Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Managed to get her Frostbite skin 1hr before the Winter event ended & realised it was a sign.
    61775655.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

madcabbage wrote: »
    Looks like they're nerfing Ana's biotic grenade, thank god.

50% seems like a harsh drop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Notorious wrote: »
    50% seems like a harsh drop.
    Seeing how she's already the highest single target healer in game (before 'nade) it's still a huge boost; esp. as the main use is to stop the enemy team from healing...

I'd love if the offensive properties on that nade were reduced. Its absolutely devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck twats who pick Torbjorn on attack. Just making it a miserable squash match for the 5 people who have the misfortune to be paired with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You'd say something if they're good with attack Torb but 99% of those who do are trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Played dva for the first time in ages and went like 30-2. She feels totally op, im really not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fúck twats who pick Torbjorn on attack. Just making it a miserable squash match for the 5 people who have the misfortune to be paired with them.

People who choose Widowmaker on attack on Kings Row are just as bad. She's not so bad on defense, but there are no real lines of sight to get shots in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sonics2k wrote: »
    People who choose Widowmaker on attack on Kings Row are just as bad. She's not so bad on defense, but there are no real lines of sight to get shots in.
    Actually Kings Row has plenty of good places; first point you have multiple angles once you leave the spawn point. During the push you take the upper window/ledge/doorway at the first control point and then move into the corridor, top corridor as your team push through.

However the sniper needs to be damn good to have an impact and can be chased away easily (since she'll be alone so D'Va can easily go after her) which is usually the biggest problem with someone going Hanzo/Widowmaker...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Benzino wrote: »
    Yup, but I'll happily switch from a tank class so somebody else can play Reinhardt. For example, Reinhardt is pretty much essential for all payload maps. So if I'm occupying a tank slot and so is somebody else (who isn't Reinhardt), I'll happily vacant that tank slot for somebody else to play Reinhardt (not really necessary of late due to 3 tank meta). I really view Reinhardt as essential for payload maps if against a good team.

What's worst than the above imo, is people continuing to play their chosen hero despite playing awful. Pharah, Solider76 is getting the better of you, perhaps you should try a different hero ;)

This...

If you are not popping ultimates at least 3-4 times, or on fire for some of the match you are having a bad game and need to swap. This is especially true as a Widow player as they have a very specific use and need to be on target for the majority or all of their shots. RH can get away with this as he just needs to stop and offense and direct the flow of battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Nody wrote: »
    Actually Kings Row has plenty of good places; first point you have multiple angles once you leave the spawn point. During the push you take the upper window/ledge/doorway at the first control point and then move into the corridor, top corridor as your team push through.

However the sniper needs to be damn good to have an impact and can be chased away easily (since she'll be alone so D'Va can easily go after her) which is usually the biggest problem with someone going Hanzo/Widowmaker...

I have no problems with an attacking Widow.......if she is f****ng brilliant and can pick the lines of sight and hit turrets/head shots. You know she is good if widows sight is popping regularly. Otherwise it may as well be 6v5.

I have no idea how to do those flick shots with Widow. Whenever I die to a Widow, the kill-cam shows them doing a quick swipe while shooting and it's boom, headshot.

I'm just going to blame hacking to make myself feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

What is the story with SR gained or lost when you win or lose?

I'm (shamefully) gold ..and went from 2250+ to 1890 in two days or so. It's been horrendous, playing out of my skin.. getting stuck with leavers, people who go afk.. bastion on attack but set up in spawn for payload?????

Anyway, why when you lose do you get punished so badly, I'll need to need 12 games or more to get back up to where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »

I'm (shamefully) gold ..and went from 2250+ to 1890 in two days or so. It's been horrendous, playing out of my skin.. getting stuck with leavers, people who go afk.. bastion on attack but set up in spawn for payload?????

Anyway, why when you lose do you get punished so badly, I'll need to need 12 games or more to get back up to where I was.

How do you know your playing out of your skin?

I know what it's like to be in low gold and you do tend to get a lot of odd picks and Mé Feiners but I bet your getting really annoyed in game and making silly plays yourself because your tilting a bit.

My advice and something I started the end of last season was to take a break if I lost two consecutive games together. Back out and grab a coffee and then comeback.

I also tend to have a warm up game or two in QP/Arcade before jumping into Comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Most junkrat players are cancer. Played earlier one firing into zarya bubbles and dva defence matrix and rein shield. Junkchange you are helping them "I have gold damage" idiots

Most junkrat players are cancer. Played earlier one firing into zarya bubbles and dva defence matrix and rein shield. Junkchange you are helping them "I have gold damage" idiots

Is Junkrat job not to take down shields really quick?

Jesus is there a character that isn't cancerous at the moment?!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sight808 wrote: »

From my experience, the amount of SR you gain/lose is dependent on how well you play (this is hard to determine, usually it's number of medals but for support characters that doesn't seem to matter much) but most importantly how well the team does.

I've gotten 50+ SR after our team annihilated the other team, but if it's a close win, might get 20-30 depending on how well you do. Likewise, if you suffer a heavy defeat, the more points you will drop compared to if it was a narrow loss.

If a member leaves my team, I try to just get as many gold medals as possible to limit the number of points dropped.

I find I go on streaks, winning a bunch in a row followed by a bunch of losses. It really depends on the team you are paired with, which can be dodgy in the lower ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nothing wrong with Junkrat breaking a Reinhard shield.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you know your playing out of your skin?

I know what it's like to be in low gold and you do tend to get a lot of odd picks and Mé Feiners but I bet your getting really annoyed in game and making silly plays yourself because your tilting a bit.

My advice and something I started the end of last season was to take a break if I lost two consecutive games together. Back out and grab a coffee and then comeback.

I also tend to have a warm up game or two in QP/Arcade before jumping into Comp.

Gold medals (i know its only a personal indication not a relfection on the match).. most of the match on fire.. if we need a tank i'll tank..rein...winston to sort out a genji..healer..whatever.

Anyway that was just a slight rant in my post and didnt really answer my initial question. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is Junkrat job not to take down shields really quick?

Not when he feeds zarya 87charge for the game

Not when he feeds zarya 87charge for the game

I see alot of people complain about charging a Zarya but if a teammate burst her bubble and the two people focus her she can't do anything because she'll be dead before she can kill anyone. We use this tactic all the time.

Focus the Healer then Zarya/Dva, after that work through the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The most satisfying minute of play I've ever had as Roadhog:

Ugh, I'm done with this for a while.

For every game I win, I lose 10, no matter what I play.

Do you solo queue? Big mistake if you are.

You hardly ranked above your skill level and are just finding it though up there and the game is moving you back down to your correct SR?

madcabbage wrote: »
    Do you solo queue? Big mistake if you are.

Yeah but I've solo-queued since launch and done okay (between 2900 and 3200 in CP and winning more than losing more in QP)

And if I were to blame solo-queue, it would sound like I'm blaming other people when it's me who has been shíte recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A Neurotic wrote:
    The most satisfying minute of play I've ever had as Roadhog:

That dva save at the end the perfect cherry top :D

Looking forward to that ana healing grenade nerf.

it's exhausting stuff when nothing dies because of that grenade.. overtime going for hours -___-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Yeah but I've solo-queued since launch and done okay (between 2900 and 3200 in CP and winning more than losing more in QP)

And if I were to blame solo-queue, it would sound like I'm blaming other people when it's me who has been shíte recently!

I'm having a rough season too Marston, playing about the same SR as you. I'm currently within about 80 points of where i originally placed, i think.

There are a few groups of people i'll queue with but overall i seem to have more luck with solo queue.

Not playing brilliantly at the moment and whenever i play in a stack it tends to bring me into higher SR games, then my erratic play is even more obvious...

Feel like it's time to learn/main a new character, especially with RH facing some nerfs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement