Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »
    I love Mei. She's A-Mei-zing!

One of my favourite things in the game is freezing someone, popping an icicle in their skull and then using the "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry...." voice line.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ni hao!

I actually love this parody of Meet the Pyro...

Ni hao!

I actually love this parody of Meet the Pyro...

Ok ok i admit i quite enoyed the snowball fight and this line made me laugh out loud

https://youtu.be/ZRERl0A4jEk

But in normal play.. She must be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F*ck Pharah. F*ck Oasis. F*ck Pharah again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I love Mei. She's A-Mei-zing!

One of my favourite things in the game is freezing someone, popping an icicle in their skull and then using the "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry...." voice line.
    I like spamming "Hey! Chill out!" while the enemy team is getting wiped after freezing them all.
    Oh the life of the easily amused. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I will always... and I mean ALWAYS leave the spawn point from any door that Mei is not.

Once blocked in, forever shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Penn wrote: »
    F*ck Pharah. F*ck Oasis. F*ck Pharah again.

boop

I'm not really feeling this new map to be honest. The cars are pointless and the big jump cannon is underwhelming. Seems a lot of wasted space, takes a long time to get to the action. Maybe that will change once I'm familiar with it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I will always... and I mean ALWAYS leave the spawn point from any door that Mei is not.

Once blocked in, forever shy.

*see an enemy waiting in view of the spawn for it to open*
    *line up perfect headshot as Hanzo to kill them*
    *3... 2... 1...*
    Mei: F*CK YOU! ICE WALL, B*TCHEZ!!!

I'm not really feeling this new map to be honest. The cars are pointless and the big jump cannon is underwhelming. Seems a lot of wasted space, takes a long time to get to the action. Maybe that will change once I'm familiar with it.

Got destroyed in three matches last night against three different teams where their Pharah was by far the biggest annoyance. Not even that she was getting the most kills, but enough of a distraction and too hard to hit that you'd get killed by others. Oasis gives too much shelter around the point that you can't hit her from a distance, yet not really enough shelter within the point to avoid her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Penn wrote: »
    Got destroyed in three matches last night against three different teams where their Pharah was by far the biggest annoyance. Not even that she was getting the most kills, but enough of a distraction and too hard to hit that you'd get killed by others. Oasis gives too much shelter around the point that you can't hit her from a distance, yet not really enough shelter within the point to avoid her.

Soldier and macree need to be used to have any shot on oasis tbh, shes a monster there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Never forget the objective...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Benzino wrote: »
    I actually think D.Va is in the best place balance wise she the game launched, and I'd be hesitate to change her much. Instead, I think they need to buff Winston, he is the alternative to D.Va as a mobile tank but I think he's too squishy as is. Perhaps replacing some of his health with armour is the way to go.
    And I guessed it right; PTA has two nerfs for D'Va atm; first they switched her hp and armor values (so she lost 200 armor and gained 200 health for 400health and 200 armor) and her bullet damage went from 8 bullets @ 3 damage to 11 bullets @ 2 damage resulting in a slight dps nerf.

My main issue however is Ana's "fix" was only a reduction of the healing 'nade from 100% boost to 50% boost in healing where the main use of it was to stop the enemy team from healing... In essence that nerf will have very limited impact on actual game play nor do anything about the fact she's the best healer by a country mile.

Nody wrote: »
    And I guessed it right; PTA has two nerfs for D'Va atm; first they switched her hp and armor values (so she lost 200 armor and gained 200 health for 400health and 200 armor) and her bullet damage went from 8 bullets @ 3 damage to 11 bullets @ 2 damage resulting in a slight dps nerf.

The armor/hp change is too much, 100 armor loss would have sufficed. The damage change is minor.

This change will bring an end to 3 tanks I feel, we are gonna be seeing a lot of Reinhardt and Zarya now. They seem to be struggling with D.Va a bit, so this won't be the last change to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Benzino wrote: »
    They seem to be struggling with D.Va a bit, so this won't be the last change to her.

Think you're right, she's been very difficult to nail down given her odd mix of mobility and shields/matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Think you're right, she's been very difficult to nail down given her odd mix of mobility and shields/matrix.

I think that's why people feel she's OP compared to other tanks. I've been ranking up nicely and getting potg's and gold medals ( I know they don't mean a huge amount given the context of the game) with her for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zillah wrote: »

I'm glad I learned to play Zarya now.

Thank you Mystery Heros for getting me more and more out of my comfort zone :D

This is too heavy handed. The hook should freeze them on the spot more liberally. In the first hook, Lucio should pause midair preventing him from moving behind the wall.

They should just add an QTA where a hooked character gets to "Press X to grasp wildly at nearest scenery"

You could accidently grab a team mate and drag them along with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This is too heavy handed. The hook should freeze them on the spot more liberally. In the first hook, Lucio should pause midair preventing him from moving behind the wall.
    It only confirms that hook 2.0 is simply going to make RH useless when hooking; they'll need to make the hook instantly hit (no wait and travel time as now) and when hit the target's momentum is directly set to zero and roped in for it to work.

The pause is there for a good reason, though: quick thinking team mates could pop a Zarya bubble or a Mei wall to protect their friend. If it is instant it removes that possibility.

The pause is there for a good reason, though: quick thinking team mates could pop a Zarya bubble or a Mei wall to protect their friend. If it is instant it removes that possibility.

The hook and the game move to fast for that to be anything more than an accident though.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The hook and the game move to fast for that to be anything more than an accident though.

I'd disagree with that; at high skill ranks and any esport team it's absolutely standard for hooked players to be bubbled by Zarya by the time they reach the enemy Roadhog.

I've seen this a fair bit in competitive as i play RH, though not too often as i'm only low diamond. I love watching OW esports too and it's very common.

Check out any of the popular streamers and you'll see it. Or the Faze/Fanatic VOD from the recent MLG tournament, which was a great match and well worth watching anyway.

I really just want to test it out to see if it's a fair fix/nerf or if it neuters RH completely. Curse the xbox and it's lack of PTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I agree, this went too far. Was exactly what I was hoping would not happen yesterday

Absolutely not. I've saved countless characters as Zarya by popping a bubble on them as Roadhog drags them in.

And making the hook instant hit and set momentum to zero would not change that as you can bubble as a character is drawn to RH. However it makes hitting someone with a hook actually mean they will be pulled in rather than the current version when even if you hit there's a high probability it breaks due to cover/existing movement.

As Zarya, I'm always on high alert of this when the opposition as a RH and succeed most of time unless it's on cooldown or somebody moves in my way. Nothing more satisfying than blocking a RH insta kill :D

Nody wrote: »
    And making the hook instant hit and set momentum to zero would not change that as you can bubble as a character is drawn to RH. However it makes hitting someone with a hook actually mean they will be pulled in rather than the current version when even if you hit there's a high probability it breaks due to cover/existing movement.

Removing the delay would obviously make it far harder for anyone to intervene.

• Advertisement

Removing the delay would obviously make it far harder for anyone to intervene.
    Not really; the only thing you can't do unlike today is bubble before the hook hits the target. So today you could theoretically bubble someone before the hook hits due to the animation and travel time of the hook as it's a bullet rather than instant and for the full duration of the target being pulled in. With what I suggest (based on the fact hook 2.0 completely neuter hook as an ability) is instead that of having the hook act as a bullet it becomes instant hit and sets momentum to zero but still gives the same duration of the target standing there hooked and being pulled in.

This would mean that if I hit a target with the hook AND there is free line of site to me they will actually be pulled in compared to hook 2.0 where even if I hit you, and there is free line of sight chances are it will break due to your momentum carrying you on. As hook had around 50% hit ratio in practice it would still be achieving less than before but at least chances are better that RH can pull in what's hooked (still all the LOS checks all the way).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement