Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's class. Also, now we know the mathematical equation for concentrated evil.

Why do they bother with an off season? Competitive is a waste of time right now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I was in quick play last night and it was party time. Messing about all over the place. The highlight being another lonely trip up to Eichenwalde Castle as Mercy sitting on the payload with not another player to be seen for miles. Gold medal for objective time :D

Competitive is the only game mode I properly enjoy. I might as well give the game up for a week.

Yeah I started Titanfall 2 last night. Should get it finished before Season 4 starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

People are still taking it a little more seriously than Quick Play. It also has a different structure. QP games are always one game per each half of a map (attack/defense), for example. Competitive plays both halves before declaring a winner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah I started Titanfall 2 last night. Should get it finished before Season 4 starts.

Its very short so youll have it done by Tuesday :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its very short so youll have it done by Tuesday :D

That suits me grand to be honest! Having a blast with it so far. It's like if Lucio got a Gritty reboot. And somehow got Dva's mech. And upgraded it. And she died because reasons and he must avenge her.

Gritty as a sand sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Competitive is the only game mode I properly enjoy. I might as well give the game up for a week.

haha! I use the time to get better at other heros.. and you can get a decent game in qp tbh

Meant to post this the other day. Granted our team was not playing well, but this random lad had a bit of a "moment".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What a fcukin geebag!

There was more before it. I couldn't even play well cause I was in knots.

Grayditch wrote: »
    There was more before it. I couldn't even play well cause I was in knots.

I'd have muted him after 10 seconds

When people ask me why I got a surround sound headset :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Meant to post this the other day. Granted our team was not playing well, but this random lad had a bit of a "moment".

I wonder was the Bastion the guy killing him :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wonder was the Bastion the guy killing him :pac:

Haha, yeah. Bastion was ruining the team for the whole game! I switched to Phara to try sort it. "THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN!"

Haha, yeah. Bastion was ruining the team for the whole game! I switched to Phara to try sort it. "THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN!"

You can see him pushing to far on his own twice in the clip.

I would say you need to stay in the air alot more as Pharah. You were making it a bit easy on the other team staying so low.

Grayditch wrote:
    When people ask me why I got a surround sound headset

That was beautiful ;_;

He's my favourite. It's like wearing a glove at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zillah wrote: »
    People are still taking it a little more seriously than Quick Play. It also has a different structure. QP games are always one game per each half of a map (attack/defense), for example. Competitive plays both halves before declaring a winner.

There is no penalty to leaving though, so if you lost badly, expect at least 2 quitters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    There is no penalty to leaving though, so if you lost badly, expect at least 2 quitters.

True I'd say 2 out of every 5 games gets ruined.

But it's also a great way to practice a new hero in a somewhat serious setting, quickly is stress free silly picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

More teasing of the new character...

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/835157371106156544

Doomfist wrecks stuff in Numbani and Efi releases her robot to stop him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Doomfist isnt always evil, dont assume hes a baddie and the 11 year old is the goodie

J. Marston wrote: »
    More teasing of the new character...

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/835157371106156544

Doomfist wrecks stuff in Numbani and Efi releases her robot to stop him?

Efi took the photo (see bottom right). My guess is someone has taken the "Doomfist" from the payload and has started attacking the OR15 bots. Efi sees this and builds her robot from all the damaged parts in the Airport.

Doomfist isnt always evil, dont assume hes a baddie and the 11 year old is the goodie

WHAT DO YOU KNOW??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

PTR is updated to include that scene at the airport in Numbani. Gauntlet is meant to be taken from payload too.

That's cool. Will we still be moving the same payload sans the glove?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I guess so. You'd imagine there's a short animation inbound with the changes to explain what's happened.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/24/14731538/overwatch-doomfist-update-numbani-ptr-blizzard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Need advice for pharroh, who do i need kill this f**cker. Every character should be good but there should be one in the roster to take th4 weakness of the other. So who is pharahs

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Need advice for pharroh, who do i need kill this f**cker. Every character should be good but there should be one in the roster to take th4 weakness of the other. So who is pharahs

If you can't kill her, then just disrupt her. Pharah is ****e when being focused on.

Hanzo can be good for one shotting her from distance while she's preoccupied.

*awaits hatemail*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement