Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah but I've solo-queued since launch and done okay (between 2900 and 3200 in CP and winning more than losing more in QP)

And if I were to blame solo-queue, it would sound like I'm blaming other people when it's me who has been shíte recently!

I'm pretty much the same. Uninstalled a week ago as it was wrecking my head and I needed a break. Lost about 10 in a row and only a handful of those was down to having a bad team. SR took a hammering.

Can't fault the game though. Still great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,767 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was about to take a break but then they brought back 6v6 Mystery Heroes in Arcade for all maps.

It's amazing how much a difference just having to deal with whatever hero you're given makes to the game as opposed to mostly sticking to one or two heroes in one match. And when someone gets an ult, it feels more earned that they survived/played well enough to get the ult without being killed, rather than normal play where ults are being used left right and centre.

It can absolutely suck when you're on attack and the defence get 2 Torbs and a Bastion, but then every time you get killed you're just praying for that one random hero who can just break the line and win the game.

I probably will take a break in the next few weeks as I still have Rise of the Tomb Raider and Hitman to start playing, but Overwatch just keeps drawing me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've had to take a break too. I have a bad head cold at the moment and trying to keep up with what's going on just makes me feel stupid :-/ Like a child trying to keep up with adults.

I've decided to be good at Mei. She's feckin hard. I feel like the frozen enemies thaw way quicker than when I'm on the receiving end of that freeze gun. The ice wall seems so powerful when you know how to use it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sight808 wrote: »
    Looking forward to that ana healing grenade nerf.

it's exhausting stuff when nothing dies because of that grenade.. overtime going for hours -___-

I don't think it's going to make much of a difference to be honest. I like Ana; I don't think she's overpowered, at least you have to aim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When I talk about "Maining" I mean "I am currently playing a lot of this character", like 4+ hours of Gameplay in a short period of time

I've probably "Mained" about ~10 characters and would be decent with another ~6

Meanwhile,Genji, Hanzo, Sombra, Ana, D.va and Junkrat are the only 6 I don't play.

Ana and Junkrat (occasionaly) would be next on my "Learn to play" List.
    Sombra seems ok, but a little weak. Was waiting for the excitement over her to pass so I could actually try picking her in QP
    Genji, I cannot play well. I feel like I do everything wrong.
    There's tonnes of D.Va players on PS4 I play with so it's superflous to learn to play her since someone else can and is more experienced/better
    Hanzo is just a bag of s**t imho, even with the Arrow hitbox and Aim assist on Console, just cannot stand playing him.
    crowseye wrote: »
    Hi if there's a boards group for competitive on ps4 please invite me, games with randomers is driving me daft!

Send me a friend request and I'll add you.

GenericDreadHead
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I see alot of people complain about charging a Zarya but if a teammate burst her bubble and the two people focus her she can't do anything because she'll be dead before she can kill anyone. We use this tactic all the time.

Focus the Healer then Zarya/Dva, after that work through the rest.

You can't pop a Zarya bubble though. It's just a matter of waiting for it to disappear on the timer.

Getting the hang of her has been a huge help but f**k me, she's really good as the 2nd tank, and you can get whooped if she's your only tank
    I've decided to be good at Mei. She's feckin hard. I feel like the frozen enemies thaw way quicker than when I'm on the receiving end of that freeze gun. The ice wall seems so powerful when you know how to use it right.

Mei is one of a handful of characters that is rarely a "Bad" pick and is usually Good -> Meta

Rhein, Pharah (if not cr@p), Lucio, Zarya, Zenyatta would fit that description too imho, at least on Console.

Hence I'd always recommend new players try and get used to a few of those cause you can "fall back" on picking them if you're not sure if you're contributing sufficently

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Must admit i've been using her too, mostly to deal with the endless DVa's.

I've had great success just rushing in and using the primary fire to slow and freeze, then instead of getting an icicle shot in just stick to the freeze, strafing around the back.

If you're on the front line chances are your team will be firing at the frozen enemy, and it's a great tactic against bigger health pools which are in fashion at the moment.

Tried it on Illios last night and by halfway through the second map my team had caught on and we were melting Dva and Roadhog with no trouble, all I had to do was slow them down.

That being said i did lose us a round by not using the icicle in a straight 1V1 with a reaper. Sometimes it's the only way :mad:

That DVa Armour change cannot come to Console soon enough -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You can't pop a Zarya bubble though. It's just a matter of waiting for it to disappear on the timer.

You can, it can only absorb so much damage (200 I think), after that it disappears.

Benzino wrote: »
    You can, it can only absorb so much damage (200 I think), after that it disappears.

But how come I can survive D.Va ults and the likes?

Can it just not be one-hit or something?

• Advertisement

But how come I can survive D.Va ults and the likes?

Can it just not be one-hit or something?

It'll absorb all the damage dealt by it, but it'll be destroyed afterwards. Likewise with the rip-tire.

It's the same as Reinhardt. His shield might only have a health of 1, but it'll still block all of D.Va's ult. The remaining damage (D.Va ult damage - 1, shield health) is nullified.

Benzino wrote: »
    It'll absorb all the damage dealt by it, but it'll be destroyed afterwards. Likewise with the rip-tire.

It's the same as Reinhardt. His shield might only have a health of 1, but it'll still block all of D.Va's ult. The remaining damage (D.Va ult damage - 1, shield health) is nullified.

Well, "Today I learned". I legit thought it was unkillable. That being siad, it lasts so short, by the time it's "Popped" it would usually have been finished anyhow 9/10 I guess.

Still not worth trying to "Pop" it I guess as the charge you feed her gun will probably be less worth dealing with vs waiting 0.5 a second longer for it to disaapear I guess

I'm not gonna charge her up anyway. Having played as her, I live for people charging me

One thing I've started doing is killing Junkrat, then walking over his deathblast and popping my shield on myself for some easy charge if there's no enemies around

Still not worth trying to "Pop" it I guess as the charge you feed her gun will probably be less worth dealing with vs waiting 0.5 a second longer for it to disaapear I guess

Depends on the situation I suppose and how much charge she already has. If 2+ people focus their fire on her, she will die fairly quickly. If she is already at full charge, no reason to wait, bring her down ASAP.
    I'm not gonna charge her up anyway. Having played as her, I live for people charging me

Joker-Yelling-Hit-Me-The-Dark-Knight.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When I talk about "Maining" I mean "I am currently playing a lot of this character", like 4+ hours of Gameplay in a short period of time

I've probably "Mained" about ~10 characters and would be decent with another ~6

Meanwhile,Genji, Hanzo, Sombra, Ana, D.va and Junkrat are the only 6 I don't play.

Ana and Junkrat (occasionaly) would be next on my "Learn to play" List.
    Sombra seems ok, but a little weak. Was waiting for the excitement over her to pass so I could actually try picking her in QP
    Genji, I cannot play well. I feel like I do everything wrong.
    There's tonnes of D.Va players on PS4 I play with so it's superflous to learn to play her since someone else can and is more experienced/better
    Hanzo is just a bag of s**t imho, even with the Arrow hitbox and Aim assist on Console, just cannot stand playing him.

Send me a friend request and I'll add you.

GenericDreadHead

Getting the hang of her has been a huge help but f**k me, she's really good as the 2nd tank, and you can get whooped if she's your only tank

Mei is one of a handful of characters that is rarely a "Bad" pick and is usually Good -> Meta

Rhein, Pharah (if not cr@p), Lucio, Zarya, Zenyatta would fit that description too imho, at least on Console.

Hence I'd always recommend new players try and get used to a few of those cause you can "fall back" on picking them if you're not sure if you're contributing sufficently

You can destroy a Zarya barrier. It has 200 HP as far as I'm aware

If she's low on health it is definitely worth while just blasting through it and finishing her off. Dead Zaryas have zero charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

That DVa Armour change cannot come to Console soon enough -_-

Wash you filthy mouth out!

When I use Ana's ult on Junkrat and he hides to use his ult...........

• Registered Users Posts: 33,767 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When I use Ana's ult on Junkrat and he hides to use his ult...........

Or a Reinhardt who stays still with his shield up... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It is a lot of pressure though :pac:

Penn wrote: »
    Or a Reinhardt who stays still with his shield up... :mad:

You might be in the wrong here though. Rein players don't hold their shield up facing an empty wall - they probably have a reason. I've been playing Rein a lot lately and a bunch of times I've had Ana fire off her ult at bad moments. My ult wasn't ready; the enemy wasn't pushing; I was under fire and low on HP; lots of reason that I wouldn't charge in - Rein is a big target once his shield is down, and suiciding can be the worst thing to do.

I've seen teams lose the game because their defense melted after a Reinhardt needlessly charged in after getting ulted and died.

Save it for when it's going to make the most difference. If you do it at the wrong time I'm sorry but I'll sit there and be a very shiny shield-bearer for eight seconds. I'm not wasting the ult, you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I also want to say that junkrat should never ever be ulted by anna?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like they're following up on the Mercy Genji romance that was hinted in the Christmas comic.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-voice-lines-point-to-a-valentines-day-ev/1100-6446761/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I also want to say that junkrat should never ever be ulted by anna?

I also want to say Junkrat never wants to be Ulted by Ana!

Leave that full frontal assault stuff to you big burly types :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    I also want to say Junkrat never wants to be Ulted by Ana!

Leave that full frontal assault stuff to you big burly types :D

Soldier, rein, genji reaper,roadhogg, maybe a sym if in a pinch and nobody else viable is nearby outside of that I genuinely cant think of anyone id boost

Winston is great to ult. Not with his ult though. His tickle gun turns into more of a mild tazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rein isn't always a great ult target since they removed the speed boost, if you just keep your distance he can't get to you.

Soldier, rein, genji reaper,roadhogg, maybe a sym if in a pinch and nobody else viable is nearby outside of that I genuinely cant think of anyone id boost

Sombra is actually pretty good if the timing is right. Pharah is not bad and absolutely lethal if she uses barrage. Roadhog is not a good choice in my experience. I really want to boost a good Tracer to see what happens but the one time I suggested it was all "No no don't do that". I've tried D.Va and Zarya in a pinch but nothing much ever comes of it.

Apparently if you nano mini-D.Va while her mech is self destructing you will give the explosion the damage boost.

Zillah wrote: »
    Sombra is actually pretty good if the timing is right. Pharah is not bad and absolutely lethal if she uses barrage. Roadhog is not a good choice in my experience. I really want to boost a good Tracer to see what happens but the one time I suggested it was all "No no don't do that". I've tried D.Va and Zarya in a pinch but nothing much ever comes of it.

Apparently if you nano mini-D.Va while her mech is self destructing you will give the explosion the damage boost.

Yeah but when was the last time you ever seen an ulting pharrah kill more than one person before she gets killed or stopped??

Yeah but when was the last time you ever seen an ulting pharrah kill more than one person before she gets killed or stopped??

Every time I play? I usually get two these days, sometimes three - it's been a while since I've gotten 4+ admittedly. Pharah will last a lot longer if she's nano'd and has momma Ana healing her as quickly as possible - she'll also kill anyone trying to take her down a lot faster if she's boosted too.

EDIT: Just happened (Zarya helps :D)
    https://gfycat.com/DistinctDefinitiveDoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

If anyone is looking to group up I find the youroverwatch discord server is pretty good. For PC and PS4.

Basically you won't get any leavers or troll junkrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement