Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Let's face it, Mystery Heroes is bad.

It's the only mode I play. The joy of killing an enemy Torb whose turret had our team pinned down and knowing he'll likely respawn as someone else. The joy of dying and getting a Pharah and knowing you're about to completely f*ck the enemy team up at last. Ults always feel earned rather than given just because you haven't died in a while. Not having to choose which hero to be to suit the rest of your team or consider changing even though you nearly have your ult. Not constantly be up against certain metas which seem to have plagued a lot of Competitive/Quick Play. And the randomness of who you get just forces you to deal with it, but you might end up making some great plays. I've had some great moments as the likes of Widowmaker and Winston where I've never really played them before, and have gotten quite good as Pharah, Roadhog and Zarya even though I'd rarely have picked them before if given the choice.

Of course, Mystery Heroes wouldn't be so bad if teammates PLAYED THE F*CKING OBJECTIVE! (and if, like this weekend, I didn't get McCree so f*cking often. 3 times in a row in one game yesterday...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Creeped my way into Platinum (by 4 SR) with only 1 day of the current season left. Happy days :)

The BIGGEST problem imho with Mystery Heroes is once people start dying, the feeding kills is ludicrous.

You get these Lone Wolf Widowmakers, Lucios etc walking right up to the enemy team with no team mates around/in front of them.

What do these people really expect to have happen?

They die, then it's another 30-45 seconds for them to get their house in order as they claw their way back from the spawn and it's another time you won't get an ultimate on your team.

If you're at the head of the pack and you keep on trucking towards the enemy wit ha garbage squishy you're doing it wrong.

It's like playing Lemmings in solo queue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hmmmm quick, get that game into production :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

The BIGGEST problem imho with Mystery Heroes is once people start dying, the feeding kills is ludicrous.

You get these Lone Wolf Widowmakers, Lucios etc walking right up to the enemy team with no team mates around/in front of them.

What do these people really expect to have happen?

They die, then it's another 30-45 seconds for them to get their house in order as they claw their way back from the spawn and it's another time you won't get an ultimate on your team.

If you're at the head of the pack and you keep on trucking towards the enemy wit ha garbage squishy you're doing it wrong.

Generally why I dont play it anymore. People take it less seriously, it's just a frustrating experience in my opionion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Creeped my way into Platinum (by 4 SR) with only 1 day of the current season left. Happy days :)

I got to 2779 last week and went on a horrible loosing streak all the way back to 2400.

Almost broke 2800 last night so might push on tonight and see can I get to 3000.

Not a bad climb from 2200 at the start.

The 2nd biggest problem (IMHO) with Solo No-Limits is the whole "Person A picked Genji and now Person B picked Genji"..... Instant 5x Genjis flashing their character icons on and off as obnoxiously as possible.

Thankfully leaving at that stage of a match doesn't count as leaving. Lord give me peace.

No Limits is good in a 6x stack though, cause you can pick a relatively "normal" team comp and then stomp teams of 6 Genjis.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The 2nd biggest problem (IMHO) with Solo No-Limits is the whole "Person A picked Genji and now Person B picked Genji"..... Instant 5x Genjis flashing their character icons on and off as obnoxiously as possible.

I like messing with people who do that in Mystery Heroes (since it doesn't matter who you pick, it'll be random anyway). Like keep switching between the hero to the left or right of who everyone else picked. Or last night everyone had Hanzo but I stuck with Genji, so they all started switching to Genji so I switched to Hanzo just before they all did.

What's the f*cking point of flashing the icons and trying to get everyone to pick the same in Mystery Heroes? "Yay, we got a full row of Widowmakers!" Who gives a f*ck?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Penn wrote: »
    What's the f*cking point of flashing the icons and trying to get everyone to pick the same in Mystery Heroes? "Yay, we got a full row of Widowmakers!" Who gives a f*ck?
    Because you can tilt some players who're going "Guys we need a healer" and what not :P Personally I usually pick Bastion but if someone has started a chain I'll join in for the lulz.

I don't know how anyone can take mystery heroes seriously. It's a mess from the get go. A bit of enjoyable chaos as a warm up at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

We got steamrolled first game, so let's attack with Ana(me), Roadhog (ok), Zenyatta (ok), Tracer (ehh), Hanzo(...why), Sombra(...kill me)

Next match, I somehow got pitted with these muppets again.
    First time I've rage-quit a competitive match.

Guess I can say goodbye to hitting Gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Defending the payload on Route 66. Yards from the finish. In competitive. Symmetra gets gets her ult, you figure a shield generator seeing as how we're spawning so close to the finish. Nope... Teleporter... Where...

On. The. Payload.

Wiped in 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Grayditch wrote: »
    Defending the payload on Route 66. Yards from the finish. In competitive. Symmetra gets gets her ult, you figure a shield generator seeing as how we're spawning so close to the finish. Nope... Teleporter... Where...

On. The. Payload.

Wiped in 3 seconds.

I feel ya man, but sorry this made me LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

3 draws and a win last night. Stress levels through the roof

There were enemies not taking any damage at a couple of points and movement lag at the same time. Almost certain we were being dossed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

3 draws and a win last night. Stress levels through the roof

There were enemies not taking any damage at a couple of points and movement lag at the same time. Almost certain we were being dossed.

I see my Scripts work as planned so :pac:

Maybe just with larger numbers on last night to get ranking the servers were swamped?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Want an easy way to top 500? Play in the dead hours as a team of five and go ham with a 90%+ win rate as GM vs. gold and plat non grouped players...

Kind of glad for the week break. Kind of burned myself out grinding X-mass loot, then New Years Loot, then Comp rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Kind of glad for the week break. Kind of burned myself out grinding X-mass loot, then New Years Loot, then Comp rank.

I cant get enough!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've a buddy who said the same thing. He's nearly got enough for his second golden gun at this stage. Log in this morning and see he's getting in a few games before work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't played in about a month, gonna get some practice in now that the season's over and hopefully get some time in next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will be getting a D.VA one for sure

Yeah the D'Va one is sweet :D

To chuck through windows?

:pac:

yes

It will just bounce off the glass and knock Totz out cold :D

What a disgusting amount of exclusives though, look at the badges for all the different retailers, ughhhh

What a disgusting amount of exclusives though, look at the badges for all the different retailers, ughhhh

Hadn't spotted that. A lot of those places aren't in Ireland /UK, so wonder what the availability will be over here.

Hadn't spotted that. A lot of those places aren't in Ireland /UK, so wonder what the availability will be over here.

Tough, availability won't be over here.

Thats how store exclusives work

Best bet is Ebay I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's my lot for Season 3 anyway.

xbxhVdZ.jpg

Lost about 4/5 more than I won. Won't be getting a second golden gun for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement