Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishery Watchtower Museum open

Options
  • 07-11-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just a heads up that the Fishery Watchtower at Wolfe Tone bridge is now open to the public between 12-4 Monday to Saturday (If I recall correctly). They haven't publicly launched it yet, but it is open.

Obviously quite small, but very interesting nonetheless. A very knowledgeable guide, a keen fisherman with a ponytail, gave an excellent free tour and history of the river, building and the fisheries. There are some cool views from up above on the top floor.

Well worth a 20 minute look in if you are rambling in town. It's been closed since I was a kid.

watchtower1.jpg

watchtower3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hi

Just a heads up that the Fishery Watchtower at Wolfe Tone bridge is now open to the public between 12-4 Monday to Saturday (If I recall correctly). They haven't publicly launched it yet, but it is open.

Obviously quite small, but very interesting nonetheless. A very knowledgeable guide, a keen fisherman with a ponytail, gave an excellent free tour and history of the river, building and the fisheries. There are some cool views from up above on the top floor.

Well worth a 20 minute look in if you are rambling in town. It's been closed since I was a kid.

watchtower1.jpg

watchtower3.jpg

The tower isn't open on Saturdays just in case people do feel like visiting but it is well worth visiting nonetheless on weekdays and an important part of Galway heritage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Added bonus...spotted two otters on that stretch of the canal yesterday morning...keep a look out for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Fantastic, cheers for the heads-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sweet. What artists are on show now?

Advertisement