Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retraining as a counsellor/psychotherapist-best options?

Options
  • 07-11-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,
    For quite a while now I have been wanting to retrain (Im currently a primary teacher) in the area of counselling and psychotherapy. I have done a lot of charity work in this general area (obviously on a lower level!!) and teally feel a passion for it. However with a mortgage to pay this would need to be a part-time course. I have seen 4-year part-time courses but this seems to be incredibly long :( Are there any shorter ways to go? What level of qualification would I need in order to get a job in this area? Are the diplomas any use for employment or would you need a level 8? It's all very confusing! Four more years before achieving my dream seems like an excruciatingly long wait! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Advertisement