Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I only hit level 25 over the weekend. Playing competitive with randoms is so frustrating; it's so rare that someone doesn't drop out of the game within the first 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't be even dealing with competitive anymore until I sort myself out a team.

Until then it's Quickplay and Mystery Heroes all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ok, I'm finally starting to warm up to Oasis, probably because of encounters like this

https://youtu.be/FIC-_8mIf4k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ok, I'm finally starting to warm up to Oasis, probably because of encounters like this

Why did you hook the first time? You were right on top of him and had the jump on him. When you threw the hook you gave him time to Flashbang you.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why did you hook the first time? You were right on top of him and had the jump on him. When you threw the hook you gave him time to Flashbang you.

I like to hook :) It was just a QP match with some lower level friends so there was more show boating than killer instinct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Level 23&1/2......... finally getting there, had a few more good games with Mercy last night, changed the layout for controller and doing far better. Totz was kept alive well as D'va in 1 game. Got a nice team res right at the end on the payload too :D Played some more soldier and had serious fun with him :D

Hopefully get 25 later if I can get on and start my placements :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Notorious wrote: »
    I only hit level 25 over the weekend. Playing competitive with randoms is so frustrating; it's so rare that someone doesn't drop out of the game within the first 2 mins.

Are u on PS4? If so we have a regular group here we can add u to

Roadhog's laugh after killing someone genuinely infuriates me sometimes. I almost never play as him.

Roadhog's laugh after killing someone genuinely infuriates me sometimes. I almost never play as him.

What?? I honestly find that one of the best parts of playing Roadhog. Genjii tried to Ult me before, after a little one v one stand off. He had so little health left I killed him with a hook. Roadhog roaring laughing fit perfectly :D

What?? I honestly find that one of the best parts of playing Roadhog. Genjii tried to Ult me before, after a little one v one stand off. He had so little health left I killed him with a hook. Roadhog roaring laughing fit perfectly :D

Not so good being the receiving end of a bull**** hook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I got a warning on the lower left when I logged in today, "repeatedly leaving matches early will result in a penalty".

I didn't realise that if you left QP mid way through to either join a group request or just to leave you got a penatly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sight808 wrote: »
    I got a warning on the lower left when I logged in today, "repeatedly leaving matches early will result in a penalty".

I didn't realise that if you left QP mid way through to either join a group request or just to leave you got a penatly!

Yup. You can leave within the first 30 seconds at the very start without incurring a penalty, but I'd still not want to push that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can leave without penalties during the 30 seconds when it says "Assemble your Team" if you leave at any point after that, including the 30-60 seconds of time in the Spawn room or setting up your defences, it counts as you bailing.

Bail too often and you get penalised and receive vastly reduced XP until your Completed matches to Left matches ratio climbs back above a certain threashold. If you leave more, it gets even worse, and eventually can lead to bans

I have no idea why you'd think that leaving isn't leaving, just cause you were joining friends. You still left a game.
    I have no tolerance for leavers (heck, I've been on the receiving end of these XP penalties myself from leaving Troll Comp groups in S1 & S2, which is like a double down on a bad experience for me, but I digress).
    It's selfish and in such a teamwork/class heavy type of game, you're really cutting the legs out from under your team. Your friends can wait a few minutes if they want you to play with them that badly.

That being said, if it's only a few times, you probably won't be penalised. Just keep an eye on it, I'll often just finish out a game for this reason and also, well, it's just the decent thing to do, bailing on a team, even randoms is pretty cr@appy.

Well unless they have a Hanzo. Then f**k em

Aaaannnnd Unsubbed from Lone Hawk.

God that guy got a serious ego fast. Used to be fairly handy to watch, but now he's a dope.

You can leave without penalties during the 30 seconds when it says "Assemble your Team" if you leave at any point after that, including the 30-60 seconds of time in the Spawn room or setting up your defences, it counts as you bailing.

Bail too often and you get penalised and receive vastly reduced XP until your Completed matches to Left matches ratio climbs back above a certain threashold. If you leave more, it gets even worse, and eventually can lead to bans

I have no idea why you'd think that leaving isn't leaving, just cause you were joining friends. You still left a game.
    I have no tolerance for leavers (heck, I've been on the receiving end of these XP penalties myself from leaving Troll Comp groups in S1 & S2, which is like a double down on a bad experience for me, but I digress).
    It's selfish and in such a teamwork/class heavy type of game, you're really cutting the legs out from under your team. Your friends can wait a few minutes if they want you to play with them that badly.

That being said, if it's only a few times, you probably won't be penalised. Just keep an eye on it, I'll often just finish out a game for this reason and also, well, it's just the decent thing to do, bailing on a team, even randoms is pretty cr@appy.

It's quick play though which I thought/should be far more casual. It's even in the game title..QUICK PLAY.

If I fork out nearly 60 quid for a game, played hundreds of hours since release, I shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with friends or maybe leaving at sudden notice in a game mode that's called quick play. I can't find in game where it says if you leave you can be penalised. At least then I'd know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mei's is worse after she gets a melee kill. It hilarious when you do it but when you're on the end of it, instant tilt.

It's quick play though which I thought/should be far more casual. It's even in the game title..QUICK PLAY.

I understand what you are saying. But I simply disagree.

It is based on the most recent 20 games you have played.
    You have to leave a few games in your last 20 to get a warning, and a few more to get the 75% XP reduction.
    My only issue is it counts disconnects as leaving. Aside from that, the system is there to discourage leavers and it does so.
    I fork out nearly 60 quid for a game, played hundreds of hours since release, I shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with friends or maybe leaving at sudden notice in a game mode that's called quick play.

The game isn't punishing you for playing with friends. The game encoruages and rewards you for this.
    The game is penalising you for repeated instances of leaving over your last 20 games.
    The 2 things are separate.
    II can't find in game where it says if you leave you can be penalised.

You got a pop up telling you this. So you do know. That's how the system works.

I understand what you are saying. But I simply disagree.

It is based on the most recent 20 games you have played.
    You have to leave a few games in your last 20 to get a warning, and a few more to get the 75% XP reduction.
    My only issue is it counts disconnects as leaving. Aside from that, the system is there to discourage leavers and it does so.

I think punishment for leaving in competative is fine and you are notified about the possibilities of it. But getting stung for a qp mode that just offers up xp for a pointless number on your profile is ridiculous, particulaly when you aren't told at any point in game, which I think is my main gripe really.

At least if there was some notifcation then i can decide if I want to play based on the time I have available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I can't find in game where it says if you leave you can be penalised. At least then I'd know.
    It does not say in game you can't use wallhacks, aimbots or compare everyone to Hitler in chat either but I'm betting you did not think any of those were acceptable either. You are obviously aware of the leaving policy and done so quite a bit to be hit by the warning as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I very rarely leave a game unless it's an emergency and I don't leave Comp games fullstop.

Last week though on Tuesday evening I got kicked from a Competitive game that was really close. Two games later another lad in the party gets kicked.

Same happened on the Wednesday, close game and I'm kicked to the home Xbox Menu and can't log in at all for about 10 minutes, loose party connection as well.

So I get a ban.

Pissed me off because I never leave and my Fibre is very steady with the Xbox wired to the router so no drops in WiFi and about a 10m/s Ping.

Yeah, it's a balls that disconnects count too. Blizzard cannot tell the difference (apparently) between leaving and network issues :/

Nody wrote: »
    It does not say in game you can't use wallhacks, aimbots or compare everyone to Hitler in chat either but I'm betting you did not think any of those were acceptable either. You are obviously aware of the leaving policy and done so quite a bit to be hit by the warning as well.

TBH, comparing me to people who go out of the way to cheat a system, while I leave a few games (3) of a mode called "quick play" to join friends isn't comparable and not on.

People here seem to think I'm that guy who leaves in competative, for the laugh or the player who picks junkrat regardless fo the situation and won't switch. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to stay until a game is over but my issue is wanting at least some form of notification BEFORE I join a non-competative game that there is a possibility for getting a penalty for leaving. You can right click and gather info on all the other game modes and find out there, but there isn't one for QP. When leaving a competative game you are notified of the consequences, you aren't with QP - it just asks if you are sure you want to leave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wahoo...... I hit 25 :D

Have 4 placement matches done and my god they are tough. So far I have 1 Win, 1 Draw and 2 Loses :( In the drawn game tho I went beast mode with soldier so done really well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

A world of salt awaits you my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah, it's a balls that disconnects count too. Blizzard cannot tell the difference (apparently) between leaving and network issues :/

It's not physically possible. How are they to know I didn't just yank the ethernet cable?

A world of salt awaits you my friend.

Its ok, I've already played with Generic :pac:

IgnorantElaborateIndianjackal.gif

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its ok, I've already played with Generic :pac:

WNPqBjg.jpg

• Advertisement

AthleticSilverAuk.gif

This discussion has been closed.