought I was sending an email. 
    Aoife I have emailed you the details. Thank you for your swift response and looking into this. 

• Advertisement

Hi Jesper,

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,

I am now on hold with the 1850-372372 number. 

I am talking to a second client who was unable to put me through to a third (Sales). Apparently I now have to re apply for my 'discount' of joint Electric and Gas as my change over was cancelled on Monday.
    NO ONE has been able to explain to me why the change over was cancelled on Monday. This is NOT a 'credit' issue as this is my first ever electric or gas account and I had given direct debit details. 

The expectation is that I now have to reapply for my bonus and go to the back of the list and wait for a changeover again. 

This is exceptional bad service,
    And of course I am being told no 'management' are available to talk to after being put on hold twice!!!!!  O and I'm being told this is 'not a management issue'. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Jesper,

We are very sorry to read that you are experiencing this issue.

Aoife has already escalated your query from this department and I have added to her escalation that you have provided this update. We are finishing at 6 this evening here on Boards and will continue to assist you tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi Jesper,

We are very sorry to read that you are experiencing this issue.

Aoife has already escalated your query from this department and I have added to her escalation that you have provided this update. We are finishing at 6 this evening here on Boards and will continue to assist you tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Una

Una - I have just spent 1 hour and 4 minutes on the phone talking to 3 agents from EI. And STILL I have to now wait for Sales to call me back. The only explanation I received from the 'supervisor' was that there was a meter reading 'issue' which was an EI error and this caused them to cancel the connection.

NO ONE could explain to me why EI didn't have even the courtesy to contact me and explain the reason for this cancellation or even to notify me of it! I would not have found out unless I chased EI again today for information!  

Advertisement