Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got a signature Torbjorn POTG last night. Died, went Molten Core when walking back to the point from Spawn and got 3 kills. All the cam showed was me going for a stroll.

It's the only time where I've actually remembered to put a spray down after a big play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When you get pissed off and lash out at an opposition player who keeps killing you

https://youtu.be/yUkeAfu89ms

That game was a good example of team work actually. Terrible first round, so we swapped a couple of things around and ended up steam rolling the next two. Very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Playing lots of Mercy just because I got her snazzy new outfit and highlight intro.

Thought I had a POTG wrapped up to show it off when I rezzed 3 on the point which ended up winning us the game but nope, Hanzo playing peek-a-boo behind a corner and blindly killing two people was deemed better.

God, I hate Hanzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

After my game where we received a battering by Phara (see post #3336) I decided to try her out again. Used to play a lot of Phara when Overwatch first came out but not since they buffed her with movement. What a hero, so underused, having great fun.

Stating to see a lot more Hanzo mains who are decent too, it's a bit like phara, aiming where the enemy is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    After my game where we received a battering by Phara (see post #3336) I decided to try her out again. Used to play a lot of Phara when Overwatch first came out but not since they buffed her with movement. What a hero, so underused, having great fun.

Stating to see a lot more Hanzo mains who are decent too, it's a bit like phara, aiming where the enemy is going!

With the recent changes the 3 tank meta is starting to die off so hanzos, widows macrees etc are viable again

• Advertisement

With the recent changes the 3 tank meta is starting to die off so hanzos, widows macrees etc are viable again

tbh, my sr is so average I never saw the 3 tank meta and whend I did encounter it, it rarely had a roadhog so could never be implemented correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Servers seem to be down on PlayStation anyway.

Yeah kicked me out of a game we'd just won. Hope I still got the SR points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fine on Xbox. I've literally just turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Decided on a whim to give Hanzo a go for a few QP matches. In about 90 minutes of play I've had no less than 4 POTGs. This is great.

• Advertisement

Servers were only down for 5 or 6 mins or so. I got back in soon after getting kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hope they patch D.Va soon. When you leave her mech, the voice line menu randomly appears when you press the jump or defence matrix buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Toggle button for Mercy seems to be f*cked, constantly changes between rounds of games.

A Neurotic wrote:
    Decided on a whim to give Hanzo a go for a few QP matches. In about 90 minutes of play I've had no less than 4 POTGs. This is great.

I did the same for bastion. Never used him so gave him a go. Gold kills Objective kills and damage. Silver healing. POTG too. You can feel the hate from the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Had a great round of games tonight. One of those rare occasions when you manage to team up with 5 other random players on QP who seem to know what they're doing. Ended up staying together for the guts of two hours.

After all the talk of Pharah in the thread I decided to give her a bash. For DPS she's amazing; her Rains from above phrase is apt. The only stumbling blocks I encountered were when I was locked in an aerial battle with another Pharah, or when I had a half-decent sniper out to get me. I know I'll need to work on my positioning if I stick at playing her.

I've been practicing witb Sombra a bit. I'm enjoying how she can really neutralise Tracer with the hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I am getting the absolute worst matchmaking lately. Had a streak of about 12 games where no matter what I did I could not get a team willing to work together, pick a decent hero balance, combo ults, or do anything other than lose. Plummeted about 400 SR. Broken that streak a little bit today but every win is an absolute walk over, feel like we're bullying them.

Just now I had a Zarya who seemed completely incapable of comboing ults. Agreed to combo, then fired off not once, not twice, but three times where I wasn't in range. The team nature of this game is infuriating some times.

Just had a game where
    A: McCree kept demanding healing when he was full, then later whined at me (Ana) for doing dps instead of healing (I wasn't)
    B: Had a Sombra player who wouldn't support the team and kept solo-flanking
    C: A Winston who whined at me for boosting someone other than him (also the only person not in team chat)
    D: Someone rage quit blaming Sombra for our loss, and
    E: a third player, our Rein started suiciding off the map because he felt Sombra wasn't doing well enough.

Honestly it feels like a gang of brain damaged children some times.

And last game of the evening is a total cake walk.

The amount of people leaving a competitive game before it begins, presumably because they don't like the line up of the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm so glad in a sense that I don't have to listen to randoms blueberries on PS4 95% of the time, and anyone randomly on mic is usually not speaking English I've found

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Only play when you are playing with friends - Random is ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Only play when you are playing with friends - Random is ****.

I do play QP and Arcade with Randoms, but I get salty enough without listening to moaning/$hite talk enough as it is. The flip side being others don't have to hear me criticise them too since I'll be on mute anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I do play QP and Arcade with Randoms, but I get salty enough without listening to moaning/$hite talk enough as it is. The flip side being others don't have to hear me criticise them too since I'll be on mute anyway :D

And the Lord giveth a great gift to the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Zillah wrote:
    B: Had a Sombra player who wouldn't support the team and kept solo-flanking

Honest question, is this not Sombra's whole design or have I missed the point of her kit completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Honest question, is this not Sombra's whole design or have I missed the point of her kit completely?

Hide, attack the healers at the back and get your beam charged up and either run away or go after the attack/tanks.

Edit: I thought we were talking about Symetra. My bad :pac:

I think this is probably the worst problem in Overwatch in that streaks happen all too regularly and there is nothing you can do to stem the slow slide down. The SR gains/loses seem to be based on the length of your win or lose streak rather than how you perform. I think it harms you if you're a consistent player but maybe had an unlucky run like you've had. I've seen people rank up to platinum/diamond and end up down in silver, is this player good and having a terrible run or is s/he a silver player and got carried?

There was an interesting video by the youroverwatch crew on the topic today which highlights the problem and makes some valid points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

A Neurotic wrote: »

That's how a lot of people interpreted her kit, but it doesn't work very well. She just runs around achieving little. If you stick with the team and hack everything you can get your sights on, and use the cloak and teleport for short range manoeuvring, you can actually do a much better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just bought this on pc.......getting fcuked at every turn :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

We went on a bad losing run last night but we didnt play bad at all. Some maps we were just minced on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    We went on a bad losing run last night but we didnt play bad at all. Some maps we were just minced on.

Ah sure, isn't that how you learn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah sure, isn't that how you learn?

Nooooooo, you learn with books and stuff :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement