Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    ME players have historically been grouped in with Africa.

No Blizzard servers or peering arrangements there either from what I can tell

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-investigate-south-african-peering-server-viability?recruiter=63435440&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I have sunk that far down in SR its a cess pit of non nonsensical picks. Things like attack torbs, widow +hanzo on one team. No one willing to go healer or tank. Below 1500 the inmates have taken over the asylum.

I hate playing any character other than Mercy now.

#EpicResurrection #2+2+2 #SaltyJCDneedsacupoftea&sandwich.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I hate playing any character other than Mercy now.

#EpicResurrection #2+2+2 #SaltyJCDneedsacupoftea&sandwich.

I have to say, as bad as Mercy is for damage she is great for the ould Res, its so satisfying when you get a 4/5 player res to win a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

When you realise you're getting resed by Mercy and you're not prepared.
    186710_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grayditch wrote: »
    When you realise you're getting resed by Mercy and you're not prepared.
    186710_o.gif

Yup thats normally everyone thats in with me when I am Mercy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

fixxxer wrote: »
    The three sniper meta is strong.

I've fallen from 2200 odd to 1400 due to a lot of solo queuing. It would drive you nuts. Pick Reihardt and everyone ****s off and leave you alone to get slaughtered. Pick Mercy and everyone is at the four corners of the map so you can't rez properly. Pick Roadhog and get a lot of kills but team loses anyway because no one sticks together and gets killed one by one.

ah man i feel for you. Similar thing happend to me, never really recovered. Recently learned of how losing streaks work in OW and it's pretty grueling.

I went down as low as 1700 but managed to get back to 2000 now.

At that level you're expecting too much from other players, to group up? use a rein shield? To not run into symmetra turrets over and over again? lmao. I stopped playing Rein because of this. I'd always try and fill in the gaps of whatever the comp was missing but it was just a mess. I only have a pool of 3/4 heroes that I stick with. At that level Phara is lethal, I've started to main with her again, most players are terrible aim wise so can't hit you. You have the entire battle field to hit at length! I have 65% win rate with her!

Zarya is also a good bet, has a sheild and more mobile than rein and then if you need a healer pick ana, serious healing and damage!

If you're on pc we have a good group of people for 4/6 stack

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Don't know what its like for you console players but the community on pc are absolute dickheads.
    I quit competitive long time ago for the same reason now I can barely get a game in of quickplay without seeing yet another shining example of the **** OW community.
    I'm playing online games of every genre close to 15 years now and I thought id seen it all with LOL,HON to name a few they have nothing on this shower, must be a generation thing a reflection on society itself maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Grayditch wrote: »
    A few times on PS4 now:

"Eugh picking Junkrat, seriously"

It just fuels me at this stage.

I've grown to love Junkrat. Sneaking up to the enemy spawn and planting a trap and mine right outside the door. 9/10 it kills an overly eager Genji or Tracer.

Then I use the Understood voice line and hope he says "Gotcha!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've grown to love Junkrat. Sneaking up to the enemy spawn and planting a trap and mine right outside the door. 9/10 it kills an overly eager Genji or Tracer.

Then I use the Understood voice line and hope he says "Gotcha!"

Junkrat was one of the first characters I started with when I got Overwatch.

I love tossing a mine over Reinhardt shields or bouncing grenades off a wall and around a corner and catching people unaware :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote:

emmetkenny wrote:
    Junkrat was one of the first characters I started with when I got Overwatch.

Junkrat is love <3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find Junkrat extremely annoying to play and face. I can't count the number of times I've been killed when they were just hurling grenades without any idea who they might hit - always felt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zillah wrote:
    I find Junkrat extremely annoying to play and face. I can't count the number of times I've been killed when they were just hurling grenades without any idea who they might hit - always felt cheap.

Suppressing fire is a valid military tactic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's a beast. I win a lot of one on one encounters with most carachters. Flying mine to the face followed by a few bombs. If that exchange goes badly, retreat and drop the trap on the way, it usually stops whoever is coming back after you.

When you absolutely need to half some healthbars at a taken objective from a distance, he's your man. He's so versatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203
    New Feature: Server Browser

Starting today, every player can create their own, unique Overwatch experience and share it with their friends, their teammates, or the entire world. Introducing the Server Browser.

An extension of Overwatch's Custom Game mode, the Server Browser allows you to adjust the settings on various maps, modes, and heroes, creating your own tailor-made server. If, for example, you want to increase Pharah’s missile speed or remove the cooldown from McCree's Combat Roll, the power is yours. Once you're happy with your settings and you're ready to launch your game, you'll need to set up the permissions. You can limit the number of people who can join your game by toggling the "Friends Only" or "Invite Only" options, but if you want to put your strange creation to the real test, set your server to "Public" and click the launch button.

The Server Browser is currently being tested, so we'll be making changes throughout the PTR. Thank you for helping us test the feature, and we're excited to see what you make of it.

New Mode: Capture the Flag

Capture the Rooster has been, without a doubt, Overwatch’s most popular brawl. We don’t want that excitement to end, so we’re bringing Capture the Flag to the Arcade as an ongoing game mode. Starting today, we’re adding Capture-the-Flag versions of Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios, and Oasis, which gives you 12 maps to try when creating a Custom Game.
    Also buffs/nerfs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also buffs/nerfs

Way to not quote the most interesting part! Bastion largely reworked. New targeting sensitivity option (largely for Ana's Q I assume!). Mercy now invulnerable after Resurrection, which is probably needed.
    HERO UPDATES

Ana

New Hero Option: Nano Boost Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Nano Boost&#8217;s targeting sensitivity

Bastion

Configuration: Sentry
            Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
            Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
            Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
            Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
            Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
            No longer deals critical damage
        Configuration: Recon
            Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
            Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
        Self-Repair
            Can now be used while moving
            Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
            No longer interrupted by taking damage
            A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
        Configuration: Tank
            No longer grants bonus armor
        Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
            Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration

Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion's power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.

D.Va

Defense Matrix
            Projectiles (like Roadhog&#8217;s Chain Hook or Tracer&#8217;s Pulse Bomb) no longer need to travel a minimum distance before they can be blocked

Developer Comments: Previously, there was a minimum distance a projectile had to travel before it could be destroyed by Defense Matrix. This made it nearly worthless in situations where an enemy was right next to your teammate, such as when Roadhog hooks your ally. This change removes that restriction so Defense Matrix should now reliably destroy projectiles regardless of how far they have traveled.

Mei

Cryo-Freeze
            Mei can now be targeted by allies while in Cryo-Freeze

Mercy

Resurrect
            While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
        Caduceus Staff
            Zenyatta can no longer be targeted when Transcendence is active
        New Hero Option: Guardian Angel Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Guardian Angel&#8217;s targeting sensitivity
        New Hero Option: Beam Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust targeting sensitivity on Mercy&#8217;s Caduceus Staff beams

Developer Comments: Mercy&#8217;s Resurrect has always been very powerful, but it often forces her to sacrifice herself to use it well. There have been changes in the past that attempted to help her in this area, but haven&#8217;t done enough to solve it. This change means that once she uses the ability, she will always survive long enough to be with her team again.

Sombra

New Hero Option: Hack Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust the targeting sensitivity on Sombra&#8217;s Hack ability

Torbj&#246;rn

Rivet Gun
            Ammo is now loaded earlier in the reload animation

Widowmaker

New Hero Option: Grappling Hook Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Grappling Hook&#8217;s targeting sensitivity

Zarya

New Hero Option: Projected Barrier Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Projected Barrier&#8217;s targeting sensitivity

Zenyatta

New Hero Option: Harmony Orb Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Harmony Orb&#8217;s targeting sensitivity
        New Hero Option: Discord Orb Sensitivity
            Allows players to adjust Discord Orb&#8217;s targeting sensitivity

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also buffs/nerfs
    Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration

Oh ffs... A well placed Bastion can already shred a team in half. Making him take 35% less damage too... That's not going to be fun to go up against.

Buff his Recon mode, absolutely. I don't think you'd need to buff both considering he can now also heal while moving and can switch between modes quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Bastion going back to godlike tier I see.

That Mercy buff was well needed.

Penn wrote: »
    Oh ffs... A well placed Bastion can already shred a team in half. Making him take 35% less damage too... That's not going to be fun to go up against.

You're kind of cherry picking here: there is another change where they've drastically lowered his accuracy and removed his ability to get headshots. Sentry mode is now a tank-breaker and far less useful against anything else. Recon is probably a better option against smaller targets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Buff his Recon mode, absolutely. I don't think you'd need to buff both considering he can now also heal while moving and can switch between modes quicker.

I wouldn't consider it a buff to his sentry mode. He no longer deals crit damage or has a headshot multiplier, his weapon spread has been increased and is always at maximum spread.

• Advertisement

Bastion is almost useless in his current state tbh. If you can surprise any enemy team, then yes, he can shred them. But only once, if your lucky. He's terribly situational. Hopefully he will be a like a second soldier. I think it will be great. This game needs more heroes to shake up the meta that don't fit into typical dps/tank/support moulds.

I don't really understand how this sensitivity things are going work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm seeing a real rise in an attack comp consisting of 3 tanks and 2 healers lately.

Not sure if I'm just having bad luck here, but it's virtually impossible to stop a Zarya, Reinhardt and Roadhog when they're being followed around by a Lucio and Mercy

I don't really understand how this sensitivity things are going work

Little bit confused on this too. I get the concept but not sure on the implemantation

They've increased the bullet speed in sentry mode so it's harder to land hits.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They've increased the bullet speed in sentry mode so it's harder to land hits.

Slower bullets eh

Little bit confused on this tpp. I get the concept but not sure on the implemantation

My guess is that you can reduce the size or sensitivity of your "crosshair" for who you want to nano boost. So if you reduced it the whole way, you could only nano boost someone who is directly on the crosshair. If you reduced it some of the way, it would have a larger spread of who you could nano boost. You be less likely to boost that pesky lucio who jumped some of the way across your vision.

Slower bullets eh

Yup like shooting snails :pac:

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm seeing a real rise in an attack comp consisting of 3 tanks and 2 healers lately.

Not sure if I'm just having bad luck here, but it's virtually impossible to stop a Zarya, Reinhardt and Roadhog when they're being followed around by a Lucio and Mercy

That has been pretty much the meta of season 3 at the moment for me any way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Switch to Ana and beg for support to take the healers out.

• Advertisement

It's the three tank meta. Very popular in pro games; public naturally follows. It's mostly based on the fact that the tanks are generally extremely strong. Your one dps is soldier, Ana for burst heal, Lucio for speed boost and secondary heal. That's the typical layout.
    Little bit confused on this too. I get the concept but not sure on the implemantation

I imagine it will be a question of how much it swaps targets based on what it thinks you're aiming at vs what is exactly under the crosshairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement