Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I kind of misread your first post, I thought you were saying no delay on the pull after the hit. I don't see why making it an insta-hit ability is a solution. I would be fine with it negating momentum. I'd prefer not instantly setting it to zero, but have it drop off on a steep curve, so the faster you're moving and the closer you are to cover the more of a chance you have to get away.

The anti-momentum effect is Reddit's current preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea that RH hook nerf looks a bit extreme. I thought it'd just break by a wall or something not a small tree :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

DVA got th nerf hammer fairly bad as well...goddammit!

DVA got th nerf hammer fairly bad as well...goddammit!

Yeah I thought that was an odd choice. I have not seen anyone complaining about her. She is pretty easily countered by Zarya, who is a very popular choice. Overall I think the most obnoxious things about D.Va are her Defense Matrix and its ability to eat anything (including multiple ults), and the Self Destruct, which can wipe a team. I don't think they need to be nerfed, as there are counters and limitations on them, but if anything was going to be changed I would have thought those would be the target.

I don't think anyone was grumbling about her survivability or her damage output.

I am a bit biased as I main her at the moment. I think they have done something to DM but I have to look it up to be sure. Overall i thought she was in a great position as pre-buff she was too squishy and could not fulfil her role as a second tank (hardly ever used in the 2/2/2 in s2), now she is a killer and can tank when Rheins shields are down AND harrass. With this nerf she will be back to F Tier trash.

You will see more Zarya coming out now, and we will more than likely be back to 2/2/2 as Anas biotic has gotten a look at too.

I really wish they would bring Widow back to being useable, right now there is no reason for her to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Zillah wrote: »
    I don't think anyone was grumbling about her survivability or her damage output.
    She was to strong against the tank busting DPS due to the armor (Soldier, Tracer, Reaper, Sombra) and she's still up 100hp from where she started. She's still going to be the third tank of choice if you need it (and as we're down to two tanks only I'm guessing the third new character will be another group shielding tank of some form to give an alternative to Reinhardt).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Winston still waiting for a buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You will see more Zarya coming out now, and we will more than likely be back to 2/2/2 as Anas biotic has gotten a look at too.

In the chat we prepared for this with 2/2/2 but with Zen over Ana :P

In the chat we prepared for this with 2/2/2 but with Zen over Ana :P

I forgot you are handy with Zen yeh.

Oh Ill be on tonight to squeeze the last few happy days with DVA before she gets hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I forgot you are handy with Zen yeh.

Oh Ill be on tonight to squeeze the last few happy days with DVA before she gets hammered.

I've actually been playing Zarya the last while. JCD or one of the other lads have been playing Zen mostly. But yeah. I think we've a solid group of 8 players good with a good group of 8 compatible heros

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    She was to strong against the tank busting DPS due to the armor (Soldier, Tracer, Reaper, Sombra)

I've had little trouble with her lately as Soldier. Pop down the heal aura and strafe like a madman, can bring her down pretty quickly. Sombra is under-powered generally, not D.Va's fault, but during my Quick Play stint with her I did find that you could take her out if you were running back and forth on a hacked health pack, and especially if you managed to hack her (no defense matrix). I've never enjoyed Reaper so can't comment there.

I'm not 100% sure but i did see a few people apparently saying that her DM got Stealth Nerfed so there is more room in front of her that doesn't get blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Penn wrote: »
    F*ck Pharah. F*ck Oasis. F*ck Pharah again.

Managed to get her Frostbite skin 1hr before the Winter event ended & realised it was a sign.

I'm going to main her until I can solo kill teams consistently.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Managed to get her Frostbite skin 1hr before the Winter event ended & realised it was a sign.

I'm going to main her until I can solo kill teams consistently.

Barrage is highly dependent on the quality of the enemy. When I started I was getting quadruple kills in most games, but I've climbed SR a lot since and Barrage is practically a suicide button these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I really don't get this maining of heroes.
    I play all heroes depending on what my team needs.
    Only heroes I don't play regularly are Winston and Genji,Winston no reason really apart from I prefer to have to aim at enemies,Genji well because I totally suck with him.

Ofcourse some heroes I'm better than others and can dominate with them,the rest I'm just average with..

I got to play some OW and BF1 on console over the Christmas and my god the gameplay on both games is so slow compared to PC, I knew this was always the case taking into account the superior PC controls and performance but I didn't think it was going to be so slow.

Barrage is highly dependent on the quality of the enemy. When I started I was getting quadruple kills in most games, but I've climbed SR a lot since and Barrage is practically a suicide button these days.

"JUSTICE RAINS FR--- AHHHHH!

Dcully wrote: »
    Only heroes I don't play regularly are Winston and Genji,Winston no reason really apart from I prefer to have to aim at enemies,Genji well because I totally suck with him.

Ofcourse some heroes I'm better than others and can dominate with them,the rest I'm just average with..

I got so play some OW and BF1 on console over the Christmas and my god the gameplay on both games is so slow compared to PC, I knew this was always the case taking into account the superior PC controls and performance but I didn't think it was going to be so slow.

You answered your own question :p

I got so play some OW and BF1 on console over the Christmas and my god the gameplay on both games is so slow compared to PC, I knew this was always the case taking into account the superior PC controls and performance but I didn't think it was going to be so slow.

I don't have a main as such but I do have a pick that I know I can swing the result of a match on. I have a pool of 6ish heroes but def DVA is my go too if I need to carry in solo or compliment a Rhein

You answered your own question :p

When I said some heroes I'm better at ive a pool of 8-10 that fall into that category not just one, maining a hero in overwatch is just wrong imo.

When I said some heroes I'm better at ive a pool of 8-10 that fall into that category not just one, maining a hero in overwatch is just wrong imo.

Couldn't agree more. I doubt many here would main one exclusive character. Like you said in my pool of go tos DVA is my preferred at the mo.

• Advertisement

Well I thought your main heroes are a pool of heroes that you gravitiate towards. Mine would be solider, reinhardt, winston, ana, symmetra or zenyetta. I would consider them my main heroes. Playing anyone else, I don't feel like I'm fully utilising my ability.

99% of the time, I can usually slot in as one of those heroes depending on my teams needs.

I take your point but there are times I will take a hero I'm not fully comfortable with if the team needs it, for example only recently I started to play Reinhardt to give myself another tanking option.
    The majority of quickplay games I end up tanking or healing.

I gave up competitive play as none of my friends play the game consistently, a few got the game on PC recently but they seem to just play 3-4 heroes and that's it, incredibly frustrating at times so I just avoid comp play.

I take your point but there are times I will take a hero I'm not fully comfortable with if the team needs it, for example only recently I started to play Reinhardt to give myself another tanking option.
    The majority of quickplay games I end up tanking or healing.

I gave up competitive play as none of my friends play the game consistently, a few got the game on PC recently but they seem to just play 3-4 heroes and that's it, incredibly frustrating at times so I just avoid comp play.

If you are on PS4 let me know. We have a group there. Drop your PSN and we can get you added.

"JUSTICE RAINS FR--- AHHHHH!

lol this is almost exactly my flair on Reddit.

I think everyone should be good with at least one hero from each type. I used to play exclusively as Pharah unless I really had to change, but I've branched out much more. There are no heroes that I am not at least ok with, and a bunch that I'm very good with. Lets see, out of curiosity: Soldier, Pharah, Rein, Zarya, Ana, are all top picks (Rein is my most played this season, I was surprised to discover). I can also do just fine with Mercy, Lucio, and Symmetra, but I think you'd have to be pretty special to not do well with those.

After 20 hours in Quick Play I'm probably also about as good with Sombra as anyone, for all the good that does me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I mostly play competitive and I understand why people limit themselves. I feel I can play at least 2 characters from each class good to very good.

But there are some I won't play or avoid playing like Reinhardt or genji simply because I'm not good with them. It's more beneficial to the team if I swap class to say a healer and let somebody who is actually good at playing Reinhardt take over (or play really good with Zarya then badly as Reinhardt).

Quick play I will generally play whoever I fancy, but competitive I want to win so choose a character that will most benefit the team.

Benzino wrote: »
    It's more beneficial to the team if I swap class to say a healer and let somebody who is actually good at playing Reinhardt take over (or play really good with Zarya then badly as Reinhardt).

Man, this shit drives me nuts.

Hey, Pharah, swap to Reaper.
    I am terrible at Reaper.
    We need Reaper, you should change.

Trust me, friend, you want an excellent Pharah a lot more than you want a crappy Reaper; your preconceptions over team composition are not the beginning and end of strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Man, this shit drives me nuts.

Hey, Pharah, swap to Reaper.
    I am terrible at Reaper.
    We need Reaper, you should change.

Trust me, friend, you want an excellent Pharah a lot more than you want a crappy Reaper; your preconceptions over team composition are not the beginning and end of strategy.

Yup, but I'll happily switch from a tank class so somebody else can play Reinhardt. For example, Reinhardt is pretty much essential for all payload maps. So if I'm occupying a tank slot and so is somebody else (who isn't Reinhardt), I'll happily vacant that tank slot for somebody else to play Reinhardt (not really necessary of late due to 3 tank meta). I really view Reinhardt as essential for payload maps if against a good team.

What's worst than the above imo, is people continuing to play their chosen hero despite playing awful. Pharah, Solider76 is getting the better of you, perhaps you should try a different hero ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi if there's a boards group for competitive on ps4 please invite me, games with randomers is driving me daft!

If you are on PS4 let me know. We have a group there. Drop your PSN and we can get you added.

Thanks man but I'm on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like they're nerfing Ana's biotic grenade, thank god.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement