Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yea QP is basically competitive but no points gained or lost.

Is it? I had no idea it was like that in QP? News to me anywho

Sometimes I play with some friends in QP who are beginners and its notably easier for me and way harder for them when we group up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sometimes I play with some friends in QP who are beginners and its notably easier for me and way harder for them when we group up.

I've had this happen to me too on PS4 when playing with newish players

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Quick question, What is your course of action with the following;

You have team comp of Rein (you) phara, lucio, ana, hog and junkrat. It's a decent composition for defence on a payload map, kings row.

Enemy team has a similar comp apart from the D.va. but their Phara is putting in major work. The junkrat pipes up after we start getting rolled, "that Phara is killing us, we need to do something"

Since we are 2/2/2 I would think one of the dps should switch, maybe even one of the healers to a zen and discord phara as she's really causing problems. I suggested that the dps switch, they won't.

I eventually switched to winston, not a hard counter but it did ok, eventually forced the enemy phara player to switch, to a reaper.. lost the game 6-1 in extra time.. (.2m from 2nd point and they all ran off the payload to chase a widow)

I don't mind switching but I'm tired of trying to fill the gaps and not play the heroes I want to play, more so in teams that aren't bothering and doing what they want (run off and no regroup, NOT standing on the payload, not standing behind a rein shield).

So what do you lot do in this situation? Do you come off rein to try and sort that problem or again suggest someone else do it (if you are a tank).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    Quick question, What is your course of action with the following;

You have team comp of Rein (you) phara, lucio, ana, hog and junkrat. It's a decent composition for defence on a payload map, kings row.

Enemy team has a similar comp apart from the D.va. but their Phara is putting in major work. The junkrat pipes up after we start getting rolled, "that Phara is killing us, we need to do something"

Since we are 2/2/2 I would think one of the dps should switch, maybe even one of the healers to a zen and discord phara as she's really causing problems. I suggested that the dps switch, they won't.

I eventually switched to winston, not a hard counter but it did ok, eventually forced the enemy phara player to switch, to a reaper.. lost the game 6-1 in extra time.. (.2m from 2nd point and they all ran off the payload to chase a widow)

So what do you lot do in this situation? Do you come off rein to try and sort that problem or again suggest someone else do it (if you are a tank).

I don't mind switching but I'm tired of trying to fill the gaps and not play the heroes I want to play, more so in teams that aren't bothering and doing what they want (run off and no regroup, NOT standing on the payload, not standing behind a rein shield).

Are you Rein? I wouldn't switch him for Winston. Two healers is fine especially Lucio and Anna. Junkrat should be doing good damage and constantly taking down the enemy Rein shield and allowing Hog to get picks.

To me the Pharah should switch to Solider/McCree if she's not managing to kill the enemy Pharah.

A Junkrat asking other players to change? I'd have muted him

"I got Gold, 8k Damage" - Well done mate, 7k of that was a Rheinheart shield that you dropped that no one else followed on by capitalising. Not much use if Pharah is picking you guys off like flies

But anyway, your comp might be 2/2/2 but that group you listed has very little range.

Bastion, McCree, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Soldier 76, what were you going to do to any of those heros if they are 20 metres away and your Pharah is down? They can pump rounds into you guy tanks, your shields or squishies.

Also, imho Ana + Lucio is unnecessary. I prefer if I have a 2nd support, they will a role like Symettra or Zenyatta.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you Rein? I wouldn't switch him for Winston. Two healers is fine especially Lucio and Anna. Junkrat should be doing good damage and constantly taking down the enemy Rein shield and allowing Hog to get picks.

To me the Pharah should switch to Solider/McCree if she's not managing to kill the enemy Pharah.

But neither will, so do you just let the phara have her way.. the phara wasn't amazing either it was just we didn't really have any way of stopping her (our phara was atrocious), and yes I played Rein, only really because we had to have one.

But neither will, so do you just let the phara have her way.. the phara wasn't amazing either it was just we didn't really have any way of stopping her (our phara was atrocious), and yes I played Rein, only really because we had to have one.

Are these friends of yours or just randoms?
    Was it Comp or QP?
    I'm assuming this is PC since randoms rarely opt in to voice chat (thanks be to god)

I'd have just left regardless (unless it was Comp, i'd have accpeted the loss and taken a break).
    If you were doing your job and 2 inneffective hereos refused to change- F**k em

Are these friends of yours or just randoms?
    Was it Comp or QP?
    I'm assuming this is PC since randoms rarely opt in to voice chat (thanks be to god)

comp of course, wouldn't be bothered by it in QP and yes it's SQ on PC.

• Advertisement

Problem is with Humans and Not Map/Meta/Comp/Game Mode

Idiots are gonna f**king idiot and cost you games no matter what you do

You just have to not let it get to you then. Sometimes people just can't play anything else/won't play anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

junk should change to me in this, soldier mcree is better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dump reinhardt pick Hanzo. Problem solved.

junk should change to me in this, soldier mcree is better

But Pharah isn't doing work at all. At least if the Junkrat keeps the enemy Rein shield down Hog can get picks.

Also if Junk is keeping that shield down it gives our Rein way more opportunities to Hammerdown.

This all hinges on him actually focusing on the shield and getting additional splash damage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

One of your dps in that situation should of been switching out to soldier/mcree/widow. Your comp had zero range and the change to Winston may not have done much in the grand scheme but at least you were willing to switch. I would not have sacrificed the Rhein shields though and your team deffo felt it.

A good DVA at a push can at least act as a sponge with her jump jets and take her shots out of contention. The problem with Pharah now is that she is practically godlike. Add to this the player not even having to be very skilled and you have an airborne wrecking machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

One of your dps in that situation should of been switching out to soldier/mcree/widow. Your comp had zero range and the change to Winston may not have done much in the grand scheme but at least you were willing to switch. I would not have sacrificed the Rhein shields though and your team deffo felt it.

A good DVA at a push can at least act as a sponge with her jump jets and take her shots out of contention. The problem with Pharah now is that she is practically godlike. Add to this the player not even having to be very skilled and you have an airborne wrecking machine.

f46751ff5e59d96916933944572d545e6f1652da50409768059f4b4bbbbc290e.jpg

Oh seems people are getting fixated on the junkrat, he did speak up but he wasn't exactly playing badly. Like no one was having a terrible game but we weren't solving a problem, the enemy phara and she was making the difference. Our phara wasn't as good in comparison but not awful either, I've played with worse.

I'm in Platinum at the minute on Xbox. The biggest thing to swing a game is Pharah/Solider. If Solider wins the fights his team win, if Pharah wins her team wins.

I'm lucky enough to play with a guy who is excellent with both of those and Mei so he really does great work for our team depending on the situation.

For me on Xbox if you've mastered Pharah you'll climb to Diamond fairly quickly because a lot of Solider/McCree at this level just are not that good at taking you down quick enough.

f46751ff5e59d96916933944572d545e6f1652da50409768059f4b4bbbbc290e.jpg

It's true brah!

• Advertisement

Pharah is not a Pharah counter though. You had no Counter for Pharah and your Comp had no Range.

I'm a passive aggressive ole b****x though so I'd have directed them to the App store so they can download a free app to show which Heros counter which.
    Teach a man to fish

For me on Xbox if you've mastered Pharah you'll climb to Diamond fairly quickly because a lot of Solider/McCree at this level just are not that good at taking you down quick enough.

This, at bronze/silver, a lot of people just cannot track a Pharah proper to drop her. I am actually gonna try get good with her. I have been gettin wrecked with her over the past few nights.

This, at bronze/silver, a lot of people just cannot track a Pharah proper to drop her. I am actually gonna try get good with her. I have been gettin wrecked with her over the past few nights.

she's great fun, I started with her but might main with her again since they altered her boosting ability.

The guy I play with who is good with her has played with her since day one and always did a good job.

Since she got buffed a few weeks ago he's been wrecking with here. Team up with a Zen and stick a harmony orb on him and I'll discord targets and he'll kill them straight off.

Pharah is bloody great when you get the hang of her flying and leading shots and picking targets.

The guy I play with who is good with her has played with her since day one and always did a good job.

Since she got buffed a few weeks ago he's been wrecking with here. Team up with a Zen and stick a harmony orb on him and I'll discord targets and he'll kill them straight off.

It's fackin splash damage too! She can soften multiple targets even if she is not getting kill shots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pharmacy op atm. I like junkl and i like using him, but if pharrahs in play i change to combat pharrah

Pharmacy op atm. I like junkl and i like using him, but if pharrahs in play i change to combat pharrah

.... Or Soldier 76

Yes I'm seeing a lot of that but with Mercy sticking to Pharah your leaving the rest of your team a little light, especially without a Zen to discord.

• Advertisement

Yes I'm seeing a lot of that but with Mercy sticking to Pharah your leaving the rest of your team a little light, especially without a Zen to discord.

Seeing it on PS4 loads too. Thing is, it's all about if they succeed in getting a few picks right out of the gate. If you drop em fast, it leaves the remaining 4 in a very bad postition

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement