Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm getting a pain in my arse with matches being cancelled when a player leaves from the enemy team when a game has already started. What's the cut off point before it doesn't cancel the game?

Think it's usually 2-3 minutes in the first round before the point of no return, from what I've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I tried playing it on a PS4, not being able to aim + control hover with Pharah messed me up so bad.

Then I switched to Junkrat and got Gold kills :pac:

Switching her hover to L2 makes a huge difference. I used to hate getting Pharah in Mystery Heroes but after making that switch, I've gotten a lot better as her.

I'd also recommend to console users to switch Torb and Mercy's weapon switches to L2 also. Much easier and quicker than using the D-pad and L2 isn't mapped to anything by default for either of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pharah's hover is on that by default. Mercy's glide is on L2 and Torbs Cancel Turret Placement is there. But that can be changed to anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pharah's hover is on that by default. Mercy's glide is on L2 and Torbs Cancel Turret Placement is there. But that can be changed to anything really.

Well Torb cancelling Turret Placement would override whatever you have L2 mapped to anyway if you're in Turret Placement mode, similar to Sym's turret placement overriding her charge shot.

Didn't realise Mercy's glide was on L2, I think I just hold X for jump and she glides with that too. And if Pharah's hover is L2, I mustn't have copped that but switched it in the setting anyway. I'll try change it back and see if it works because it was handy having jump/hover mapped to X as well as it's jump for the rest of the heroes.

Really appreciate how easy it is to customise controls for individual characters though. Helps a lot.

I know, I wish every game would let you map the controls your own way, yourself.

• Advertisement

I think I need a foot pedal for Mercy's gun or something. Right directon is to slow for that quick kill of someone on low hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I think I need a foot pedal for Mercy's gun or something. Right directon is to slow for that quick kill of someone on low hp.

DUDE

I would love a foot peddle for my xbox. Just like a simple thing, kickdrum style.

I would definitely map Zenyatta's kick-melee to that, always makes me laugh seeing his little slippered robot feet whack someone on the chin for that last bit of health.

I have this controller with 104 buttons. It's excessive but gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Some of the custom games in PTR now are AMAZING.

CTF with 300% speed, no health, instant respawn has a real old school feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Some of the custom games in PTR now are AMAZING.

CTF with 300% speed, no health, instant respawn has a real old school feel.

My favourite is Predator mode: three Soldiers on one team, stats slightly reduced, no special abilities. Sombra alone on the other with all her cooldowns drastically reduced, extra health, maximum speed, increased damage.

• Advertisement

I sometimes play this secret 7v5 custom game on defense in quick play. I pick symmetra and place teleporters in the worst possible places; off ledges or at the attackers spawn. Getting a teleporter up BEHIND the attackers spawn after the first point is a huge play. It's a real challenge for the team of 5 because they don't find that I'm a turncoat until half way through the game. The team of 7 similarly have no idea I am with them. Even the game says "Defeat" at the end when I really know its supposed to say "Victory".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I sometimes play this secret 7v5 custom game on defense in quick play. I pick symmetra and place teleporters in the worst possible places; off ledges or at the attackers spawn. Getting a teleporter up BEHIND the attackers spawn after the first point is a huge play. It's a real challenge for the team of 5 because they don't find that I'm a turncoat until half way through the game. The team of 7 similarly have no idea I am with them. Even the game says "Defeat" at the end when I really know its supposed to say "Victory".

Heugh Heugh Heugh! Cool Story Bro! Top Kek! 5/7 would Trololololol again.

Pathetic

Heugh Heugh Heugh! Cool Story Bro! Top Kek! 5/7 would Trololololol again.

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ah lads leave Roadhog alone would ya

https://youtu.be/TfFaxJcQspE

Whenever we get absolutely trounced and someone wants to remain in a team, I'm thinking we got ourselves a real Emilio Estevez here.

nW8UP9R.jpg

If you actually do this, and you actually enjoy it, you are utterly pathetic; a bane to gaming, and should uninstall everything, you juvenile, bizarre gobshite. I would say go outside but you'd probably steal a child's skipping rope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I had a player who did that to my team before. He was a complete d!ckhead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got Pharah's gold launcher last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't remember the last time I saw a troll teleporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Blizzard are adding the ability to report people for this sort of stuff, and will be issuing bans. Hopefully should be added soon.

• Advertisement

Even worse than Mei's who ice wall the team in the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone just play a lot of one character for a while because they got a cool skin for them?

I'm refusing to budge from Pharah for a while because I got that awesome red and white Raindancer skin.

Thing is, I can't even see it unless I'm emoting or when I'm dead!

Only started playing Lucio when I got the gold frog skin cause it didn't look like every other Lucio I had seen. His 'ballbag' skin is annoying to look at.

I've finally started to play as Tracer. I'm doing ok. Unless the other team has a Tracer. Then I get ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ah lads leave Roadhog alone would ya

https://youtu.be/TfFaxJcQspE

I know :(

I was really enjoying that new hook, just getting used to it.

I know :(

I was really enjoying that new hook, just getting used to it.

It's waaaaay too consistent in killing people now. 100% execution rate for any non-tank, it's awful; I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zillah wrote: »
    It's waaaaay too consistent in killing people now. 100% execution rate for any non-tank, it's awful; I hate it.

If you're caught out in the open maybe, but if you're using cover or evasive movements correctly you'll be mostly fine. I don't mind the cool down so much but I honestly felt hook 2.0 worked really well. Punish players who are out of position (or flankers to a degree) and not that effective against those that play properly.

It's cooldown is just too low for something as instant-killy like that. He's been ridiculous since the update.

Great to hear they're looking into buffing Winston :) he needs help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is Hook 2.0 or 3.0 the on where he can hook you, then turn sideways and make you fall off the map?

As a Pharah/D.Va "main", I hate Roadhog with a passion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement