Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Btw anybody looking for a few casual games on PS4 hit me up with a friend request, gamertag is goon_magee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Added a bunch of you on battle.net there. Should make it on later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chrissong04

Anybody up for a few casual games, add me psn: xsonginaterx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

37.59.15.101 is boards.ie TS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I know it was only 2 weeks or so, but I missed this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Going to have to wait till payday on Friday to play this but add me on IgsTer#2364

18 kills with Symmetra, I think that's a personal best. One that can be worked on, of course.

I've started looking at what's needed and picking my absolute least favourite from there. Trying to understand all the characters. I'm being pleasantly surprised. Still can't bring myself to play Widowmaker though :pac: I'm just not made for sitting back and watching the fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm not very good at online FPS so what a pleasure this game is for me! Running around pumping out tunes that heal my teammates, or hanging back and throwing up ice walls to divide the enemy.

A FPS that allows me to play to my strengths and makes me feel like I'm having an impact on the game!

Blizzard really know how to absolutely nail an idea. Well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I always mix this up with battleborn, I see its getting loads of 10's, must be something special!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Jinx#2846 on battle.net

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sometimes it's about placing as many annoying turrets in the room before you die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In the heat of a game you obviously have little time to notice, but man this game really is a beautiful little feat of inspired design. I heard a comparison to Street Fighter earlier, which is fair. Blizzard have managed to put together so many characters that not only feel unique to play but have their own unique look too. That they've somehow managed to mix it all up, craft a coherent, consistent aesthetic and somehow avoid the whole thing collapsing is one hell of a feat. Sometimes during the initial calm jog to the first defence point I catch a glimpse of a different character just ahead and find myself really impressed at just how much character the, well, characters have. And that translates to first person too, little flourishes like Reaper casually disposing of his current guns as a reload animation.

As much as the great Team Fortress 2 is the obvious inspiration, Blizzard have definitely managed to take that game's formula and add a few more layers of nuance and artistry. I think after the first year or two and the addition of all sorts of unlockable loot TF2 slowly became a noticeably denser, less immediate game. I wonder if Blizzard can build this without losing the delightfully welcoming, accessible vibe Overwatch currently boasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The FINAL/Ultimate skins for many of characters are brilliant !! ...really wanna unlock some.
    I won't be blowing money on LootCrates though.

I tend to play some AI games in between VRS for quick levelling up...but there is a HUGE leap between Medium and Hard.
    Medium you could have Bastion on his own win the game, on Hard it sometimes seems like the bots are hacking :P

Do those expensive skins have a chance to come out in the loot boxes too? I agree they look great.

This game is such a brilliantly refined machine, looks and plays like a dream. The stats pages can make for interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Grayditch wrote: »
    Do those expensive skins have a chance to come out in the loot boxes too? I agree they look great.

I got a Sigrun skin for Mercy from my third loot box and I think that's a legendary isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You can unlock everything through the lootboxes bar the origin skins I believe.

Plus you get currency through some boxes so you should be able to buy the ones you want eventually too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Lads, cheapest place to pick this up in a B&M? This will keep me entertained for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

it's the modern shooter I've been looking for. Feels like I can just pick it up for an hour and play a few games whenever I want, or play it hours on end either. It's about time we got a shooter that doesn't punish you for not playing it loads. Exactly what I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's pretty great indeed. Sorry dcully for last night, we got 6 by the time you came on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Really enjoying this. I hope they bring in bigger longer game modes tho. half hour 10 v 10 tug of war maps for example.

You will be matched with people of similar skill level.

Anyone know how they determine the skill level ? surely it's not your character level...that is majorly based on playtime. In a months time everyone will be quite a high level...but not necessarily skilled.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Anyone know how they determine the skill level ? surely it's not your character level...that is majorly based on playtime. In a months time everyone will be quite a high level...but not necessarily skilled.

I would imagine its combination of win/loss plus team elimination involvement.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Where did you read this?

Where did you read this?

See the attached screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

If anybody on PS4 fancies a few games over the weekend add me. Maxiburke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's pretty great indeed. Sorry dcully for last night, we got 6 by the time you came on :(

No problem i couldn't partake fully anyways,baby was asleep so couldn't use voice comms.

As with the beta i haven't enjoyed a game this much since maybe vanilla wow,cant think of anything else.

Looking forward to the new maps and heroes they add over time, maybe a few new game modes too.

This game is digital cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey guys, didn't try the beta, but the more I hear about this, the more I like it, is there a demo? Just so I can taste before I buy?

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys, didn't try the beta, but the more I hear about this, the more I like it, is there a demo? Just so I can taste before I buy?

Nope, no Demo.
    I suggest go watch a Stream for an hour on TWITCH, you'll get the jist and will know if you'll like it or not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement