Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd ban her for the amount of screen real estate she takes up, and the Brazzers style banner.

Was wondering where I recognised that banner before.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Benzino wrote: »
    Decay only starts after a week of inactivity :)

Yeah i'll probably decay a little before Tuesday (been a few days already) but i'm at 3090 so i'm safe.

Additionally it won't decay below 3000, not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Was wondering where I recognised that banner before.

So did I... umm, I mean... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I recognised it Instantly. No catholic guilt here. Adult content is great :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I recognised it Instantly. No catholic guilt here. Adult content is great :pac:

No guilt here either just didnt know where I knew it from :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No guilt here either just didnt know where I knew it from :P

I'll remind you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXeE8ufW6ap40CxfmVRQRv9hOO6RntPyFjsqtZiecIiwXUOc0s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll remind you

I hope you never have to send off your PC for repairs.

dudeeile wrote: »

Private Browsing

1453.gif

I heard that when his PC has a problem he gets the kids to bring it out back where he performs a fire ritual on it to burn the evil away :pac:

I heard that when his PC has a problem he gets the kids to bring it out back where he performs a fire ritual on it to burn the evil away :pac:

xTiQysFornYzqFG6Ws.gif

• Advertisement

More like:

v1.aDsxMDY2NzQ7ajsxNzIzNjsxMjAwOzM3ODA7MjgzNQ

The annual Knave Family photo:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep, all the Knaves get together, strip down to our undies, and sacrifice the PC's and the oldest of the family.

Yep, all the Knaves get together, strip down to our undies, and sacrifice the PC's and the oldest of the family.

You'd want to keep your head down for a while, i heard your nearly the oldest now :pac:

You'd want to keep your head down for a while, i heard your nearly the oldest now :pac:

f20c9eb755854d4cc40d14ca6920e8f8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Oisin182

Hi guys played on PS4 since release and im just currently downloading on PC. Add me if you want: Finneon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This Lucio ability would be pretty cool in Overwatch

This Lucio ability would be pretty cool in Overwatch

Maybe if you were given the option of which version you wanted to run prior to the game starting but not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Maybe if you were given the option of which version you wanted to run prior to the game starting but not both.

Just limit the switching to reverse ability. Twice per match say, wouldn't be all that noticeable overall

You'd need to be right beside a load of enemies anyway for it to have any real effect

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

With Season 3 ending tomorrow (and resuming Feb 22nd.) wondered what peoples thoughts were.

Wasn't happy with how the placement matches worked last season, didn't seem to make a difference. Think 6 stacks should only play against other 6 stack teams, too many times while in a 2/4 stack we've ended up playing 6 stack teams, it's just too difficult since we lack the communication they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    With Season 3 ending tomorrow (and resuming Feb 22nd.) wondered what peoples thoughts were.

Wasn't happy with how the placement matches worked last season, didn't seem to make a difference. Think 6 stacks should only play against other 6 stack teams, too many times while in a 2/4 stack we've ended up playing 6 stack teams, it's just too difficult since we lack the communication they have.

They said at the start of season 3 your rank would be heavily weighted on last season rank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They said at the start of season 3 your rank would be heavily weighted on last season rank.
    But that also means your placement matches are a waste of time. I'll use my own as an example:

Season 2 I placed with 5 wins, 5 losses around 2400.
    Season 3 I placed with 7 losses, 3 wins at 2300.

So why bother go through 10 placement matches when my final placement is all derived from my previous season anyway. It's only a waste of my time and frustrating for no reason esp. as I ended up having people quit from our team in 4 out of 10 matches (and 2 out of 10 for the enemy team) as added frustration.

Nody wrote: »
    But that also means your placement matches are a waste of time. I'll use my own as an example:

Season 2 I placed with 5 wins, 5 losses around 2400.
    Season 3 I placed with 7 losses, 3 wins at 2300.

So why bother go through 10 placement matches when my final placement is all derived from my previous season anyway. It's only a waste of my time and frustrating for no reason esp. as I ended up having people quit from our team in 4 out of 10 matches (and 2 out of 10 for the enemy team) as added frustration.

Where did you finish season 2?

My understanding was that the placement games in Season 3 were only to see if you have moved massively, IE loosing 10 or winning 10 so you should be bumped up or down a little.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where did you finish season 2?

My understanding was that the placement games in Season 3 were only to see if you have moved massively, IE loosing 10 or winning 10 so you should be bumped up or down a little.
    2500 and change.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

On Mystery Heroes over the weekend, things I've seen teammates (and I use that term in the loosest possible sense) do either while I'm waiting to respawn or as I'm exiting the spawn after being killed:

Junkrat trying to kill himself with his own bombs in a hallway
    Mei using her "Build a snowman" emote outside the spawn
    Two McCrees pretending to have a duel
    Reaper exiting the spawn, then running back in, looking at a wall, placing a spray, then running back out
    Sombra using her translocator to go forward about 5 steps
    Symmetra setting up turrets outside our spawn (even though there was nobody near our spawn)
    Reaper using wraith form after exiting our spawn and then getting absolutely creamed 2 seconds after wraith form ended because he ran right into two Symmetras
    Hanzo firing arrows at the ground as he ran forward (thereby slowing himself down)
    Bastion firing full blast at two shielded Zaryas who had already been crushing us in that match because of their high charges (which solved the mystery of "How the f*ck do those Zarya's still have a high charge?")
    Torbjorns killing themselves. Endless, endless Torbjorns killing themselves. Even on maps with a payload where all they have to do is put a turret on the payload and our chances of winning increase dramatically

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Penn wrote: »
    On Mystery Heroes over the weekend, things I've seen teammates (and I use that term in the loosest possible sense) do either while I'm waiting to respawn or as I'm exiting the spawn after being killed:

Junkrat trying to kill himself with his own bombs in a hallway
    Mei using her "Build a snowman" emote outside the spawn
    Two McCrees pretending to have a duel
    Reaper exiting the spawn, then running back in, looking at a wall, placing a spray, then running back out
    Sombra using her translocator to go forward about 5 steps
    Symmetra setting up turrets outside our spawn (even though there was nobody near our spawn)
    Reaper using wraith form after exiting our spawn and then getting absolutely creamed 2 seconds after wraith form ended because he ran right into two Symmetras
    Hanzo firing arrows at the ground as he ran forward (thereby slowing himself down)
    Bastion firing full blast at two shielded Zaryas who had already been crushing us in that match because of their high charges (which solved the mystery of "How the f*ck do those Zarya's still have a high charge?")
    Torbjorns killing themselves. Endless, endless Torbjorns killing themselves. Even on maps with a payload where all they have to do is put a turret on the payload and our chances of winning increase dramatically
    Let's face it, Mystery Heroes is bad.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I couldn't disagree more. I think it's the best casual mode in the game.

We had a game the other night where the other team got 2 Torb, 2 Symetera and 2 Bastion. It was great fun trying to break through.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Sight808 wrote: »

No buddy your dates are off, took this from blizz website
    "
    Season 3 will officially end on Tuesday, February 21 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, February 22 at 00:00 UTC). Season 4 is currently scheduled to launch one week later on Tuesday, February 28 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, March 1 at 00:00 UTC)."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I find it a good creative challenge to be honest.

• Advertisement

Got me to Gold for season 3, will put more time into next season but only as a group cos its great fun :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement