Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nooooooo, you learn with books and stuff :pac:

1679402-idiocracy2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bastion changes incoming

Here are some high level stuff we're likely to have testable in the next PTR:

Recon Mode - Lowered spread and increased magazine size, to help with general viability in this mode.

Sentry Mode - We're looking at focusing this mode into more of a tank-buster and barrier-buster mode, while also making it feel less suicidal to be transformed. To that end we're testing stuff like increased spread and removing headshots, but taking less damage while transformed.

Self-Repair - We've been testing a few big changes to this that are feeling really good so far. Currently our internal build has Bastion able to use Self-Repair while moving and also having it no longer interrupted when taking damage. To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went). These changes have turned this ability from a more niche rarely used ability, to a much more powerful and core survivability tool.

We're still testing and tweaking things with Bastion but we'll hopefully have a PTR build coming fairly soon so you guys can try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

He is still formidable today. NOt as bad as at launch when no one knew what to do with him. Pharah ends him quick, or do what I do, rocket boost in with shields up as DVA and mince him in close

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Using Reinhardt and Winston a lot again. It really is a test of self control and discipline with the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't say I notice a Ana nerf at all. She's still the main healer and capable of keeping three tanks up no problem.

• Advertisement

I thought the offensive abilities of her grenade are far more OP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd a strange one last night.

On Dorado we had defense first. The enemy team walked through us because our team was full of strange picks. They got to the end fairly quickly. We switched a few things around and got there as well but it took Overtime.

We attacked first in round two and got half way to point two, just before the second bridge choke.

We set up to defend and manage to hold at the fountain at point 1. They had a Hanzo on their team and he must have had four ults in that time. He played really well.

In the very next game the Hanzo is put on our team on Hanamura attack and troll picks a Torb and then on defense he picks Mei and keeps blocking our bullets and then blocks us to the left of the gate and let's the enemy team walked through :(

I was so pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That's Hanzo for you

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(but yeah, that effing sucks)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's Hanzo for you

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I messaged him and asked him to pick Hanzo.... I never thought I'd see the day I'd do that :pac:

Playing Mercy really opens your eyes to people's stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

J. Marston wrote: »

A tough, thankless gig.

I don't care if it's toxic or whatever, if you're going with Torbjorn on attack with payload/hybrid maps, you're just a twat.

A waste of 5-10 minutes for the 5 other people who have to put up with getting stomped because it's basically 6 vs 5.

I get a lot of Hanzo asking for healing by without helping you out with so much as a step into line of sight up on a roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,775 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had a game of Mystery Heroes last night on Ilios (Ruins and Well) where since I didn't die, I was Mercy for both.

We took control of both points at the start the rounds. Lost count of how many Bastions/Reinhardts I let saunter off to their deaths in the first round because they'd go chasing after a Lucio or Genji away from the point rather than staying there and defending it. Thankfully they got the message in the second round and stayed near the point and got regular heals and damage boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Looking forward to coming on and playing some Mystery Heroes tonight - at first I was just doing it for the weekly loot boxes but it's turned into a bit of a favourite.

No guilt for playing characters i'm normally bad with, and it's a little less sweaty than quick play for when you need a break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

6 torbjorn's are great fun :D

Looking forward to coming on and playing some Mystery Heroes tonight - at first I was just doing it for the weekly loot boxes but it's turned into a bit of a favourite.

No guilt for playing characters i'm normally bad with, and it's a little less sweaty than quick play for when you need a break.

It's pretty much all I play. The pure roll of the 23-sided dice every time you die and are waiting to respawn just adds another level to it. Praying that after having bad picks, that you might finally get a hero with who you can break a choke or point and change the whole run of the match. Or to at least take out their Bastion or Torbjorn and hoping they get a bad pick when they respawn. And I'm much more comfortable with the likes of Zarya, Winston, Lucio and Sombra now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I thought Roadhog was going to suck after Hook 2.0 but I'm having a great time now. Had the game of my life with him on Hanamura defense he other night. Hook kill, hook kill over and over. I might never play Overwatch again now, wont get better than that was.

Anyone know if that DVA nerf has been put out? She looks and feels the same when I have been playing with her lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know if that DVA nerf has been put out? She looks and feels the same when I have been playing with her lately

I definately noticed she gets melted quicker, have to think before diving in now I feel.

• Advertisement

I dunno if it has been implemented on console but I'm on PS4 and I've been able to take her down a lot easier than when the buff came out and she was ruining me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm playing more Reaper recently, the D'Vas I'm coming up against are definitely feeling the change :pac:

Yeh i seem to be spending more time out of mech than in it and not melting people as quick. Itsweird though as it still has 600/600 on her health/armour? Was that not meant to have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah the nerf was applied. You can see the patch notes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeh i seem to be spending more time out of mech than in it and not melting people as quick. Itsweird though as it still has 600/600 on her health/armour? Was that not meant to have changed?

They increased her health from 200 to 400, and reduced her armour from 400 to 200.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I thought Roadhog was going to suck after Hook 2.0 but I'm having a great time now. Had the game of my life with him on Hanamura defense he other night. Hook kill, hook kill over and over. I might never play Overwatch again now, wont get better than that was.

Ha, same here last night, I was S76 on Gibraltar Defend in Mystery Heroes. We held them at the start for the whole match. Payload barely moved an inch. Just had one of those matches where all the stars aligned. Every helix rocket landed. Self-heal was there when I needed it. Regular flanks got me behind 2/3 of them. Widowmaker's shots just whizzed by my head. It was awesome :D

Benzino wrote: »
    They increased her health from 200 to 400, and reduced her armour from 400 to 200.

Ok thanks, i could of sworn i still seen the health/armor still at 600 on the readout in game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Benzino wrote: »
    Ok thanks, i could of sworn i still seen the health/armor still at 600 on the readout in game

200 + 400 = 400 + 200 :D

Ah im an idiot dont mind me, makes sense now

• Advertisement

200 + 400 = 400 + 200 :D

Aren't you great with your maths!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement