Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, Lucio is the only one I can get away from the post-hook shot with. I'd say it's down to a bad shot from RH. I really miss ghosting away with Reaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Back to Junkrat after spending time diversifying my skill set. Dunno why I ever left, the little bastard is so much fun to play

https://youtu.be/O0Rn_YCtEh0

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Think I am going to start putting in some hours with Pharah, If you can't beat em join em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zarya is so much fun to play, she's my go to character. Nothing more satisfying then putting a bubble on a hooked character and then using the resulting charge to melt hog, or saving yourself and a team mate from Mei's ult/freeze gun (no, I'M SORRY Mei!). Also, when you have a Zarya and a Rein, it can be very hard to break down.

Just a shame about the quality of her skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm always disappointed when I land a hack on Zarya, because when Sombra was first released everyone on reddit decided that her hack would remove Zarya's shield HP and effectively half her HP. If only.

Instead, hacking a bubble gives Zarya charge... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Instead, hacking a bubble gives Zarya charge...

Really? Like as if it was damage? I never knew that, I'll have to be more reserved in my haxx0rz.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought only damage affected the bubble. How much charge would a hack give?

Those moments when you're 40 seconds away from winning and your team pushes forward too hard off the point and get melted...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mystery Heroes last night, attack on Temple of Anubis. I joined a game near the end where we'd already captured Point A, but the defence which had 2 Zarya's, 2 Bastions, a Torb and Ana were camped outside the spawn, just completely killing everyone as soon as they tried exiting the spawn.

A few seconds before the end, I get a Tracer. I use the top exit and blink past them all. If I at least got it into Overtime and split them away from the spawn we might have a chance, so I rushed for Point B.

rWWBlAV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Have the PTR changes gone live on console now that the Chinese New Year event is finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

fixxxer wrote: »
    Have the PTR changes gone live on console now that the Chinese New Year event is finished?

I don't think so, haven't noticed any new updates recently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Poor Pharah really couldnt finish at all last night. JUUUUSSSTTTIIIICCEEEEEE RAI.................................

Season 3 will officially end on Tuesday, February 21 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, February 22 at 00:00 UTC). Season 4 is currently scheduled to launch one week later on Tuesday, February 28 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, March 1 at 00:00 UTC).

For time zone assistance, and to see when the season will roll in your region, visit thetimezoneconverter.com.

SEASON 3 REWARDS

If you completed your placement matches during Season 3, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon. These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If at any point during the season you managed to break into the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region), you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.

Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season. (In case anyone was wondering about rewards based on you SR, it's your seasonal high, not your seasonal end)

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 3:

SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
    SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
    SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
    SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
    SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
    SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
    SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP

STAY TUNED!

Throughout Season 3, we’ve been listening to the community and modifying our plans based on your feedback. We really appreciate hearing your opinions, and can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help us make Overwatch better.

We’re always excited about the future of Competitive Play, and we'll be talking more about Season 4 in the coming weeks. Until then, keep your eyes on playoverwatch.com, as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for the latest news.

I don't think I'll be making it past platinum, but that's grand.

I got my first Legendary in the voting last night. It very rarely happens on PS4. I think I've only seen it happen about 3/4 times.

ijc6Jlwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

5 days to gain 150 SR for Gold?

... I don't know if I can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I had a great, fairly stationary Sombra rampage yesterday (acknowledging that this is terrible play from the other team)

I also had a puzzling moment where the point was being contested by a new stealth character.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I also had a puzzling moment where the point was being contested by a new stealth character.

Ha, could have sworn it was just going to be a Pharah flying overhead

I had a great, fairly stationary Sombra rampage yesterday (acknowledging that this is terrible play from the other team)

I thought the gig was up when the roadhog hooked you... nope :pac:

I thought the gig was up when the roadhog hooked you... nope :pac:

Should have died multiple times there

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be making it past platinum, but that's grand.

I got my first Legendary in the voting last night. It very rarely happens on PS4. I think I've only seen it happen about 3/4 times.

ijc6Jlwl.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen it. I had similar stats the other night, 36 kills 64% KP, and got 2 votes. :rolleyes: Go figure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Don't think I've ever seen it. I had similar stats the other night, 36 kills 64% KP, and got 2 votes. :rolleyes: Go figure.

I've never seen it before either. I dont think I ever will either haha

So season 3 is ending next week, whos on later for a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »

I'll be on at some point

Would hope to be on at some stage.

Got my 9 wins done last night for Arcade. Don't know if I can be bothered with the 3v3 and 1v1 playlists for an extra 2 boxes.

I got two double kills in the Play Of The Game, I think it helped. Also the winning team gave me some consolation votes.

Would hope to be on at some stage.

Got my 9 wins done last night for Arcade. Don't know if I can be bothered with the 3v3 and 1v1 playlists for an extra 2 boxes.

Me and dude done 3v3 the other night and won :P its not a bad mode but can be a pain in the hole.

The 3v3 seems to work best with Ana, Roadhog and Soldier(?) might be wrong about that last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Me and dude done 3v3 the other night and won :P its not a bad mode but can be a pain in the hole.

Played it for the first time myself the other night. Spent longer than I care to admit running around looking for health packs :pac:

Played it for the first time myself the other night. Spent longer than I care to admit running around looking for health packs :pac:

Wasnt it you that was in with us sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Need to put this season behind me. The PS4 boards crew needs to make sure we team up for placement matches next season deffo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement