Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

What sort of competitive ratings have people got?

I fluctuate between 2.5K and 2.6K

I play on PC and looking to group with more people.

Add me neeel#11514

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I tried Reaper when I first played Overwatch and didn't like him much - I think I just didn't get how to use him properly. Was playing a game there and we were being harassed by a Winston and they had two other tanks so I said feck it, I'll go Reaper if no one else will.

And holy god is he effective and fun. The ability to murder the hell out of tanks that normally take forever to kill is wonderful. I managed to get four 4+ ult kills in two games; extremely satisfying. It also seems he's much harder to interrupt than Pharah.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Zillah wrote: »
    I tried Reaper when I first played Overwatch and didn't like him much - I think I just didn't get how to use him properly. Was playing a game there and we were being harassed by a Winston and they had two other tanks so I said feck it, I'll go Reaper if no one else will.

And holy god is he effective and fun. The ability to murder the hell out of tanks that normally take forever to kill is wonderful. I managed to get four 4+ ult kills in two games; extremely satisfying. It also seems he's much harder to interrupt than Pharah.

Nice work!

Watch out for glowing Zaryas though, they can stand about 5/6 feet away from an ulting reaper and beam him to death without going down if they time the barrier right. If they've a mercy/lucio even easier for them.

Everyone see the recent PTR Patch Notes? Lot of interesting stuff in there on the server browser and Bastion changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I played reaper a bit when I started playing and was annihilating teams left, right and centre. Lots of POTGs. The more I played him, either I got worse, or the general player base figured out how to deal with him.

I haven't played him in ages, aside from mystery hero games.

I had the exact same experience with Reaper. One of the first heroes I used. I completely destroyed with him. 30 kill streaks the first week. I think that was when my SR was terribly low and people had no idea what they were doing, including myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

0za6DS5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Reaper is in my top 3. Another one where I've changed the jump to L2, and I can just cancel the teleporter with a melee instead. I just bounce around in 1v1s.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Reaper is in my top 3. Another one where I've changed the jump to L2, and I can just cancel the teleporter with a melee instead. I just bounce around in 1v1s.

I had 3 games on the go with different button setups and it all became too much, bought a pro contoller with buttons on the underside.

I'm on PS4. I'd absolutely love an Elite controller, though.

So it looks like the sensitivity setting is indeed a snapping threshold. I think I'll be keeping this near zero.

https://gfycat.com/CanineFarflungHoneyeater

• Advertisement

I'm on PS4. I'd absolutely love an Elite controller, though.

There are options out there, I'm on PS4, you now have 2 officially licenced by Sony, namely the Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution. Scuf, Battlebeaver and a few more in the game but the auld Scuf's don't get greet build quality reviews, plus they are expensive.

I settled on the Nacon for €110 but it's only been 2 weeks so while the controller is starting to feel ok I'm still not fully utilising the additional buttons.

Oh nice. I'd definitely consider the Nacon.

This is the first time I did this on Kings Row and now I do it every time. 43% charge in 1 second :)

14866610363216372.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is the first time I did this on Kings Row and now I do it every time. 43% charge in 1 second :)

14866610363216372.gif

That is some fine Junkratting my friend.

fixxxer wrote: »
    That is some fine Junkratting my friend.

Cheers. Next trap goes on the stairs to the left and then carpet bomb the entrance while checking for snipers. Rinse and repeat until Genji makes you his priority!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really enjoying Phara in comp lately, 65% win rate atm. Beast.

Also watching a lot of Valkia on youtube, a great phara player and offers some genuine tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grayditch wrote:
    Cheers. Next trap goes on the stairs to the left and then carpet bomb the entrance while checking for snipers. Rinse and repeat until Genji makes you his priority!

That's what limpit mine to the face is for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,105 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    Really enjoying Phara in comp lately, 65% win rate atm. Beast.

Also watching a lot of Valkia on youtube, a great phara player and offers some genuine tips!

I can't even hit the ground falling from the sky, let alone hit a moving enemy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't even hit the ground falling from the sky, let alone hit a moving enemy :(

Once you get used to moving her around in between cover it gets a bit easier, same as any character. Her rockets travel a bit slowly, but aim where people are going! On saying that my aim is only at 50% atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watching streams of console OW its like a different game to what I'm playing on pc, 10x slower paced its like its in slow motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dcully wrote: »
    Watching streams of console OW its like a different game to what I'm playing on pc, 10x slower paced its like its in slow motion.

Weird, was just thinking how much more fast-paced the game seems while watching a moonmoon PC stream atm

fixxxer wrote: »
    That's what limpit mine to the face is for :D

Definitely, I win most encounters with Genji, but if he stays in the air and the mine doesn't take him out, I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dcully wrote: »
    I tried playing it on a PS4, not being able to aim + control hover with Pharah messed me up so bad.

Then I switched to Junkrat and got Gold kills :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I tried playing it on a PS4, not being able to aim + control hover with Pharah messed me up so bad.

Left trigger is also hover, though.

Weird, was just thinking how much more fast-paced the game seems while watching a moonmoon PC stream atm

Are you not saying the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Zillah wrote: »
    Are you not saying the same thing?

Yeah

Just found it funny that I was watching a stream and thinking the same when he said it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ofcourse gameplay is going to be slower with a pad compared to mouse & KB but it really looks painfully slow,not the same game at all.

I'm getting a pain in my arse with matches being cancelled when a player leaves from the enemy team when a game has already started. What's the cut off point before it doesn't cancel the game?

Sorry Cully only saw your message now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played a game earlier where everyone on my team had gold weapons.

Still lost but we looked good doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement