Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking to group up I find the youroverwatch discord server is pretty good. For PC and PS4.

Basically you won't get any leavers or troll junkrats!

I had a guy playing sexy Junkrat the other day. It was brilliant. He just lay down in the grass on Eichenwaldt and the enemy team couldn't capture the first point and didn't notice him for ages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I had a guy playing sexy Junkrat the other day. It was brilliant. He just lay down in the grass on Eichenwaldt and the enemy team couldn't capture the first point and didn't notice him for ages :pac:

ha! I don't mind that if it works..if they are trying stuff like that the whole time and it's not working then it can get annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone had the payload glitch and freeze before?

Playing on Dorado last night, we got the payload up the hill just outside the church. Massive pitched battle and our team got wiped out. When we got back the payload was still in the same place with the enemy team around it. We killed all them but still the payload wouldn't move. In the end time just ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm going to bet you had a sneaky Junkrat lying down nearby sniggering quietly to himself.

https://youtu.be/2ZAcKm9GvBw?t=4m31s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    Has anyone had the payload glitch and freeze before?

Playing on Dorado last night, we got the payload up the hill just outside the church. Massive pitched battle and our team got wiped out. When we got back the payload was still in the same place with the enemy team around it. We killed all them but still the payload wouldn't move. In the end time just ran out.

If the team kill writing doesnt come up and it aint moving, someone is sneaking around on it, Personal favourite i seen was in hollywood a tracer moved boxes by the first choke point at the doors and just sat hidden in them for a good minute

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm going to bet you had a sneaky Junkrat lying down nearby sniggering quietly to himself.

https://youtu.be/2ZAcKm9GvBw?t=4m31s

I was wondering that but shouldn't the payload have started rolling back in the time between our team kill and getting back to the truck? It didn't move an inch either way.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I was wondering that but shouldn't the payload have started rolling back in the time between our team kill and getting back to the truck? It didn't move an inch either way.

it takes a good while for a single person to move it, but it could of went out of his range and he just stayed sitting

Huh. I must you back and watch the saved footage.

And start practicing sexy junkrat more.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

The toxicity in season 3 is unreal. Particularly the last few weeks, leavers, trolls, friendlies, people who tilt and go torb in spawn for ages.

I just get on with it but wondering does the report system do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Some funnies some of ye may not have seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That 4th video is awesome. Can't get the damn tune out of my head now!! :)

madcabbage wrote: »
    That 4th video is awesome. Can't get the damn tune out of my head now!! :)

Yeah, it's quiet the ear worm alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When Pharah and Mercy are on the other team, they perform a deadly aerial ballet of death together but when I'm Pharah, Mercy is too busy healing a full HP Roadhog to give me a hand.

Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1XG5i1Ojk

This is good lads, if you are in silver, and good advice in general. Have a loosie. Especially the part about playing your role. Id be evangelical about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1XG5i1Ojk

This is good lads, if you are in silver, and good advice in general. Have a loosie. Especially the part about playing your role. Id be evangelical about that

Pretty simple yet solid advice, I'm guilty of a few of those myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Common Sense stuff in there really,anyone playing competitive and doesn't follow those basic points shouldn't be playing competitive so in that respect its worth a watch.

Having said that I haven't played any comp this season yet, played season 1 without a regular team and it was a lottery.
    Tempted to just pug a bit again this season,had a few guys to team up with but they got bored and quit mostly because they couldn't get past the mindset of most fps games of "oh I can kill the enemy team alone".

I mostly just play quickplay for the craic [9 times out of 10 I end up having to play tank or healer] but even here I'm finding the community incredibly salty in chat,really doesn't inspire confidence of a better community in comp play.

Dcully wrote: »
    Common Sense stuff in there really,anyone playing competitive and doesn't follow those basic points shouldn't be playing competitive so in that respect its worth a watch.

Having said that I haven't played any comp this season yet, played season 1 without a regular team and it was a lottery.
    Tempted to just pug a bit again this season,had a few guys to team up with but they got bored and quit mostly because they couldn't get past the mindset of most fps games of "oh I can kill the enemy team alone".

I mostly just play quickplay for the craic [9 times out of 10 I end up having to play tank or healer] but even here I'm finding the community incredibly salty in chat,really doesn't inspire confidence of a better community in comp play.
    Competitive has alot of people that shouldnt be there, Lost 300 odd in the last few days due to teams with a comp of like anna, attack torb, mei etc, you just be like, why do i bother healing

Nothing wrong with Mei on almost any map/mode/attack/defense if you're decent with her.

EDIT: Same goes for Pharah imho. And obviously the Meta /Rhein or Zarya or Lucio too, but that's a given

Attack Torb on Temple of Anubis made me take a break from the game fro a few days though. I was salty

Nothing wrong with Mei on almost any map/mode/attack/defense if you're decent with her.

It is if there is an attack torb/hanzo also, You need certain things now days witht he way 3 tanks is so relevent there isn't a lot ofleeway for 2 different spots imo

Salty.

• Advertisement

It is if there is an attack torb/hanzo also, You need certain things now days witht he way 3 tanks is so relevent there isn't a lot ofleeway for 2 different spots imo

Well yeah, but that's like saying Lucio is rubbish if the rest of your team attacking is Symettra/Mercy/Zen/Ana. Context is everything. I can see how havign those 3 combined in attack would be an issue

Then again, I ff*king HATE having a Hanzo on my team, period.
    Comp/QP, good/bad. I don't want him around me

Then again, I ff*king HATE having a Hanzo on my team, period.
    Comp/QP, good/bad. I don't want him around me

Hahaha I agree with this so much. Played one competitive game last night, Eichenwalde. Picked Reinharte on attack then saw that my team mates had picked Hazo, Widowmaker, and Torbjorn. It was Hanzo that really bothered me. If he was cast out of the game forever I think I could be truly happy.

I actually said that, does anyone ever get killed by his ult anymore? Ugh there are some chars like hanzo in top tier players hands are gods, but otherwise are junk

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Had an attack team last night of widow, hanzo, torb, bastion, mcCree, and me as Rein. I was like "Why do I bother"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The being positive is a huge point. Also having incorrect info shouted is really annoying. I think I'm gonna take a step back to Quickplay and really practice with carachters I've let slide badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I actually said that, does anyone ever get killed by his ult anymore? Ugh there are some chars like hanzo in top tier players hands are gods, but otherwise are junk

His and zarya ult combined is deadly.

Benzino wrote: »
    His and zarya ult combined is deadly.

Same could be said for almost all heros though.

And 70% of them are more useful 90% of the time when not comboing their ult with Zarya

And 70% of them are more useful 90% of the time when not comboing their ult with Zarya

But that's like.... 160%!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭Penn

60% of the time it works every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

True, but his ult is probably the best to combine with, since Reinhardt can't shield it. Anyway, you should always combine ults so no reason why you can't get a couple of kills with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement