Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SoggyPaleBeardeddragon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Love that Roadhog one :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Love that Roadhog one :D

It's obviously just pi$$ poor luck, still a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's obviously just pi$$ poor luck, still a good one.

Yup. After finding out you can hook a riptyre the hard way I can sympathise.

Don't know if anyone has seen this before, but here are the faces behind the voices:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lost a Mystery Heroes on Oasis earlier and near threw my controller through the window. We were tied 1-1 and the final match was in the one with the jump pad. For the entire... f*cking... match we had one guy who stayed on the jump pad. Just up and down... up and down... up and down... died... up and down... up and down... up and down... He was a Genji, Tracer and Roadhog, and I don't think he hit a single f*cking thing.

Also had a Hanzo emoting in the spawn area during a match and a Zarya who left the payload when fighting a Zenyatta allowing him to move it the final 0.5m to win.

Being able to see what your teammates are doing while you're waiting to respawn can be one of the most infuriating f*cking things...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Got a message that my SR had decayed as i hadn't played Competitive in a week, went down 50 SR!

Didn't think it'd be that much.

Panicked and played two matches without warming up and got hosed in both, dropped below 3000 for the first time this season. Serves me right for just playing QP and Arcade but i just haven't got any comp mojo at all recently.

Next season, gonna turn it all around...maybe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Done my placement matches and got 1657 :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Done my placement matches and got 1657 :D

Apologies again for bailing last night. It defo caused a loss in that match. Just couldn't risk it again in another match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Apologies again for bailing last night. It defo caused a loss in that match. Just couldn't risk it again in another match.

Was a tough weekend for everyone in our group comp wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Good to see the Boards contingent is struggling on all platforms :D

Its still great fun though isn't it. Was playing Doom (which is a pretty awesome game) and even while ripping and tearing demon heads off i was thinking I kinda just want to play some Overwatch...

Its still great fun though isn't it. Was playing Doom (which is a pretty awesome game) and even while ripping and tearing demon heads off i was thinking I kinda just want to play some Overwatch...

Tough weekend all round it seems by the look of it so

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've climbed from 2200ish to 2779 but down 20 points now. I might just make diamond before the season end.

95% of my game time is as Boostio.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2500 or so at the moment. I've regressed since season 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hovering around 3000, given up trying to get to the next tier and took a break over the weekend to play other games.

Though, I'm mighty tempted to buy some loot boxes, there are a good few year of the rooster skins I want. I'd hate myself for doing it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Stuck in Silver ~1800 forever. I've accepted my fate. It's who I am.

Benzino wrote: »
    Hovering around 3000, given up trying to get to the next tier and took a break over the weekend to play other games.

Though, I'm mighty tempted to buy some loot boxes, there are a good few year of the rooster skins I want. I'd hate myself for doing it though :(

Considering the value for money that Overwatch is, I don't think a few loot boxes during the special seasons is all that bad.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Considering the value for money that Overwatch is, I don't think a few loot boxes during the special seasons is all that bad.

Yeah, I've definitely got my value's worth from it, I just hate paying for cosmetic stuff as they are ultimately pointless. I also fear I'd be put in the "Will spend money" list and get poor drops as a result. Blizzard don't seem the sort to do that, but you never know.

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, I've definitely got my value's worth from it, I just hate paying for cosmetic stuff as they are ultimately pointless. I also fear I'd be put in the "Will spend money" list and get poor drops as a result. Blizzard don't seem the sort to do that, but you never know.

I'm always really sceptical of things like that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I really doubt it - I've caved and bought loot boxes during previous events, and I've got 3 gold skins in about 6 or 7 boxes earned so far this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know when this season ends? Currently trying to claw back from 2880sr, went umpteen games loss streak and landed back at 1600. Grinding hard to get back near where I started, proving tough though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone know when this season ends? Currently trying to claw back from 2880sr, went umpteen games loss streak and landed back at 1600. Grinding hard to get back near where I started, proving tough though! :(

You fell 1200 points? Oh wow that will be a hard climb up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They don't announce a specific date for when seasons end but it'll be around the end of Feb or beginning of March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You fell 1200 points? Oh wow that will be a hard climb up!!

That's what happens when you get stubborn trying to get a win on the board when I should have stepped back from the keyboard for a night or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I left comp for ages and noticed my SR went for 3200 to 3000 (No issue with it, that's the rules). Just wondering though, if I went below 3000 and left comp again for a while, how long would it take to drop to 2500?

J. Marston wrote: »
    I left comp for ages and noticed my SR went for 3200 to 3000 (No issue with it, that's the rules). Just wondering though, if I went below 3000 and left comp again for a while, how long would it take to drop to 2500?

I believe it only drops if you are 3000+. So it shouldn't drop below 3000.

That's what happens when you get stubborn trying to get a win on the board when I should have stepped back from the keyboard for a night or two...

Happened to me, think im gonna step away from comp for a day or 2 as I am in try hard mode right now. Fell to 1375 last night. Only had a season high of 1700, but still stings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Happened to me, think im gonna step away from comp for a day or 2 as I am in try hard mode right now. Fell to 1375 last night. Only had a season high of 1700, but still stings.

Solo queuing on the PS4 is painful, a bunch of loan warriors most of the time especially at the lower end of the scale, best not to worry too much about SR down here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Solo queuing on the PS4 is painful, a bunch of loan warriors most of the time especially at the lower end of the scale, best not to worry too much about SR down here.

Are you still lower than me? :pac:

We up for a few games this evening of comp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement