Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

New Oasis map is apparently live now. Haven't encountered it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

it is just played it, good map

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Benzino wrote: »
    New Oasis map is apparently live now. Haven't encountered it yet though.

Finished a match on Ilios. Up pops Oasis as the next one. Next thing a few people leave, I barely get out of the spawn before I'm brought back to main menu.

What type of a map is it? Control, KOTH, Payload?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I see people leaving at the first sign of a tough game is still rampant in this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just played oasis. Very open points that give way to lots of flanking. And the control points are larger than the other maps. I think its gonna be a very tank heavy map. We lost the first point then added a third tank and had no problem after that. Its KOTH aswel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sometimes beautiful things happen during a match :Dhttps://youtu.be/6WoY1B19CFM

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Sometimes beautiful things happen during a match :Dhttps://youtu.be/6WoY1B19CFM

The hook at the end was nice but the spread on your shot clipped everyone so that's why you got the four piece in the gravaton surge. I thought you were going to whole hog them off the side when I saw where they got sucked to :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The hook at the end was nice but the spread on your shot clipped everyone so that's why you got the four piece in the gravaton surge. I thought you were going to whole hog them off the side when I saw where they got sucked to :pac:

Oh yeah, like I wasn't claiming it as a big personal play by me. I just liked how events synced up for it and it was also a really pretty light show with colours and chaos and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

Does anyone here play this on Xbox regularly enough? I'm losing my mind playing with god awful team mates.

Oh yeah, like I wasn't claiming it as a big personal play by me. I just liked how events synced up for it and it was also a really pretty light show with colours and chaos and such.

Oh I didn't mean it in a bad way it was still a really good play. It just looked from the start you were setting up for a WH especially when their Lucio Dropped the Beat.

• Advertisement

Does anyone here play this on Xbox regularly enough? I'm losing my mind playing with god awful team mates.

Yup im on 3 or four nights a week. I usually play in a four stack. What level are you at for Competitive?

My GT is TitianGerm. Just add me and send me a message to let me know who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yup im on 3 or four nights a week. I usually play in a four stack. What level are you at for Competitive?

My GT is TitianGerm. Just add me and send me a message to let me know who you are.

I have only dipped my toe into competitive recently and have one more match to get placed (my friends who play won't touch competitive) but I'm not awful and usually leading the charge. You know you are being placed on really poor teams when you are doing all the capturing as Zen. I will add you shortly.

I have only dipped my toe into competitive recently and have one more match to get placed (my friends who play won't touch competitive) but I'm not awful and usually leading the charge. You know you are being placed on really poor teams when you are doing all the capturing as Zen. I will add you shortly.

How many have you won so far? I think there is a 1000 point cut off for Competitive so if your within that you can group up with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I assume the Roadhogg hook glitch has been fixed for Oasis? Jesus that sh*t was annoying.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I assume the Roadhogg hook glitch has been fixed for Oasis? Jesus that sh*t was annoying.

I think they're getting ready to fix Roadhog's hook altogether

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752659040?page=3#post-58
    Firstly, the hook victim will now move in to the position directly in front of Roadhog, rather than just a straight line towards him. There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff. This part (along with some other bug fixes) should generally make the hook feel more consistent as to where the victims get pulled.

Secondly, the line-of-sight check to see if a hook should connect or not is now checked from Roadhog's position, instead of the hook's position. This basically means the hook can't connect to targets that Roadhog himself can't see.

Lastly, there is a new persistent line-of-sight check back to Roadhog once the hook has landed. If this check fails, the hook breaks off and returns to Roadhog. This means if you get hooked and move out of LOS quickly (either you dashed, were falling, were pushed, etc), the hook will now break early and not pull the target.

Overall these changes will likely make Roadhog a bit weaker, but we'll evaluate his performance once we get people playing him and make adjustments as necessary.

That's going to be PTR right? Or are they going to just dump those changes into the main game straight away?

it should ptr but good, the amount of times i've been hooked around a wall, or through stairs is infuriating

it should ptr but good, the amount of times i've been hooked around a wall, or through stairs is infuriating

Is it a PC thing? I've honestly hardly noticed it on PS4.

must be, it happens enough you are bottom of the stairs and next thing you know on kill cam the hook clips through something and drags your ass to death

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Penn wrote: »
    I think they're getting ready to fix Roadhog's hook altogether

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752659040?page=3#post-58

Hear hear. Exactly what was needed. Being sucked back around the corner after you've dodged out of the way was infuriating.

• Advertisement

That's going to be PTR right? Or are they going to just dump those changes into the main game straight away?

PTR first, they're hoping for later this week.

Yeah I've never been caught too bad with any ridiculous Hooks, but have seen some mental clips of others. Seen a few where Roadhog tries to hook someone, misses, and it pulls another person basically out of nowhere, hook hitting someone else around a corner or behind something.

Won't embed due to size but a few examples
    https://gfycat.com/CriminalParchedFieldmouse
    https://gfycat.com/HonorableMildBabirusa
    https://gfycat.com/LiquidWillingDairycow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Having "Mained" Roadhog for a month or 2, I never really saw this either.

I mean occasionally you will aim the hook at someone before they move behind a wall, and then due to a combo of the hook travel time + aim assist + the animation of them getting hit by the hook initiallly means by the time it pulls em back, it pulls em back through the wall.

That being said, if they DON'T want that happening, the hook shouldn't have "travel time" imho cause otherwise it makes Roadhog a lot weaker or tehy will just have to suck it up to the fact that you will need to "lead" target hook shots even more to the point of it making the hookshot a piece of rubbish.

Never hooked someone via a map glitch or whatever on console anyway. Maybe I'm just exploitative enough

This clip actually proves my point, look at it from Roadhogs POV. Simply put that Pharah was hooked. No ifs ands or buts about it. What do people expect? The hook to break in a situation like that where if crosses a piece of the environment? Seems like a nightmare to properly program and like it would make Roadhog unplayable.

gYWluIY.jpg

gYWluIY.jpg

Oh yeah that one he hit her fair and square, just that the return of the hook is crazy and one of the things being fixed.

Yeah the Pharah one seems fair enough as its dealing with a tricky fast moving situation to model.

They other two are hilarious though. No one wants to go fishing and catch a surprise Reinhardt :D

Oh yeah that one he hit her fair and square, just that the return of the hook is crazy and one of the things being fixed.

Granted she should have come through the window, being pulled around along on the floor was dumb, but thats programming in video games for ya

I'm guessing the fact shes falling vertically is the reason for that, would make less sense to raise her back up to come in through the window and be at the same height she was at when it connected. So that's an exception in a way.

But really, that clip proves nothing is wrong with Roadhog and that programming a fix for something that has:
    1: Travel Time
    2: Connection Animation
    3: Return Travel Animation
    Is a pain in the balls to fix in an online game really. I don't see what the solution to NOT make that happen would be :o

The other 2 clips are pants on the head stupid though :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    But I've never pulled off anything like that with (maybe?) 15 hours of Roadhog under my belt on PS4

Granted she should have come through the window, being pulled around along on the floor was dumb, but thats programming in video games for ya

I'm guessing the fact shes falling vertically is the reason for that, would make less sense to raise her back up to come in through the window and be at the same height she was at when it connected. So that's an exception in a way.

But really, that clip proves nothing is wrong with Roadhog and that programming a fix for something that has:
    1: Travel Time
    2: Connection Animation
    3: Return Travel Animation
    Is a pain in the balls to fix in an online game really. I don't see what the solution to NOT make that happen would be :o

Well they've said that if the line of sight from Roadhog after being hooked is broken, the enemy will be off the hook (pun intended). So in the case of the Pharah gif, if Pharah dropped and hit the wall below the window while being hooked, she'd break free of the hook.

Well they've said that if the line of sight from Roadhog after being hooked is broken, the enemy will be off the hook (pun intended). So in the case of the Pharah gif, if Pharah dropped and hit the wall below the window while being hooked, she'd break free of the hook.

So it's meant to break the chain when she colides with the wall on the way back?

Yeah I could see that being a ballache to get right :/

So it's meant to break the chain when she colides with the wall on the way back?

Yeah I could see that being a ballache to get right :/

Aye.
    Lastly, there is a new persistent line-of-sight check back to Roadhog once the hook has landed. If this check fails, the hook breaks off and returns to Roadhog. This means if you get hooked and move out of LOS quickly (either you dashed, were falling, were pushed, etc), the hook will now break early and not pull the target.

I can see them buffing him in other areas after a few weeks. Maybe increasing the damage from the impact of the hook.

I like that you stopped to have a drink while watching the light show :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The hook is overpowered as it is. Now it will work when you are in the open, and you can use it to grab someone and bring them into optimal face-shooting range. We've gotten used to the hook being such an obnoxious tool that the idea of terrain breaking its hold will annoy a lot of people, but maybe a tank with rapid self-healing who does the highest point-blank dps in the game could do with a bit of a nerf.

From now on don't expect to hook someone through a tiny window or doorway and expect it to magically teleport the target to your face by any means necessary. I like it. It means you can now use terrain more defensively, and will make open spaces feel a bit more dangerous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement