Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Heading online to try and claw my ranking back up on pc if anyone wants to join

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Benzino wrote: »
    True, but his ult is probably the best to combine with, since Reinhardt can't shield it. Anyway, you should always combine ults so no reason why you can't get a couple of kills with it.
    1. Sombra Ult to deny possible Zenyatta Ult.
    2. Zarya Ult to bunch.
    3. D'Va / Hanzo / Pharah Ult to wipe.

Timing would need to be good though. 6 sec's for Sombra and only 4 for Zarya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I despise Hanamura. The attacking teams always stomps point A and then it's 10 minutes of banging your head against a wall trying to take point B.

Even on defence, it's incredibly boring since it's very easy to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

1. Sombra Ult to deny possible Zenyatta Ult.
    2. Zarya Ult to bunch.
    3. D'Va / Hanzo / Pharah Ult to wipe.

Timing would need to be good though. 6 sec's for Sombra and only 4 for Zarya.

"Ok, everyone ready, let's go, I'm gonna go in 8 seconds..... 3.. 2... 1.. Alright"

uses ult

"Hold on, I'm not ready"

-___-

"Ok, everyone ready, let's go, I'm gonna go in 8 seconds..... 3.. 2... 1.. Alright"

uses ult

"Hold on, I'm not ready"

-___-

We are known for our skills of communication and synergy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This is good lads, if you are in silver, and good advice in general. Have a loosie. Especially the part about playing your role. Id be evangelical about that

It all sounds so obvious, but I'm looking forward to having a couple of games now and trying to keep each of these points in mind. I'm perma-silver this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Competitive has alot of people that shouldnt be there, Lost 300 odd in the last few days due to teams with a comp of like anna, attack torb, mei etc, you just be like, why do i bother healing

Ana is a top tier pick until this coming patch nerfs her...

That aside, there's so many idiots in comp...it's only gotten worse since S1. People will not swap off of heroes even if they're fúcking potatoes on them. I had a S76 refusing to swap because he had gold medal for damage (against a heap of tanks) but was killing absolutely nobody. It seems people still haven't figured out that damage means sweet fup all in this game because healers and shields exist.

Ana is a top tier pick until this coming patch nerfs her...

That aside, there's so many idiots in comp...it's only gotten worse since S1. People will not swap off of heroes even if they're fúcking potatoes on them. I had a S76 refusing to swap because he had gold medal for damage (against a heap of tanks) but was killing absolutely nobody. It seems people still haven't figured out that damage means sweet fup all in this game because healers and shields exist.

She'll still be top, even with nerf still best burst healing, also medals are a stupid way of doing styff, you get a kill if you do 1 hp damage within 5 seconds of death

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have an urge to try and learn Mercy, but I think that's because I enjoy thankless tasks.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I despise Hanamura. The attacking teams always stomps point A and then it's 10 minutes of banging your head against a wall trying to take point B.

Even on defence, it's incredibly boring since it's very easy to hold.

Temple of Anubis marginally is worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

fixxxer wrote: »
    I have an urge to try and learn Mercy, but I think that's because I enjoy thankless tasks.

If you can get a Phara and/or Rein to hang around with you, you can get some real work done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Grayditch wrote: »
    If you can get a Phara and/or Rein to hang around with you, you can get some real work done.
    Power boosting a Bastion is where the fun is :P (or that occasional God like Widow/Hanzo player who knows how to hit).

Save up 3-4 Ults and Use em all at once.... even if you "feed" for 3+ minutes to charge your ult, if you have say Lucio+Zarya+Soldier+Rheinheart, you will get a team wipe, just have a contingency plan to "bait" their counter ults, like Zen. Hello, it'd happily see a team mate waste an ult just to ensure our combo of utls doesn't get countered

• Registered Users Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At least with ToA, Point B is more open. You can attack at the sides, or with some characters go over the bottleneck. Hanamura, if a Bastion or Torb on defense sets up behind Point B to the right, they have the whole thing covered. Can be a f*cking nightmare.

Also, biggest bugbear at the minute is when playing Mystery Heroes and people won't concentrate their fire on the Torb/Symmetra. Kill them and their turrets will disappear when they respawn! Stop shooting the turrets while Torb/Sym shoots you, meaning they just set up new turrets after you die... again...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I started playing on US serves, fine if you're not a soldier or mcree main.

A lot more talking even down at the low mid gold level. Lot more people want to heal too. Worth a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone have issues with stuttering on the EU servers? I seem to be fine playing on the US ones even with 100+ ms ping which seems daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Both were working fine for me an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I honestly don't get this.... why are people actually trolling in ranked games. Like being toxic about team comp and troll picking torb on attack and then being afk at spawn for the whole game. People need a fúcking swift thump with the banhammer for that, permanently ban them from playing the game and let them fork out another 40 euro if they want to play again.

I honestly don't get this.... why are people actually trolling in ranked games. Like being toxic about team comp and troll picking torb on attack and then being afk at spawn for the whole game. People need a fúcking swift thump with the banhammer for that, permanently ban them from playing the game and let them fork out another 40 euro if they want to play again.

People have a cod mentality of deathmach. Oh I killed their hanzo 10 times, yeah but did you kill anyone standing on the point? Did you defend the point? This game isn't all about kd and they get pissy if you call them out on it. These days I mainly fill in as ana or rein. If I'm in a ****ty team I'll just bring out reaper as he's a char I enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I thought this was funny

https://youtu.be/-SFBuIN-Bz0

Reinhardt charges in and the entire enemy team turns around to chase him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New event...

https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/821900007649329153

Now that skin for Mei looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got pissed off today, a guy wouldn swap off of symm on illios, also had a junk, said **** it at 1-0 down, went as widow cos **** it, can sometimes carry one, not 2, ended up going 22-4 and we won the whole thing....cue everyone laughing in our junk trash team

Overwatch Highlight Intros with Cats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

*new player question klaxon*

What's the point of the Winston intro video? It's like a story mode tease.

*new player question klaxon*

What's the point of the Winston intro video? It's like a story mode tease.

I think Winston was left in charge of the Overwatch mainframe or something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I think Winston was left in charge of the Overwatch mainframe or something something.

Go on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Go on.....

If it's story you're after, best to go back to Destiny.

Go on.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    If it's story you're after, best to go back to Destiny battleborn borderlands the witcher.

FYP :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement